It looks like Snead has very nearly completed the biggest rebuild ever

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Oh and btw take a look at some of the decisions pending for Les after this season. Here's some of our free agents for 2018:

CB Johnson
WR Watkins
OLB Barwin
ILB Ogletree
CB/S Joyner
C Sullivan
CB Robey-Coleman
DT Walker

Plus the whole Aaron Donald deal. Les has his work cut out for him man.
My priorities(as of week 5...today...Lol) are
1. Donald. No brainer
2. Watkins. I've explained why in a different thread. Basically because he's a true #1 and entering his prime years. He's not old and he's not a puppy either. I want some elite vets sprinkled through this roster of talented puppies.
3. Ogletree. He's an impact player. Phillips will find out where he belongs and Tree will flourish.

I'd look at rebuilding this defense a little in the offseason. OLB and CB's.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I wonder who was responsible for Iseah Pead, Zac Stacy, Greg Robinson, Brian Quick, and Tavon Austin picks? Snead or Fisher?
The same decision maker(s) that found, acquired and drafted all those impact special teams and defensive players since 2012.
Everyone you listed was, at the very least, doomed to failure because of bad coaching. No one got bettter or progressed.

I said it after Fisher was fired and Snead retained. Snead has good enough scouting and is very good at getting the players the HC wants. After that, the rest is up to the coaching staff to put them in a position to succeed. Fisher and his defensive/ST's staff did that for 5 years...successfully. The offense was a complete failure. You just have to read between the lines.

Snead didn't change anything this year. He went out and found offensive players for McVay and lo and behold whaddaknow? They're successful on offense.

Snead was never the problem here over the last 5 years. Even the best GM's will draft a bust...or two...or three.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wonder who was responsible for Iseah Pead, Zac Stacy, Greg Robinson, Brian Quick, and Tavon Austin picks? Snead or Fisher?

Even if it was 100% Snead so what..........even the best of GM's only hit at a certain rate and Snead has been above that even without having final say. And until Stacy was a 5th rounder so it's hard to say he was a waste because they got some production out of him.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
The same decision maker(s) that found, acquired and drafted all those impact special teams and defensive players since 2012.
Everyone you listed was, at the very least, doomed to failure because of bad coaching. No one got bettter or progressed.

I said it after Fisher was fired and Snead retained. Snead has good enough scouting and is very good at getting the players the HC wants. After that, the rest is up to the coaching staff to put them in a position to succeed. Fisher and his defensive/ST's staff did that for 5 years...successfully. The offense was a complete failure. You just have to read between the lines.

Snead didn't change anything this year. He went out and found offensive players for McVay and lo and behold whaddaknow? They're successful on offense.

Snead was never the problem here over the last 5 years. Even the best GM's will draft a bust...or two...or three.

Good answer, but I think I didn't word my question properly. For example: I wonder if Fisher said "we need a OLT with our first round pick". Les Snead then works on rating the OLT's and hands Fisher the list. Did Les have Robinson at #1? I kind of doubt it considering how well Les has hit on UDFA and late round picks. Did Fisher get the list and then overrule Les on who was top of the list? That's kind of more what I was wondering.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Good answer, but I think I didn't word my question properly. For example: I wonder if Fisher said "we need a OLT with our first round pick". Les Snead then works on rating the OLT's and hands Fisher the list. Did Les have Robinson at #1? I kind of doubt it considering how well Les has hit on UDFA and late round picks. Did Fisher get the list and then overrule Les on who was top of the list? That's kind of more what I was wondering.

There could be a bias since GRob played for his alma mater. Just like to think in my head that GRob was Fisher's choice, not Snead; it's done now, hope he's in the works of finding Whitworth's successor

nighttrain

Legend
A lot of GM's has Grob at #1, just goes to show ya
train