Isaiah Battle (Crystal Ball?)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Just curious on where (What Round) other Rams fans think Battle would be drafted in the 2016 Draft if he had not declared for the Supplemental Draft. Let's just assume he progressed at a normal pace and did NOT get in anymore trouble! Could he had been looking at getting drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round or is that way too high? Even though he is definitely a gamble for the Rams I do think he is worth the gamble with a 5th round pick! If, he stays out of trouble and reaches his potential then the Rams could be looking at a really good offensive line for years to come!

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I think 2nd round. He's just too athletically talented to not go high in the draft, even if he is raw. His waistbending is ridiculous though and I hope it can be fixed.

RamzFanz

Damnit
12 rounds I would bet.

Good feet, nice uppercut, keeps his left guard up. Keeps his center of balance after a punch.

Broadcasts his punches and needs to know when to go to his corner and though.

Isaiah-Battle-punch.gif

Last edited:

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
12 rounds. Good feet and a nice uppercut. Keeps his center of balance after a punch.

Needs to keep his hands up though and know when to go to his corner.

Isaiah-Battle-punch.gif

Well, It looks like he might be able to give Foles some good protection! Foles's personal Bodyguard!

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Well I like the idea of red shirting him for a year and let coach Boo work w/ him for a year. Plus this training camp too is a major plus.. Get Fisher and Agnew in his ear to get him on the right path in life.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Well I like the idea of red shirting him for a year and let coach Boo work w/ him for a year. Plus this training camp too is a major plus.. Get Fisher and Agnew in his ear to get him on the right path in life.

If they can't conform him to societal norms, no one can. He's in the very best spot and with the best possible peers to have a future in the NFL.

nanotech

Rookie
Just curious on where (What Round) other Rams fans think Battle would be drafted in the 2016 Draft if he had not declared for the Supplemental Draft. Let's just assume he progressed at a normal pace and did NOT get in anymore trouble! Could he had been looking at getting drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round or is that way too high? Even though he is definitely a gamble for the Rams I do think he is worth the gamble with a 5th round pick! If, he stays out of trouble and reaches his potential then the Rams could be looking at a really good offensive line for years to come!
I misunderstood this thread. I thought he had crystal balls.
My bad

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
That right hand would make me pause... Reminds me too much of the temper of Richie Incognito...(And all of the stupid-ass penalties that went with it)...

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Is LeRoy Glover still with the team as a mentor?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think 2nd round. He's just too athletically talented to not go high in the draft, even if he is raw. His waistbending is ridiculous though and I hope it can be fixed.
Wasn't the waist bending the big knock on Tyler Lewan?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Wasn't the waist bending the big knock on Tyler Lewan?
Yeah, that was a problem for Lewan. Obviously teams think it can be fixed, and I'm not sure if it did with Lewan, but there's been a lot of OTs who haven't succeeded because of it. You want your tackles to bend at the knees.

I usually defer to other people on OL evaluations and technique though, so maybe I'm wrong.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Probably late round 2 or early round 3 due to the fact he'd end up playing next year with a lesser program somewhere if he did finish up college.

Personally I think he's gonna bust, but I still like the gamble because there is a chance he can be a LT in this league.

If any regime can grow this guy into a man it's the Rams though, so I got my fingers crossed.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
If they can't conform him to societal norms, no one can. He's in the very best spot and with the best possible peers to have a future in the NFL.

Give Jackie Slater this kids # ASAP

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
2nd rounder. And giving him a redshirt is perfect. no worries about starting this year and just helping him perfect his craft on the field and helping him grow off the field as well. Will be great depth and possible starter down the road if someone doesnt pan out.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Nate Solder got criticized for it too if I remember correctly.
MOST tall OL'men have the waist bend issue. It can be coached out for most. Some won't, but if they take to their coaching , it's not a real problem.... more laziness than anything

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
2nd maybe early 3rd round at this point it's a no lose situation if he fails he's cut and we move on.But if he can play to his potential he would be a steal and make the line better as a group.