Its real simple

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Everyone is asking why are they worse this year? Its a combination of a mediocre OL that gets no push in the run game, blocking for 190 lb RBs, with no FB, and the result is absolutely no respect for the run game. That allows defenses to flood the back end with defenders, taking away Givens speed and his big play ability while also blanketing our guys underneath. Add in no offensive imagination and this is what happens.

I thought the biggest question on this team was the OL, and in particular the interior three, and that has really reared its head in my view with Jackson not being here. He made that group look better, and these change of pace backs don't work with a line like this.

So in short, no Jackson, who actually had a FB last year in Miller and Kendricks, could move the pile and force teams to respect the run. Now nobody respects the run game and why should they with Richardson back there on his own. If you are going to have small backs, put a big FB in there at least to build a run game with. If Gore needs one why can't the Rams use one????

So now Bradford is getting pressured constantly and the poor imagination of the OC can't save the passing game.

To fix it they need two 320 lb OGs that can move the LOS, and a Big back at either FB or TB that can command respect from a defense and force teams to put 8 in the box at some point. Then find an OC that can run that offense.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep. I'm sorry Steven. But you're the only thing that made our run game respectable.

shake-n-bake

Rookie
I agree. The running back situation is a problem. They only need to keep 5 in the box because no one respects the run. But I cant give Bradford a pass on this one. He was bad tonight. I have been a supporter of his but I cant support this.

Marshall made a good point at halftime. When Shotty was with the Jets everyone complained his biggest problem was slow starts. Well just because he has a different baseball cap on does not mean the guy has changed his ways.