It's official...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
@SoftliSTL Tony Softli
Sounds like Devaney is leaking that he will be fired through national media contacts, that info has not come from the Kroenke group.

This was kind of to be expected. The first one to report something that's seemingly inevitable. Wins.

So who replaces Devaney anyway?

If it's Smith I'm going to shoot something.

superfan24

Starter
Lesson said:
X said:
@SoftliSTL Tony Softli
Sounds like Devaney is leaking that he will be fired through national media contacts, that info has not come from the Kroenke group.

This was kind of to be expected. The first one to report something that's seemingly inevitable. Wins.

Please tell me that he hasn't said anything about Spags. Pretty please.

I hope both are retained, but I guess I'd take just Spags if necessary

superfan24

Starter
bluecoconuts said:
X said:
@SoftliSTL Tony Softli

Shoot me if its Smith

Lesson

Oh, really?
bluecoconuts said:
X said:
@SoftliSTL Tony Softli

What about this picture?

Linihan.jpg

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
bluecoconuts said:
X said:
@SoftliSTL Tony Softli

Honestly, Id rather take a chance on a rookie GM from Green Bay, someone who learned under Ted Thompson. Going from Devaney to AJ Smith would be such a huge personality/philosophy change.

Lesson

Oh, really?
JdashSTL said:
bluecoconuts said:
X said:
@SoftliSTL Tony Softli

Honestly, Id rather take a chance on a rookie GM from Green Bay, someone who learned under Ted Thompson. Going from Devaney to AJ Smith would be such a huge personality/philosophy change.

I don't think we'll find anyone as open as Billy was to the public.

superfan24

Starter
JdashSTL said:
bluecoconuts said:
X said:
@SoftliSTL Tony Softli

Completely agree

superfan24

Starter
Lesson said:
JdashSTL said:
bluecoconuts said:
X said:
@SoftliSTL Tony Softli

I don't think we'll find anyone as open as Billy was to the public.

Yep and that really sucks

Lesson

Oh, really?
You know what?

I am going to ignore every rumor out there.

We will or won't know if Spags and/or Devaney are fired until their names are removed from the Rams' website.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Spags is still listed as the HC. So I assume he is still the HC of the Rams.

kohhwf

UDFA
I know we won't know if any of these rumors are true until there is an official announcement, but why is everyone so against A.J. Smith? The Chargers team has so much talent on it. I would exchange rosters with the Chargers in a heart beat. Just my two cents.

Lesson

Oh, really?
kohhwf said:
I know we won't know if any of these rumors are true until there is an official announcement, but why is everyone so against A.J. Smith? The Chargers team has so much talent on it. I would exchange rosters with the Chargers in a heart beat. Just my two cents.

Because Smith is stubborn as heck and fired a guy after a 14-2 season.

superfan24

Starter
kohhwf said:

Cause he is a huge asshole and noone likes him in San Diego

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
I dont know what to think about this if it ends up being true. I know you can point at the record and say they had to go, but damn, im so sick of starting over. These are really good guys that I wanted to succeed from day 1. We NEVER had negative controversy in the media. You see this drama pop up at different times for other teams with players and coaches saying and doing dumb things. The most controversial thing that came up was an NY reporter tweeting about Kroenke talking with Spags after the Giants loss. One more thing would be Dahl dropping the f-bomb lol. This is still something im very proud of with this team, and its CHARACTER. Anybody else read the reports about Santonio Holmes today? His teammates said he quit. These are the kind of issues we never had. The defensive players could have easily came out and ripped the offense and threw people under the bus, it never happened.

superfan24

Starter
JdashSTL said:
I dont know what to think about this if it ends up being true. I know you can point at the record and say they had to go, but damn, im so sick of starting over. These are really good guys that I wanted to succeed from day 1. We NEVER had negative controversy in the media. You see this drama pop up at different times for other teams with players and coaches saying and doing dumb things. The most controversial thing that came up was an NY reporter tweeting about Kroenke talking with Spags after the Giants loss. One more thing would be Dahl dropping the f-bomb lol. This is still something im very proud of with this team, and its CHARACTER. Anybody else read the reports about Santonio Holmes today? His teammates said he quit. These are the kind of issues we never had. The defensive players could have easily came out and ripped the offense and threw people under the bus, it never happened.

lol I 100% agree with nearly everything everyone is saying on this thread, at the pd on the other hand....

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re Mike Sherman...

I remember that guy when he was HC of the Packers. 57-39 record there. He got fired a year after a contract extention after finishing 4-12, when they lost some pro bowlers (Javon Walker, Ahman Green, Bubba Franks) to IR.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Sherman#Green_Bay_Packers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Sherm ... ay_Packers</a>

Not saying he'd be the best hire, but his NFL HC experience isn't that bad.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
kohhwf said:

He definitely has a good track record.I just dont like the guy, especially after we werent able to get Vincent Jackson last year lol. Players held out during the season last year, he let Sproles go, and if you wanna blame Spags for not keeping Laurent Robinson, the Chargers deserve plenty of blame for that as well. The Chargers have always been a solid team with him there but they always underachieve in the playoffs, and in the regular season in recent years. I will also say that I dont know how much blame Norv Turner should get for that. If he came here I would still support it tho.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Angry Ram said:
Re Mike Sherman...

I remember that guy when he was HC of the Packers. 57-39 record there. He got fired a year after a contract extention after finishing 4-12, when they lost some pro bowlers (Javon Walker, Ahman Green, Bubba Franks) to IR.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Sherman#Green_Bay_Packers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Sherm ... ay_Packers</a>

Oh yeah he was the GM too. Would we really consider hiring a coach to have that much responsibility, or could he just be the GM?

Lesson

Oh, really?
JdashSTL said:
Angry Ram said:
Re Mike Sherman...

Oh yeah he was the GM too. Would we really consider hiring a coach to have that much responsibility, or could he just be the GM?

Giving a HC that much say almost never works out:

I.E: Linehan.