It is my hope that this amazing draft is not a complete outlier…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
When you win a Super Bowl, any draft pick that contributed to that Super Bowl was a good pick. Hopkins can never play in an NFL game again and that pick was still more than worth it for the plays he made in the Super Bowl.
What matters most in this league is winning. And winning the Super Bowl is the highest form of that. But Hopkins contributing to the win does not change the fact he's a bust. Fourth round pick who cannot dress for the game on many weekends where our TE group has been destitute. I mean c'mon.

And saying that doesn't make him a victim, or myself a hater, btw. Because someone will swoop in with that nonsense. The guy is a disappointment. When we drafted him he was evaluated as a pass game weapon. But he has not done much to develop or push for a role in this offense even as a pass game weapon.

Also the guy may go on to flip that around, who knows. Thing is it probably won't be with us. And nobody bats a thousand but if we're gonna discuss his merits for that pick value we invested it's a miss.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
What matters most in this league is winning. And winning the Super Bowl is the highest form of that. But Hopkins contributing to the win does not change the fact he's a bust. Fourth round pick who cannot dress for the game on many weekends where our TE group has been destitute. I mean c'mon.

And saying that doesn't make him a victim, or myself a hater, btw. Because someone will swoop in with that nonsense. The guy is a disappointment. When we drafted him he was evaluated as a pass game weapon. But he has not done much to develop or push for a role in this offense even as a pass game weapon.

Also the guy may go on to flip that around, who knows. Thing is it probably won't be with us. And nobody bats a thousand but if we're gonna discuss his merits for that pick value we invested it's a miss.
Second time I’ve seen you refer to other posters presenting players as “victims” if those players (or coaches) are criticized.

What gives?

Because I don’t see any of that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Second time I’ve seen you refer to other posters presenting players as “victims” if those players (or coaches) are criticized.

What gives?

Because I don’t see any of that.
Fair. Projecting expectation based on tried and true strategies in this type of discussion is bad form. Let's pretend I didn't say that.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
the point that they are now tending to make better and better long term decisions. I believe both are true but I also believe that Rams are trending more toward the latter.
yeah it seemed that for a long time we mostly dafted players to replace draft pick we made 2 years before. then most of the new draft picks would be replaced 2 years later. now every now and then we would hit on a keeper but i think this most recent draft has 4or5 keepers in it. i certainly hope we keep it up because we have 3 main players getting older.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I get it.

For me, the success rate of a 4th round pick is so low that when that player had multiple key catches in a Super Bowl that led to scoring drives.....

I'm good with it. Don't really care what he did before or after. For me that's not a black and white thing he either. But the guy had, I believe, a 3rd down conversion in the Super Bowl where we saw Tyler Boyd have a wide open blatant drop.

It's only a handful of plays, but the league is littered with current and former players who did not make those plays, however simple they seem. And with those stakes?

I'm happy with the pick.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Sometimes two things can be true at the same time.