It's time for a change at OC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Fiddler

I watch NFL games and see OC's develop Offensive plays to put their players in a position to make plays. I really see no creativity by the Rams OC in the utilization of Tavon and his speed. Screens? Slot Receiver? Wide Out? So far it's RB up the middle.
Anyone, How would you use him?

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Blue font: Shotty, is that you?

On point though, I want to see him being used as more of a standard wide out. Line him up on the perimeter and have him run some actual routes. Even if he was the worst route runner in the word he could still burn DB's on 9 routes.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

I was a number 1 supporter of Austin even before the Oklahoma game. I wanted the Rams to draft him, but stated EMPHATICALLY that they should not unless they KNEW they had a plan to use him effectively.

They showed some slight commitment to him his rookie year , highlighted by some trick plays drawn up by Fisher. Outside of that there's been next to nothing. When they made "the change" last year back to the power/PA game, continuing to find effective ways to get Tavon the ball was not in the plans.

Fiddler

Blue font: Shotty, is that you?

On point though, I want to see him being used as more of a standard wide out. Line him up on the perimeter and have him run some actual routes. Even if he was the worst route runner in the word he could still burn DB's on 9 routes.

Fiddler

jsimcox, No I'm not Schotty, Schottys busy throwing dice to determine whether to run Tavon over LT or RT!

SierraRam

Recreational User
I watch NFL games and see OC's develop Offensive plays to put their players in a position to make plays. I really see no creativity by the Rams OC in the utilization of Tavon and his speed. Screens? Slot Receiver? Wide Out? So far it's RB up the middle.

Tavon needs to be the guy on our end-arounds not Sted or Cook. And disguise them! Even I can see them coming...

He's our fastest guy, but we don't use him enough to stretch the field vertically. Single him up and go DEEEP

(after the initial distraction, I saw the rest of your avatar Fiddler :ROFLMAO:. Welcome aboard!)

Fiddler

jsimcox, No I'm not Schotty, Schottys busy throwing dice to determine whether to run Tavon over LT or RT!

I'd like to see some quick passes to the slot or send him out wide and deep with his speed to stretch the Defense a little!

Alan

Legend
Fiddler at a loss:
Screens? Slot Receiver? Wide
How would you use him?
You already named some of the options. :) There must be something about him we're not aware of because why else would you not try and use this weapon?

Why don't you stop by here Re: Introduce Yourself thread and introduce yourself?

WvuIN02

Starter
He has better straight line speed than most corners in the NFL....obviously shouldnt use him more than 5 yards from the LOS line BS does.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Screens? Slot Receiver? Wide Out? So far it's RB up the middle.
First I would go back and see how he and Bailey were used to see if I could learn anything from that. I would use him in screen's, slot, and as a wide out for long passes. I would also disguise plays around him.

WvuIN02

Starter
Most of Austins touchdowns in college came from deep passes where he had a step on a defender...go routes, deep crossing routes, corner routes. Then defenses would back off and we would use him on underneath stuff because they were afraid of his deep presence. The Rams only used him in this way as far as I can remember in the Colts game some last year, when he had a long bomb td catch.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Don't dare question Austin on this board, there will be consequences.

BS, (seems like appropriate initials to me), has the vision of Mr Magoo, with the backing of the boss. There is a reason that Fisher has only 6 wining seasons in his career.

Fisher is only 16 games over .500 in 20 freaking years!!!

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/FishJe0.htm

I think we should give Fisher another year to prove himself, but he is the one we should have an issue with. Who hired BS? Who hired Williams?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Most of Austins touchdowns in college came from deep passes where he had a step on a defender...go routes, deep crossing routes, corner routes. Then defenses would back off and we would use him on underneath stuff because they were afraid of his deep presence. The Rams only used him in this way as far as I can remember in the Colts game some last year, when he had a long bomb td catch.

He had one in Carolina too that got called back, and one that resulted in dpi. They tried him deep a few other times that didn't materialize, but I'm sure helped keep the defense back.

The deep ball is gone now that Bradford is, and teams know it. Not sure if that's an issue of talent or a scared coordinator. Most likely a combination of both.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Tavon out of bunch sets on the fly pattern, line him up at TE forcing a safety to come down or a LB to cover him

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
i would vote any one of you guys as OC over Schottenheimer at this point. how much does this guy get paid?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Don't dare question Austin on this board, there will be consequences.

Not true. The rules here are quite simple; we don't condone name calling and agenda riding.

If you follow what has been written by myself and the mods, there is plenty of critique directed at this team. However... It's done in a manner that shows a little respect for the team we love and in the spirit of meaningful conversation.

It's all about keeping this place fun to participate.

There are plenty of other options for those that prefer a lot of bitching and complaining. Life's too short for me to find enjoyment in that.