Is This TOO Wacky to Happen??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
]A player for player trade is, almost by definition, going to weaken one position to strengthen another....unless of course, you're able to pull off a Broglio for Brock scenario.

The question is ....are you able to strengthen the one position more than you weaken the other. Or in this example, could the addition of a ProBowl Alternate quality OL help the Rams' O more than losing a ProBowl Alternate quality DE hurt the D.(?)

The whole idea was predicated around the Rams sticking with the #10 pick in Rd 1 and the players that might be available to them at the pick. When I look at the OL that might be available, Scherff is the only OL I see consistently mocked as a top 10 suspect this year. By contrast, there are at least 3 DE's that are consistently mocked at that level...Fowler, Gregory, and Ray...and maybe Beasley if you think he can be a DE rather than LB in the NFL.

So, IF the Rams could acquire a ProBowl Alternate quality OL via trade AND one of those DE's with the #10 pick in the draft, could they be better off overall.(?) IMO, it's at least possible.

Of course, if none of those DE's mocked in the top 10 would fit the Rams' scheme on D, then the whole idea becomes a lot more questionable.

There's no question there are risks involved here. CL is a known quantity and a good player to have on the team. I certainly wouldn't trade him for 'any old' OL. But neither is he Reggie White or Deacon Jones, and is expendable if the right deal comes along.[/QUOTE]

What are you going to give for those players ?? Gregory is over rated & would not fit in a 4-3 defense..
Chris Long is not a great player & The Rams will need to find his replacement.His contract is pretty steep & would of course get rid of him for the right price.
I just saw how much he meant to this team.I watched the Cowboys game again which makes me mad again.
1. Eugene Simms is really underrated & made 2 huge play which he got called for penalties which were wrong calls..
2.Robert Quinn takes bad angles & opens up holes.He does not do a good job of reading plays that help the defense.--I'm sure he correct a couple of those mistakes which added to The Rams losing .
--Crazy thing was Roger Saffold & Jake Long really looked good.Scott Wells did until his snap fumble(horrible),Barksdale was covered up with Stacy & Harkley.Joesph was a little weak.
Greg Robinson was still sitting the bench.The Rams had a good offensive line at that point of the season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
'top 10 my butt' isn't an argument. and using sack statistics to rank defensive lineman is an ameteur way to grade football players.
Like I said Robert Quinn & Donald where what in the first couple weeks last season ??
Chris Long plays the run & pass as good as most in The NFL.
Ogletree & Quinn both Minnesota games highlights were chasing #28...
Vikings team is going to be good this year.Teddy at times was the best rookie QB in 2014,David Carr as well.
Griffin from USC was a steal & pound for pound will be as good as The Rams DE's.
There FS from ND is a stud.
Losing at home opening 2014 was inexcusable.Getting beat by 20plus ?? At least at some point.