It's NOT too early to panic - My rant

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
This team needs a boost. A new identity. Something. This team may not even win 5 games at this rate. These are old school ground and pound coaches that don't know how to use their weapons. Rams need to make coaching changes on the offensive and defensive coordinator positions next year..imo. I know Walton is just now into his 3rd game on the staff but this is the worst I've seen this defense since... you know. I mean, our players are way better than this. The soft zones, little to no blitzing, relying soely on the D line to make stops.. Some of you may disagree, but they are put in bad positions by the coaches. The game planning and play calling is horrendous on both sides. What are they thinking? What is Jeff Fishers idea here? There's no way they can come into these games thinking they can win with this.

WE ARE NOT USING OUR PLAYERS CORRECTLY, and that means Tavon, Cook, Givens, etc. We should be putting the ball in Tavon's hands any way we can. But 1 handoff a game and like 5 targets aren't going to get it done.

What are your guys's opinions on making changes at OC, DC....? What about Jeff Fisher and Sam Bradford? Is it time to make changes? Something needs to be done because we are BAD and nothing is working. I know this team is young, but this team is supposed to be built to win.. and it's not happening.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Its too early to hang the coordinators and thinking to next year.

But; its not too early for Fisher to assert himself into the decision making by these two.

I agree with the general theme around here: we are not creative and do not seem to be playing to our players strengths. We do the same thing every week even though its not working.

At the end of the day; this is Fishers team. He is responsible for the results. So far, its not there.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Bradford is the least of our problems, he's carrying this entire team. No run game, no defense, the only thing we have at this point is Bradford's arm until the rest of the team wakes up.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think Fisher needs to realize that we really don't have the type of RB's (unless you go Cunningham or Stacy) for the ground and pound approach. You have a QB that was a gunslinger in college. For ONCE, I would like to see them come out of the gate in the shotgun. Just like we did last year against Zona on the Thursday night game. Right down the field and scored. We need to SET the tempo. Thus far we try the slow route and we fall behind.

Is that Shotty or is that Fisher? I don't know. I do know the Defensive game plan for three weeks has pretty much sucked. That has to change more than anything. It's one thing if your aggresive and get burned. It's another when you play weak ass defense and you still get picked apart. That was not how we played last year. And what is up with C. Long. He has been non existent.

The only person I'm not sold on thus far is Walton. I have no clue what that guy is doing. It may sound dumb, but I would rather lose 27-24 than 31-7. I know a loss is a loss in the column but I at least thought every game would be competitive from start to finish.

So long answer is I don't think we need changes YET, but if we play this way for another 2-3 games then yes, something has to be done.

Slappy967

Starter
bradford is playing like the games matter to him so I wouldn't hang any thing on him. I do think Fisher needs to assert himself as far as the defensive playcalling. What did we do last year with no D coordinator? Tied for the lead league in sacks. Clearly Walton needs a push to let this team play like they are capable of. Frustrating day.

DeaconJ

Rookie
Wow, this is great! Looking forward to a high draft pick next year! Hope the Jags don't beat us to the bottom! :dahh:

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just hope something changes. I'm not even looking forward to Thursday. But, I'll only hope this team rebounds.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'm just glad they hid this during preseason

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Panic no; but really really time to start wondering if this team is as good as they were boasting in the offseason.

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just hate this stupid fast pass to the line of scrimmage on offense. Plus the O-Line was terrible. Ware made Jake Long look like a High School player. It was bad.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Thordaddy said:
I'm just glad they hid this during preseason

:lmao:

Yep. Saving the playbook for the regular season... :nono:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Panic???

:nahhh: Rams are one of the healthiest team in the NFL....they have just one missing starter due to injury & that is ORT Saffold who the Rams have played without the last two yrs so that's very normal to have him injured ,plus his replacement was not the problem today....Ok what happens when the Rams catch up to what most other teams are experiencing :whuu: & the injuries begin ?

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
No panic, but I sure hope there are some pissed off MFers in that lockeroom today.

This type of game can either make you or break you. In hindsight it could be the game that defined our whole season, in a positive way. It's all going to depend on how we handle adversity, in this case a royal ass-whooping.

Youngest team in the league, hope our kids respond to this like future champions.....