It’s Finally Here!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Montanaramfan

Rookie
Why am I so fucking excited today? Let me tell you. As an 8-year old growing up in northeast Montana, we didn’t have a local team. My dad was from Texas and was a huge Cowboy fan but I wanted my own team. I got a poster that year that had the AFC helmets down one side and the NFC down the other with some stars of the day in the middle. Since my name started with “R”, I found the first team that started with that letter and made it my team. That was 1971. Thank God I didn’t run my finger down the AFC side.
We only got three channels back then and they always featured the Vikings (who my younger brother claimed) and the Broncos (who I dislike to this day because of that). The only time I’d get to see a glimpse of my Rams was when Howard Cosell would say “The Los Angeles Coliseum…” on the Monday night highlights.
The first Rams I remember watching were the blue and white clad Roman Gabriel, Willie Ellison, Merlin Olson and crew. I cherished the Jack Snow and Olson football cards I had back then.
I remember when the Rams changed to blue and gold and John Hadl and and Harold Jackson started showing up on the highlights, then McCutcheon and Youngblood and crew. We started to have good teams and even made the playoffs. When I got to high school, I wore number 85 like my idol Jack. I remember watching Bradshaw and the Steelers crush my heart in the Super Bowl and then the ups and downs through the 90s when we and the Bengals were the losingest teams of the decade. Then came the magical run in St. Louis. I don’t need to say more on that. It was the pinnacle of being a Ram fan. Then we were back down.
Now it’s 20 years later (how fast those years have gone) and here we are again.
You see, I’ve been true to this team longer than I’ve been true to almost anything else in my life - my kids, my wife, most of my friends. I’ve stuck to them through thick and thin. Today I’ll be watching with my 30 year old son (both of us football coaches) who is also a huge Ram fan. We probably get too intense during the game and prefer to watch it away from crowds (probably like some if you). We can’t handle the outside distractions. Ha.
Today I really feel that for the second time in my life my beloved Rams are going to make my dreams come true.
Let’s fucking go get this thing!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It's funny that you mention that you've been true to the Rams longer than anything else in your life. Well, except for my parents, it's the same for me and it's been almost that long for me too.

I picked the Rams because they were basically the home team in Hawaii where I grew up. I was able to watch them on Sunday mornings because of the time difference. So on Saturdays I had cartoons on TV in the mornings and Ram football on Sunday mornings. We only had 3 English speaking TV channels back then too but we also had a few Japanese TV channels. But Ram games were always my Favorite thing on TV.

My love for them didn't waiver when we came back home to the Mainland but I wasn't able to watch them on TV every Sunday anymore. I was never able to really find other Ram fans around me because I never lived near their home cities. You would've thought the Rams played in my backyard though with how much I loved them.... even when we sucked.

You bringing up how long you've been true to the Rams reminded me of how addicted I am to them too. Over the last 2 weeks I've heard friends of mine talking to each other about the Rams and me when they really didn't know I was listening. The common thing I heard them all saying... "when someone is as passionate about something like George is with the Rams - It's fucking cool and you've got to admire that". So many of my friends are cheering with us today. A few of them (girls) have actually become real Ram fans too.

It's great knowing that the Greatest Football Team in the world is playing in their home stadium today in the Super Bowl. This is a special day for all of us.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
This team has given me so much joy, sure the mid nineties and the lull in the 2000s were tough.

This was passed down to me from my Grandad and dad, now my son is a huge Rams fan as well.

I've seen games from LA, to St. Louis to Miami etc.

The time has come fellas.

FINISH THE JOB!!

Montanaramfan

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
In 50 years of rooting for this team, only once have they ended the season without me being disappointed. Once. That's crazy. I really feel like this is our year. All of the stars have aligned, we have the home field, the guys are focused and don't want that sour taste in their mouth that they finished with a few years ago.

fearsomefour

Legend
These are the good old days fellas.....this team has had an epic year.
Ive seen 4 Rams Super Bows, this being my 5th. The first when I was a little, little kid.
ALL of the bad years, decades on end, make days like today and seasons like this one truly special.
I love this team.
McSnead are both great talents and need to NOT retire anytime soon....put the soon to be Mrs McVay on birth control.
GO RAMS!!!!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
It's funny that you mention that you've been true to the Rams longer than anything else in your life. Well, except for my parents, it's the same for me and it's been almost that long for me too.

