Isiah Pead highlights?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

i know some small sample size - but this is all i could find..was wondering if this is a future project for x? :bg:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wa4tXVc7MA[/youtube]

btw I am fine with this kid going in as #1 RB.

Really shows you how bad our blocking is

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, I was gonna do all 10 rushing attempts and all 10 kick returns, but saw that this was out there already. I think I'll just let Isaiah Pead blow everyone's doors off this year and then I'll do a recap vid of his 224 carries, 47 receptions, 17 TDs and ZERO kick returns -- next year.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
highlights? :lmao: I think clips are the word that should be used... I sure hope that his 7 muffed Kick Off returns are not included.

(Seriously I like what Pead showed in week 17 to end the season on a good not, but just saying....)

…..

Legend
You can color me skeptical on I Pead....although I'd be giddy if he got half of X's proposed stat line.

The reality is that the few times he got the rock, he wondered around with no clear destination in mind and eventually got beat out by a compensation 7th rounder.

Until I see something different than the above, in my mind he'll continue to be the enigma of last years draft class.

Its a harsh world over here in reality.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think if we get the kid out in SOME space, we may be surprised. He showed some flashes of what he is capable of in those clips. I also think if we blow a few holes open for him he is going to light it up. In all honesty - he may be the reason we DON'T go after Tavon. Guess we'll see. If we draft Tavon, I think that officially spells the end of the notion that Fish is a ground 'n pound kind of guy. Personally, I think Fish is an overwhelm your opponent any way you can kind of guy.

I think he knows his D is pretty stout with a couple holes. I look for him to take great zeal in fucking with people now that he has an opportunity to build an offense that will simply score points. Let teams play big news day on the FA front. I like our chances to bitch slap them with Fish at the helm. He just exudes "I wanna see what you got when you face us" kind of 'tude.

I realize this is about Pead, but I just think that part of the reason Pead was held back is more about Fish than Pead. We might find the same is true about BQ.

A55VA6

Legend
I will say this (Les Snead voice), Pead is really impressive in open space. As soon as he gets some blocking, he makes good moves.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I'm on board with X. I think Pead does breakout this year. What I like about him is he CAN break one to the house.
And I think he will. Just give him enough friggin touches.

A55VA6

Legend
bwdenverram said:
I'm on board with X. I think Pead does breakout this year. What I like about him is he CAN break one to the house.
And I think he will. Just give him enough friggin touches.
Agreed.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
A55VA6 said:
I will say this (Les Snead voice), Pead is really impressive in open space. As soon as he gets some blocking, he makes good moves.
He has good to above average vision. With a good line and with a little luck in the inju.... department, I think he will be great. L. McCoy is a good comparison.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO, Pead got better and better as the year went on. I expect big things from him in 2013 and I'm not as concerned as some others.

Early in the year and the pre-season, he was thinking too much, was too hesitant and was running E-W too much. He really seemed to get better at running downhill, hitting the hole quickly and running with authority as the year went on.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

when you splice all his touches into a 1 minute clip he looks pretty good. you can just tell that once he gets his confidence up to the nfl level he is gonna make alot of lbs look silly.

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
well atleast he averaged 5.0 ypc.

I think the kid has talent - and I saw him make some plays out of the backfield despite early penetration. I think he'll be much better with our new o-line, especially if can we get a stud like warmack or cooper in the draft. Give him some NFL blocking and let him do his thing. His play significantly improved as the year went one (he had a good game against seattle, which mind you was one of the top run defenses.. consider the defenses he was making moves against). Kid needs a shot - a full off season and training camp, i expect him to light it up. I think even Adam Schefter predicted him to be 2013's Break out player?

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
RamFan503 said:
I think if we get the kid out in SOME space, we may be surprised. He showed some flashes of what he is capable of in those clips. I also think if we blow a few holes open for him he is going to light it up. In all honesty - he may be the reason we DON'T go after Tavon. Guess we'll see. If we draft Tavon, I think that officially spells the end of the notion that Fish is a ground 'n pound kind of guy. Personally, I think Fish is an overwhelm your opponent any way you can kind of guy.

I think he knows his D is pretty stout with a couple holes. I look for him to take great zeal in freaking with people now that he has an opportunity to build an offense that will simply score points. Let teams play big news day on the FA front. I like our chances to bitch slap them with Fish at the helm. He just exudes "I wanna see what you got when you face us" kind of 'tude.

I realize this is about Pead, but I just think that part of the reason Pead was held back is more about Fish than Pead. We might find the same is true about BQ.

Fish got the ground and pound rep cause after McNair was forced out he never was givin a truley capable qb to work with so he did the best with what he had.

I look forward to seeing fish with a team that cares and supports the moves he wants to make.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
As far as pead I would like to think he will do better with the rookie jitters gone and a more stout oline to create holes

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
This year will be a big year for our RB - the awe of being in SJax's shadow won't be there this year, the boys are going to step up and rock the show - I for one am excited to see next year's stats :)

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I like the reference Dr. brought up earlier. I think Pead compares favorably to Shady McCoy. McCoy is a bit more explosive(his cuts are insane) but Pead may have more acceleration.

The only thing that worries me about Pead is his ball security. He has got to learn to hang onto the ball. That's what put him on the bench last year, not his ability.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
libertadrocks said:
The only thing that worries me about Pead is his ball security. He has got to learn to hang onto the ball. That's what put him on the bench last year, not his ability.

I would put that as my biggest concern too. (AND PROTECTION RESPONSIBILITIES)

Fact: he did not look good early last year. I used the comparison many times; he ran like a guy with a lit stick of dynamite in his hands. Just scattered and in panic.

But: with our new oline... give this guy a seam... and he can get the job done. I expect big things from I Pead and D Rich.

If the line is healthy we'll be fine.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Pead really has some good vision, especially between the tackles. I thought when they started using him to actually run up the gut, he looked good. He looked like he was ready to break out. I do think he can be a good back in this league.