It appears not everyone is on the bandwagon...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Anonymous

AR, You don't have to buy into the "hype". I would like to get your opinion on which coach(es) were available other than JF.

joeybittick

Rookie
Angry Ram said:
JdashSTL said:
So what makes this situation different? Is it the fact that Fisher is a proven coach over that skill set of Spagnuolo? Perhaps.

Yeah I think that was a big deal here. Its fair to be skeptical about Fisher simply based on his W/L record but I still think its very impressive for a HC to be with one team as long as he did in this day and age. Theres reasons to be skeptical about the way this organization looks right now but I just cant look at it that way. I have to have the glass half-full approach. If Kroenke would have went the rookie HC route I would have supported it. With Fisher, theres less uncertainty, you can look at his teams from the past and know the type of team he wants to build. You know what the teams "identity" will be.

Other than that, what makes you feel better about the Rams now than you did three years ago?

The team is better, theres young talent to build around. This is not the mess Devaney and Spags inherited.

Maybe that's why I'm so skeptical of Fisher. I felt that Spags/Devaney took so much shit compared to Zygmunt/Linny that everyone (except the players) turned on them. I remember Mikell saying on twitter the day Spags got fired that it was a "long, sad day."

Anway, the thing w/ me is I'm not just buying the hype the media and Fisher himself have put out. Not yet, anyway. Hopefully I'll change my opinion as FA starts and the draft is over.

I can understand reserving judgement (or "not buying into the hype" yet). I think a "wait and see" approach is probably a smart one. But there is a difference between what you are saying and what the author of that article is saying.

It is a completely asinine premise he is building. He is saying that because other coaches have not had success and the Rams are playing home games in London then that means Jeff Fisher will not be a good HC of the Rams. You may think I am being sarcastic, but that is basically what the article boils down to imo.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
squeaky wheel said:
AR, You don't have to buy into the "hype". I would like to get your opinion on which coach(es) were available other than JF.

Never even wanted a "proven" guy. I wanted a cooridnator. Someone that the new GM and HC could grow w/ together, along w/ the QB. Teams like the Lions, Falcons, Ravens, Steelers, Cardinals (sans the QB), Texans, Packers Saints, and even some of the younger teams like the Panthers, Bucs, Broncos, etc. are all trying to do it that way.

Why coordidnator?

- Like above, can grow w/ the team a long time.

- No need to worry about possible sooner retirement...and then having to do this process again in 3-5 years.

- It's shown by those teams I mentioned that it can work and can be successful.

- I would've liked to see Mike Zimmer. If anything for the sake of the D, keeping the mostly same system it has the last few years.

joeybittick said:
Angry Ram said:
JdashSTL said:
So what makes this situation different? Is it the fact that Fisher is a proven coach over that skill set of Spagnuolo? Perhaps.

Yeah I think that was a big deal here. Its fair to be skeptical about Fisher simply based on his W/L record but I still think its very impressive for a HC to be with one team as long as he did in this day and age. Theres reasons to be skeptical about the way this organization looks right now but I just cant look at it that way. I have to have the glass half-full approach. If Kroenke would have went the rookie HC route I would have supported it. With Fisher, theres less uncertainty, you can look at his teams from the past and know the type of team he wants to build. You know what the teams "identity" will be.

Other than that, what makes you feel better about the Rams now than you did three years ago?

The team is better, theres young talent to build around. This is not the mess Devaney and Spags inherited.

Maybe that's why I'm so skeptical of Fisher. I felt that Spags/Devaney took so much shit compared to Zygmunt/Linny that everyone (except the players) turned on them. I remember Mikell saying on twitter the day Spags got fired that it was a "long, sad day."

Anway, the thing w/ me is I'm not just buying the hype the media and Fisher himself have put out. Not yet, anyway. Hopefully I'll change my opinion as FA starts and the draft is over.

I can understand reserving judgement (or "not buying into the hype" yet). I think a "wait and see" approach is probably a smart one. But there is a difference between what you are saying and what the author of that article is saying.

It is a completely asinine premise he is building. He is saying that because other coaches have not had success and the Rams are playing home games in London then that means Jeff Fisher will not be a good HC of the Rams. You may think I am being sarcastic, but that is basically what the article boils down to imo.

Wait and see is exactly what I'm doing. I'll admit me comparing Fisher to a slimy car salesman was too much. Just gotta deliver. I want him to deliver. I hope he builds on the talent Spags and Devaney brought in.

Read the article more carefully, and yeah I def. see a bunch of shit. And wow...that London statement was just stupid.

Anonymous

AR, I can only speak for myself but I didn't want to go the coordinator route again. Plus I'd been hoping since Martz the Rams could sign JF. This team will not resemble any previous St. Louis Rams team. It's going to be a work in progress and progress will be apparent. It's going to be a lot of fun.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I sure can respect that POV, but as I mentioned, cooridinators have, are, and will succeed w/ their teams.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
joeybittick said:
I will just say I personally expect more solid reasoning and less pandering from a member of the media...
:rofl: Why would you think THAT?

Man - no doubt.

And another thing... Here my Koolaide isn't even chilled yet and this guy is pissing in it. Fuck him and the horse he rode in on.