It's that time of the season

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Week 5 or 6 to me is the time of the season where you really find out what teams are for real and which ones just got a quick start or lucky breaks. There are still two undefeated teams in Houston and Atlanta. There are five 4-1 teams, Arizona, Minnesota, Baltimore, San Francisco, and Chicago. In my opinion, the jury is still out on Arizona and Minnesota as to if they are for real but we'll know soon because they both have brutal schedules to come and play each other in two weeks. There are seven 3-2 and four 2-2 teams. These are the teams that could emerge next week as contenders. In my opinion, only three or four teams with current losing records have much of a chance of turning it around, Green Bay, Denver, New Orleans, and maybe Detroit. So I'm thinking the Rams match-up with the Dolphins next Sunday is huge in making the Rams a contender. Let this team get to 4-2 and it's on!!!!!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Ramhusker said:
Week 5 or 6 to me is the time of the season where you really find out what teams are for real and which ones just got a quick start or lucky breaks. There are still two undefeated teams in Houston and Atlanta. There are five 4-1 teams, Arizona, Minnesota, Baltimore, San Francisco, and Chicago. In my opinion, the jury is still out on Arizona and Minnesota as to if they are for real but we'll know soon because they both have brutal schedules to come and play each other in two weeks. There are seven 3-2 and four 2-2 teams. These are the teams that could emerge next week as contenders. In my opinion, only three or four teams with current losing records have much of a chance of turning it around, Green Bay, Denver, New Orleans, and maybe Detroit. So I'm thinking the Rams match-up with the Dolphins next Sunday is huge in making the Rams a contender. Let this team get to 4-2 and it's on!!!!!

Well IF this team goes 4-2 IMO it'll be 5-2 with Stan Kroenke's home field advantage at Wembley on the horizon. Tell me 6-2 is where we end up and I can't see us NOT making a playoff run.
people looking at our schedule before the season would have told you 4-4 was impossible and thereby so was 8-8.
You astutely observe this week is a week where pretenders and contenders begin to separate.
It's refreshing to talk like this without being ridiculed as overly optimistic.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Minnesota is for real. They beat SF convincingly. Peterson is back and Ponder is having an awesome year.

As for the Rams...Miami is a winnable game. But Miami is still in the NFL, and it's gonna hard to win there. I hope w/ 10 days rest the travel won't be that much of a burden.

After Miami, they got GB, NE, and SF. I think they can beat GB and maybe NE. SF is gonna likely be a loss. But for all 3 the Rams have 2 be on top of things.

We'll see.

If anything, I want the Rams to SMACK Brady.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
Thordaddy said:
Ramhusker said:

Well IF this team goes 4-2 IMO it'll be 5-2 with Stan Kroenke's home field advantage at Wembley on the horizon. Tell me 6-2 is where we end up and I can't see us NOT making a playoff run.
people looking at our schedule before the season would have told you 4-4 was impossible and thereby so was 8-8.
You astutely observe this week is a week where pretenders and contenders begin to separate.
It's refreshing to talk like this without being ridiculed as overly optimistic.

Don't for get the instant fan wagon that will suddenly appear & balloon with every game. Leaving us diehards driving it into the sunset. I can't wait for it to happen again. :twisted:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I know it's always cliche but I get the feeling this team WILL continue to take it one game at a time. Let's beat the fins and then change our focus to how the next team plays and so on. Fisher has them with the right mind set. Now they have to go out and win each game. We will soon see if this team can challenge for and in the playoffs.

I was watching an interview with Chip Kelly last night. People were asking him if it meant a lot more to beat UW because of the history and rivalry. He just said something to the effect that he couldn't understand as a coach and team that kind of mentality. He said that if all his team did was go out there and beat UW and OSU there might be a few happy fans but he wouldn't nor should he be coaching that team. He went on to say that they worked on WSU just as hard as UW and every other team. He takes no team for granted and works on the team they are facing each week.

I know a lot of coaches say similar things but I think the good ones never look past the team they face next. It always bugs me when someone says a team was looking past the team they just lost to. Pretty hollow excuse. But I know some teams do it and get burned. We may lose some games the rest of the way. I just don't think that will be the reason no matter how good we become. Fisher has a great respect for what it takes to be a player and coach in the NFL. He knows the narrow gap between a winning team and a losing team. He knows anyone can beat you on a given day and we can beat anyone else as well.

I don't know what kind of a season we will reflect on but a playoff game wouldn't surprise me and I don't believe it would surprise Fish either.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
RamFan503 said:
I know it's always cliche but I get the feeling this team WILL continue to take it one game at a time. Let's beat the fins and then change our focus to how the next team plays and so on. Fisher has them with the right mind set. Now they have to go out and win each game. We will soon see if this team can challenge for and in the playoffs.

I was watching an interview with Chip Kelly last night. People were asking him if it meant a lot more to beat UW because of the history and rivalry. He just said something to the effect that he couldn't understand as a coach and team that kind of mentality. He said that if all his team did was go out there and beat UW and OSU there might be a few happy fans but he wouldn't nor should he be coaching that team. He went on to say that they worked on WSU just as hard as UW and every other team. He takes no team for granted and works on the team they are facing each week.

I know a lot of coaches say similar things but I think the good ones never look past the team they face next. It always bugs me when someone says a team was looking past the team they just lost to. Pretty hollow excuse. But I know some teams do it and get burned. We may lose some games the rest of the way. I just don't think that will be the reason no matter how good we become. Fisher has a great respect for what it takes to be a player and coach in the NFL. He knows the narrow gap between a winning team and a losing team. He knows anyone can beat you on a given day and we can beat anyone else as well.

I don't know what kind of a season we will reflect on but a playoff game wouldn't surprise me and I don't believe it would surprise Fish either.

The team will, but I don't think the fans talkin about future games will effect them.

Miami, GB, NE, bye, SF. Wish NE was in STL but ehh, w/e. Actually this seems like the perfect schedule.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Angry Ram said:
The team will, but I don't think the fans talkin about future games will effect them.

Miami, GB, NE, bye, SF. Wish NE was in STL but ehh, w/e. Actually this seems like the perfect schedule.

Nope - don't expect it to either. Just thought what Chip was saying was kinda pertinent. Me? I'm looking forward to NO in Feb. :bign:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Miami is gonna be a tough opponent, but im excited to see how prepared Fisher will have this team be after 10 days of rest. This game may have to be put on Bradfords shoulders because Miami has a good run D, and it will be interesting to watch the offense without Danny.

I hate Belichick, but I have to admire how that team constantly evolves. Last year, teams would put in extra DBs, and dare them to run the ball. This year, the Pats have killed teams with their running game, and they have a legit outside WR (Lloyd). Im very intrigued to see how we match-up with them because, once again, they are a SB contender.

Theres something off about Aaron Rodgers this year. Maybe it was because he set the bar so high for himself after his playoff performance during their SB run, and winning the MVP last year. Not having Greg Jennings has hurt them. The OL has question marks. They are beatable.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
JdashSTL said:
Miami is gonna be a tough opponent, but im excited to see how prepared Fisher will have this team be after 10 days of rest. This game may have to be put on Bradfords shoulders because Miami has a good run D, and it will be interesting to watch the offense without Danny.

I hate Belichick, but I have to admire how that team constantly evolves. Last year, teams would put in extra DBs, and dare them to run the ball. This year, the Pats have killed teams with their running game, and they have a legit outside WR (Lloyd). Im very intrigued to see how we match-up with them because, once again, they are a SB contender.

Theres something off about Aaron Rodgers this year. Maybe it was because he set the bar for himself so high after his playoff performance during their SB run, and winning the MVP last year. Not having Greg Jennings has hurt them. The OL has question marks. They are beatable.
I think the Packers have been in some pretty peculiar spots lately. There's no way they should have lost the Seattle game, and I don't see how anyone could have beaten the Colts yesterday after the entire team dedicated it to Pagano. It's like winning one for the Gipper. Can't beat a team like that. The Colts will come back down to earth now, but it was like the Saints game last year with the Rams. Jackson called that team out prior to (and during) the game, and they just weren't going to lose. They also came back down to earth though. =(

Had the Packers received the benefit of real refs in that Seattle game, and faced the Colts any other week than last week, their record is 4-1 right now. And they barely lost to the 49ers. I think they're going to be okay. Just really weird circumstances surrounding them the past few weeks.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As for the Rams, I fear they are not going to sneak up on anyone anymore. They have them ranked 8th in the power rankings. 8th! Who would of thunk that after last season????? :shock:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ramhusker said:
As for the Rams, I fear they are not going to sneak up on anyone anymore. They have them ranked 8th in the power rankings. 8th! Who would of thunk that after last season????? :shock:
Who's they?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
Ramhusker said:
Who's they?

Oh sorry X, it was Matt Miller on BR. I know it's just BR but there it is.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ramhusker said:
X said:
Ramhusker said:
Who's they?

Oh sorry X, it was Matt Miller on BR. I know it's just BR but there it is.
They're too conservative. :ww:

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
X said:
JdashSTL said:

Theres something off about Aaron Rodgers this year. Maybe it was because he set the bar for himself so high after his playoff performance during their SB run, and winning the MVP last year. Not having Greg Jennings has hurt them. The OL has question marks. They are beatable.
I think the Packers have been in some pretty peculiar spots lately. There's no way they should have lost the Seattle game, and I don't see how anyone could have beaten the Colts yesterday after the entire team dedicated it to Pagano. It's like winning one for the Gipper. Can't beat a team like that. The Colts will come back down to earth now, but it was like the Saints game last year with the Rams. Jackson called that team out prior to (and during) the game, and they just weren't going to lose. They also came back down to earth though. =(

Had the Packers received the benefit of real refs in that Seattle game, and faced the Colts any other week than last week, their record is 4-1 right now. And they barely lost to the 49ers. I think they're going to be okay. Just really weird circumstances surrounding them the past few weeks.

The Packers dominated the 1st half of the Colts game but were a completely different story in the 2nd half. A similar thing happened for the Seahawks game, they were awful in the 1st half, but looked much better in the 2nd half. You are right about the weird circumstances though. Nobody has a good read on them right now. Would I be suprised if they beat Houston next week? No, but im probably picking the Texans haha.