I picked the Rams because they were basically the home team in Hawaii where I grew up. I was able to watch them on Sunday mornings because of the time difference. So on Saturdays I had cartoons on TV in the mornings and Ram football on Sunday mornings. We only had 3 English speaking TV channels back then too but we also had a few Japanese TV channels. But Ram games were always my Favorite thing on TV.
It's amazing I agree with the exception of my parents & sister the Rams and sports have been part of my life more then anything. My story has to do with my Uncle who was 4 years older then me and more like a big brother, when visiting my Grandparents, my Uncle and his friends were out in the back yard playing football and my Grandmother would not let me out there to play for fear of getting hurt, well, I ended up sneaking out the side door and came from behind them and one of my uncle's friends was the QB and I was behind him and tackled him to the ground.

My Uncle and his friends laughed and my Uncle yelled out "Den The Deacon." Didn't know who Deacon Jones was at that time, but after he showed his football card and told be about him, when I saw the horns I was hooked. I always feel my fandom really started in 1973 when I was 7 and understood things better, but that statement by my Uncle really led to my love for the Los Angeles Rams.

Last edited:

Montanaramfan

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's really cool to see how we all became Ram fans, especially those of us who have been here for 40-50 years.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
1644782068689.jpeg

A young RamsFanCK

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Why am I so fucking excited today? Let me tell you. As an 8-year old growing up in northeast Montana, we didn’t have a local team. My dad was from Texas and was a huge Cowboy fan but I wanted my own team. I got a poster that year that had the AFC helmets down one side and the NFC down the other with some stars of the day in the middle. Since my name started with “R”, I found the first team that started with that letter and made it my team. That was 1971. Thank God I didn’t run my finger down the AFC side.
We only got three channels back then and they always featured the Vikings (who my younger brother claimed) and the Broncos (who I dislike to this day because of that). The only time I’d get to see a glimpse of my Rams was when Howard Cosell would say “The Los Angeles Coliseum…” on the Monday night highlights.
The first Rams I remember watching were the blue and white clad Roman Gabriel, Willie Ellison, Merlin Olson and crew. I cherished the Jack Snow and Olson football cards I had back then.
I remember when the Rams changed to blue and gold and John Hadl and and Harold Jackson started showing up on the highlights, then McCutcheon and Youngblood and crew. We started to have good teams and even made the playoffs. When I got to high school, I wore number 85 like my idol Jack. I remember watching Bradshaw and the Steelers crush my heart in the Super Bowl and then the ups and downs through the 90s when we and the Bengals were the losingest teams of the decade. Then came the magical run in St. Louis. I don’t need to say more on that. It was the pinnacle of being a Ram fan. Then we were back down.
Now it’s 20 years later (how fast those years have gone) and here we are again.
You see, I’ve been true to this team longer than I’ve been true to almost anything else in my life - my kids, my wife, most of my friends. I’ve stuck to them through thick and thin. Today I’ll be watching with my 30 year old son (both of us football coaches) who is also a huge Ram fan. We probably get too intense during the game and prefer to watch it away from crowds (probably like some if you). We can’t handle the outside distractions. Ha.
Today I really feel that for the second time in my life my beloved Rams are going to make my dreams come true.
Let’s fucking go get this thing!
Pretty much the same here - picked up the RAM vibe in high school... 50+ years later, now retired... been through it all... superbowl appearances about every 20 years - now 2 in the last 3 years... been to one game ever at the Coliseum! Hope to get to Stan's Place next year!!!

Ram65

Legend
Dodgers first followed by the Rams. Well over 50 years. The Rams were on TV some on the East Coast in the late 60's and early 70's as the late afternoon game. I always like to look at the Sunday sports section and see the Rams at or near the top of the offensive and defensive leader boards. Went to some games in the '80s while living in Cali. Also, got a chance to talk to some players. Love them Horns.

Go Rams!

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
These are the good old days fellas.....this team has had an epic year.
Ive seen 4 Rams Super Bows, this being my 5th. The first when I was a little, little kid.
ALL of the bad years, decades on end, make days like today and seasons like this one truly special.
I love this team.
McSnead are both great talents and need to NOT retire anytime soon....put the soon to be Mrs McVay on birth control.
GO RAMS!!!!
No worries, McVay won't retire any time soon. Not while AD Stafford Kupp and company are still around.