It's been 7 years.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
The last time the Rams won their opening game was 2006.

That's one long dry spell. And it's not lost on Fisher.

Beating the Cards at home in 5 weeks is the single most important goal for this team. Everything that goes on between now and then should be focused on winning that game.

There is no bigger opening day game than a home game against a division foe. If the Rams want a real shot at winning the West, they must beat the Cards.

7 years is way too long.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, there is no such thing as a must-win game week 1. But, early wins are so important in the NFL and that game clearly propels us FORWARD with a win.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
7 years is way the fuck too long.

WE MUST END THIS SHIT NOW

nighttrain

Legend
Consider this a must win. to start with a win is so important to having a winning record. And i'd like to break that trend of luck, we've had our 7 years and then some
train

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Holy shit. I guess that's true now that I think about it. 7 freaking years... man

Btw the front end of the schedule is so tough that I consider it a must win. We had Detroit's fucking number too last year. Still can believe we lost that one either.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Fishers record in the opening week 1 game as a head coach is 10-6 which is
. 625%

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I remember that game against Denver. I was at the airport in Palm Beach when it started, and landed in Maryland to see that Wilkins kicked about 25 field goals in the win. I was pretty excited about that, but then the rest of the season happened and that was the beginning of the end.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rabid Ram said:
. 625%

That's interesting.

Thinking back to last year in Detroit. No one expected the Rams to win that game, and people were congratulating Fisher on a good performance in that loss. But he wasn't happy in the least. He expected to win that game and made that clear in his post game presser.

Now he has a better setting.

At home.
His team is more talented than last years team.
2nd year in the program.
The Cards are adjusting to a new HC, new QB, and new system.

The Rams should be clearly favored to win this game, my guess is about a TD. And when was the last opening game that happened?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Without a doubt a big game and yes, a near must win. All games played in the NFL are big games . A must win if this team wants to win the West and go to the playoffs as a division champ.

max said:
Rabid Ram said:
. 625%

That's interesting.

Thinking back to last year in Detroit. No one expected the Rams to win that game, and people were congratulating Fisher on a good performance in that loss. But he wasn't happy in the least. He expected to win that game and made that clear in his post game presser.

Now he has a better setting.

At home.
His team is more talented than last years team.
2nd year in the program.
The Cards are adjusting to a new HC, new QB, and new system.

The Rams should be clearly favored to win this game, my guess is about a TD. And when was the last opening game that happened?

currently -6 at most offshore books

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DegenR(g)ambler said:
max said:

currently -6 at most offshore books
Your name always makes me think of this scene.

[warning]WARNING
Strong language
NSFW (obviously)[/warning]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDFqRFODiMg[/youtube]