It's not perfect, but it's a start (Mock draft)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Hope you Enjoy.

Resigns:

1. Trumaine Johnson CB
2. Dominique Easley DE
3. Greg Zuerlein K

Cuts:
1. Rodger Saffold OG
2. Tre Mason RB
3. Eugene Sims DE
4. Lance Kendricks TE

Free Agency:
1. Johnathan Joseph CB
2. Pierre Garcon WR
3. Vernon Davis TE
4. Ron Leary OG
5. Chance Warmack OG
6. Demarcus Ware LB
7. Alan Branch NT

2017 NFL Draft:
2nd round: Evan Engram WR, Ole Miss
3rd round: Pat Elflein C, Ohio State
4th round: Jake Butt TE, Michigan (INJ)
4th round: Devonte Fields OLB, Louisville
6th round: De'Angelo Henderson RB
6th round: Josh Augusta NT, Missouri

Depth Chart:

QB: Jared Goff - Sean Mannion
RB: Todd Gurley - Malcolm Brown - De'Angelo Henderson
FB: Cory Harkey
XWR: Evan Engram - Mike Thomas
ZWR: Pierre Garcon - Pharoh Cooper
SWR: Tavon Austin - Nelson Spruce
TE: Jake Butt - Vernon Davis - Tyler Higbee
LT: Greg Robinson - Pace Murphy
LG: Ronald Leary - Jamon Brown
C: Pat Elflein - Tim Barnes
RG: Chance Warmack - Cody Wichmann
RT: Rob Havenstein

LDE: Michael Brockers - Dominique Easley
NT: Alan Branch - Josh Augusta
RDE: Aaron Donald
SOLB: DeMarcus Ware - Devonte Fields
ILB: Alec Ogletree
ILB: Mark Barron - Bryce Hager
WOLB: Robert Quinn
LCB: Trumaine Johnson - Troy Hill
RCB: Johnathan Joseph - Mike Jordan
SLCB: EJ Gaines
FS: Lamarcus Joyner - Cody Davis
SS: Maurice Alexander

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuade
PR/KR: Tavon Austin

- While it isn't the perfect offseason, we definitely upgrade at a few positions. Having Mark Barron as a MLB in Wade Phillips' defense isn't ideal, so I'm hoping they might be able to sign a UDFA or post- June Cut. I know the conscience around here is just to move Barron to Safety, but in my opinion he is no more than a slightly above-average in-the-box Strong Safety, where as Lamarcus Joyner could be a lethal Free Safety. Plus, I feel EJ Gaines is better suited to play that Nickel role in this defense.

On offense, I hope they go balls to the wall. Everyone knows our offensive line was piss-poor last year and has been for, lets be honest, the past decade. So I put a strong emphasis on rebuilding the offensive line. And while it's everyones go-to move for the offseason to project a Greg Robinson move from Left Tackle, to Left Guard, I don't know if the Rams are going to be able to find a replacement, therefore we may have to watch Greg Robinson as this teams starting Left Tackle for at least one more season.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I really like the overhaul on the entering oline.
I'm ok with Grob a LT for another year. We don't have much choice imo.

Getting Butt in the 4th would be great. I'm not sure where he is projected to go, but I'd like to have him.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Can't imagine Elflein falling to our 3'rd round pick. Sorry, can't help it, but I just can't stand the idea of GRob playing LT one more year. jmo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's an interesting take. I'd still be a tad concerned about the OL. Although, if we get Kromer, I'll feel much better about it.

I don't think Evan Engram is a X in the NFL. I think he's more likely a big slot WR. But it's possible.

I also think you're mistaking Wade's scheme for a typical 3-4. Wade Phillips doesn't like immobile NTs. He likes penetrators on his DL. Branch isn't a good fit. Neither is Augusta (who is reportedly WAY out of shape at the Shrine Bowl...they say he moves like a slug).

The two most effective NTs Wade has had over the past few years were Jay Ratliff in Dallas (6'4" 305) and Earl Mitchell in Houston (6'2" 300). If Miami cuts Earl Mitchell this off-season, I think he'll be in play here.

I expect Wade to get a NT who is mobile, even if he's a bigger guy (see Sly Williams in Denver).

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
On one hand I think you did a great job as this might be closer to the reality of a first year of a rebuild without a first round pick, which on the other hand makes it pretty depressing. I don't see a lot of upgrades or future to get excited over, and especially hate the TE as you managed to get both the most overrated NFL and college TEs.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
The two most effective NTs Wade has had over the past few years were Jay Ratliff in Dallas (6'4" 305) and Earl Mitchell in Houston (6'2" 300). If Miami cuts Earl Mitchell this off-season, I think he'll be in play here.

I expect Wade to get a NT who is mobile, even if he's a bigger guy (see Sly Williams in Denver).

Just a thought, bring back Nick Fairley. Ratliff is history & Mitchell is horrible in rush D. He'd probably come at a fair price and he can be that penetrating type DT in the right scheme. 6.5 sacks last season and has had over 5.5 sacks in 3 of his 6 years. jmo.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just a thought, bring back Nick Fairley. Ratliff is history & Mitchell is horrible in rush D. He'd probably come at a fair price and he can be that penetrating type DT in the right scheme. 6.5 sacks last season and has had over 5.5 sacks in 3 of his 6 years. jmo.

I'm not recommending Ratliff. I'm just pointing out that Wade tends to look for disruptors on his DL.

Fairly isn't a bad option, but I think he's going to get paid this offseason.

Mitchell can still play. Would be a solid option. Especially if we platooned him with someon eelse.

TexasRam

Legend
I appreciate that you are being realistic. I do like the dream mocks but these realistic ones where we don't plug all holes are worth sketching out.

If I am Mcvay the first thing I am doing is demoting Grob to the bench. No matter what we scheme up, it's going to be middle school until our 5 up front can win their battles consistently. Grob might get there one day, but right now he is getting regularly beaten and killing any attempt at sustaining drives. It's not fair to the team or the fan base to continue on with below average lineman.

If we want our offense to come out with a bang in 2017, and it CAN happen, We have to put together 5 guys that can take over the game and own their opponent across from them.

I like that you have 4 answers on the oline but want LT solved.