It's hard to keep momentum going in the NFL...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Wisconsinram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mike
Look back at past NFL dynasties and almost always, you will find a wonderful combination of strong ownership, a great GM that works well with a good coach. We are enjoying exactly that formula right now. More often than not, something gets in the way that ultimately causes a collapse....sometimes money, all too often "credit" with feelings being hurt (i.e. ego), etc. We are SO blessed right now to have Stan, Tony, Kevin, Les, and Sean in concert. Let's not lose it!

I don't pretend to know why Les hasn't been signed yet, but I can only suspect it's about his financial worth to the club. If it weren't, I suspect his next contract would have been signed by now and announced at the same time Sean's deal was. PLEASE, Stan, get this done! Les Snead is extremely unique. He works in concert with Sean and has a great relationship with Kevin. Equally important, he is tremendous at his job. I can't recall, in my 30 years of following the Rams and NFL, an individual that has had the ability and foresight to redesign how front offices should operate. The guy is literally a step ahead...always playing chess while others play checkers. We HAVE to sign the man to assure our next 5+ years results in a consistent winner. Trades, late round and UFDA pickups, culture building....all of it. The guy is a gem.

Of all of the consternation regarding the upcoming season, my biggest is that we get this guy signed to a deal that corresponds with Sean's. As a Ram fan, I have suffered through SO many years of frustration as a result of the collective upper-management unit not being competent that my primary wish is for us to continue with a strong core. Sign the man, Stan!

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with the OP. Snead has been great at drafting, signing free agents, and trades. In addition, he took a 7 and 9 team and helped turn them into one of the the most successful and highly-valued team in the NFL. He has helped build the market in LA for the Rams and their brand-new stadium and NO ONE could have done it better. Winning the super bowl was the Holy Grail and Snead and the Rams have done it with class.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I don't pretend to know why Les hasn't been signed yet, but I can only suspect it's about his financial worth to the club.

I'm going to push back on this. We have no grounds to speculate that it is about money.

It could be about hair gel for all we know. ;)

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It is easy, from a distance, to just say, "Pay him and get it done." But, there is no sense overpaying for Snead or anyone else. And, even if Snead is happy with what they are offering, he would be stupid not to try to get a little more. If the negotiations take a little longer, then they take a little longer. Snead wants to stay, the Rams want to keep him, it will get done at a dollar amount both sides are happy with. There really isn't a lot of danger that he walks. A lot of people really don't understand negotiations. Most of us think we do, intuitively, but we really don't. I thought I did, until I took a bunch of negotiation classes and workshops for my work.

fearsomefour

Legend
It is easy, from a distance, to just say, "Pay him and get it done." But, there is no sense overpaying for Snead or anyone else. And, even if Snead is happy with what they are offering, he would be stupid not to try to get a little more. If the negotiations take a little longer, then they take a little longer. Snead wants to stay, the Rams want to keep him, it will get done at a dollar amount both sides are happy with. There really isn't a lot of danger that he walks. A lot of people really don't understand negotiations. Most of us think we do, intuitively, but we really don't. I thought I did, until I took a bunch of negotiation classes and workshops for my work.
True.
Unlike players that have a short shelf life, a GM could be there for decades.
Win another title or two and another raise is coming.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Les Snead is going nowhere. He's the architect of the "Swing for the fences" and "All in" mantra. He changed the way teams approached the building process. It does take a strong head coach to sustain the winning. Snead and McVay are a perfect tandem to building and keeping a contender year after year.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
They'll get it figured out. My guess is that neither party is in as much of a hurry as us fans.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm not worried at all.

I have a very hard time believing that he will go anywhere.

Last edited:

Wisconsinram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mike
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I appreciate the optimism of you guys! Thanks!
But if I were an owner of a multi-million (billion?) dollar business that was stuck, I for sure would be recruiting the hell out of Snead right now (league rules be damned in this climate). I just hope Stan realizes just how good we have it and makes Les an offer that places him where he should rightfully be. Stan has rarely, if ever, backed away from this so I, too, am optimistic. But it is somewhat troubling to hear Sean say the original plan was to announce both signings in unison, only to learn they haven't gotten Snead's deal done yet. That, to me, spells a bit of indifference related to Snead's deal. I'm just old enough to understand that, at the end of the day, there is nothing more important than a solid ownership/front office/coach relationship. Thus my admittedly over anxious concern.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The good thing is that Stan Kroenke has deep pockets and he's not cheap. Plus, Stan isn't a micro manager, and he allows his staff to do their thing, unlike Jerry Jones. The only thing is he's getting older and unless there is a solid succession plan, things can go awry fast if Stan is unable to run the business.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
The key to a dynasty is a core of superstar players. NE was the exception with having the GOAT.

Rams might have it with Stafford, Kupp, Donald, Ramsey.

I do have concerns about O-line though.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I appreciate the optimism of you guys! Thanks!
But if I were an owner of a multi-million (billion?) dollar business that was stuck, I for sure would be recruiting the hell out of Snead right now (league rules be damned in this climate).
I imagine Kroenke and the Rams would feel differently.

Snead is under contract for another two seasons. An extension only keeps him here longer, and the Rams already decided after the Super Bowl win that he was going to get one.

No cause for angst.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Snead deserves it and we have an owner who will reward him. The days of letting good players and people go for penny pinching reasons are in the past.