Isiah Ferguson tears his ACL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Isiah Ferguson - WR - Rams
Rams undrafted rookie WR Isiah Ferguson has been diagnosed with a torn ACL and meniscus.

He'll likely be waived-injured by the Rams and head to I.R. Ferguson has the looks at 6'5/218 and tore up Arkansas-Pine Bluff's Pro Day with a 4.57 forty, 40-inch vertical, and 10-foot-7 broad jump. He opened some eyes at camp.

Source: Isiah Ferguson on Twitter
Aug 21 - 11:19 AM

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
That sucks. Won't make a difference for us honestly but it's a mountain for this guy to overcome. I hope he gets through this and gets back to football in tip-top shape.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
There's always 2016....big wr...wanted to see more....hoping for the best...I wanted Ferguson, just so his name may bring some peace to the area...

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I didn't see any way he was making the team anyway Although I spose he had an outside shot at the PS.

Sucks to lose anyone to injury - hope he recovers and comes back hungry.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The injury bug is just out of control lately. Half the battle in today's game is staying healthy.

Alan

Legend
This might be advantageous for him financially. It's not likely that he'll make another team much less have a career in the NFL. UDFAs are usually UDFAs for a good reason.

My memory isn't the best but I seem to remember an article about a player who was waived-injured that didn't receive any medical support once his initial surgery was completed so there's that.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The injury bug is just out of control lately. Half the battle in today's game is staying healthy.
They have to find a way to deal with knee injuries. ACLs need to eventually be a 2-3 week injury. With so much working out and stress on muscles, it's too easy to tear something. They need to find a way to work around it.

Alan

Legend
Ramrasta thinking the Grim Reaper is the real 12th man:
The injury bug is just out of control lately. Half the battle in today's game is staying healthy
I don't see that changing much until they start checking for PEDs in HS.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
They have to find a way to deal with knee injuries. ACLs need to eventually be a 2-3 week injury. With so much working out and stress on muscles, it's too easy to tear something. They need to find a way to work around it.

Or limit gym time so we don't end up with a league of the strongest men in the world. It's only going to lead to more injuries.

V3

Hall of Fame
I honestly think it's because they take it too easy in camp now. The next CBA they need to make TC a mix of how it was before and how it is now. Maybe it's all in my head but it sure seems like injuries are WAY up since the new CBA.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
As big as these players looked in person...I'm surprised there isn't MORE injuries....some of these dudes are freaks of nature....Benny Cunningham is just ridiculous...Tre Mason must snort whey protein....Kendricks...Saffold...dudes are so wide...

Ram65

Legend
Isiah Ferguson - WR - Rams
Rams undrafted rookie WR Isiah Ferguson has been diagnosed with a torn ACL and meniscus.

He'll likely be waived-injured by the Rams and head to I.R. Ferguson has the looks at 6'5/218 and tore up Arkansas-Pine Bluff's Pro Day with a 4.57 forty, 40-inch vertical, and 10-foot-7 broad jump. He opened some eyes at camp.

Source: Isiah Ferguson on Twitter
Aug 21 - 11:19 AM

He has great size, decent speed and great hops. He may work a little harder to get back into a camp. Hope he can give it another try.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Guys get bigger and stronger but the joints, tendons and ligaments don't as far as I know. Players just keep getting bigger and bigger over the decades. I wonder if there was ever a study done comparing injuries throughout the decades in the NFL. I would venture to say they've been getting worse as these guys get bigger.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Poor kid. Hope he heals well and gets another shot next year.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
This might be advantageous for him financially. It's not likely that he'll make another team much less have a career in the NFL. UDFAs are usually UDFAs for a good reason.

My memory isn't the best but I seem to remember an article about a player who was waived-injured that didn't receive any medical support once his initial surgery was completed so there's that.
Yeah, I don't know, I feel for the kid. He has to recover from the ACL, so I don't know if he's going to make out too well financially.

It's a bummer, because really, who doesn't want a 6'4" receiver?

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Well that sucks. Our average receiver height just went down by about 6 inches. He was a guy who stood out to me (At 6'5' he's hard to miss among a bunch of 5'9' ish dudes).

Alan

Legend
Zaphod thinking about Wall Street salaries:
Yeah, I don't know, I feel for the kid. He has to recover from the ACL, so I don't know if he's going to make out too well financially.

It's a bummer, because really, who doesn't want a 6'4" receiver?
Every team in the draft. I'm talking about this one of course. :LOL:

'Waived injured' means the team is releasing the player but the player is injured. The team is responsible to pay the player until his injury has healed. This is usually done by reaching an agreement for a specific amount of money, called an injury settlement. Other teams are allowed to pick up players on the waived injured list but they are forewarned that the player is not in condition to play. Sometimes, if a player on the waived injured list is not selected by another team, the team will retain the player and place him on its injured reserve list. So we're talking about approximately a years pay for a player who would probably have been cut after or before TC ended.

Minimum salary = $435,000/yr vs a couple more weeks of pay. It would take me, at the salary I made ($76,000/yr) before my AVM, about 6 years to make that much.

Last edited: