Is This Possible?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
What if the Rams drafted Clowney at 2, and then traded up to draft Sammy Watkins. How much would we have to give away? I'm assuming if we did do this we'd have to get to #5. Just thinking about this for fun, not necessarily recommending or hoping it happens but how insane would that be? haha.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i'd do it if we can address o line in free agency

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I think we would probably have to give up at least a 2nd and 3rd maybe a 2nd and 1st next year. I for one would love to have both these guys in horns but as deep as this draft is that would be a pretty stupid move IMO unless we go crazy in FA and get a couple of good Olineman and a CB and Saftey.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think we have three new threads discussing this.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What if the Rams drafted Clowney at 2, and then traded up to draft Sammy Watkins. How much would we have to give away? I'm assuming if we did do this we'd have to get to #5. Just thinking about this for fun, not necessarily recommending or hoping it happens but how insane would that be? haha.

Vag we know with Snead pulling the levers it's so hard to guess. He might make a trade to move down then another to move way up. If they have two guys targeted he's going to figure out the slots he needs to be in and make moves as needed IMO.

Remember his motto on attacking the draft is "don't be afraid".

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think we have three new threads discussing this.
There's threads about trading up and down, but I haven't seen any specifically talking Clowney and Watkins both being drafted by the Rams.. make me aware if there is one.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
As much as I want Watkins, I wouldn't do it.

I just assume sit tight and take the best player at 13, either a tackle or DB...if Fisher and Snead want another WR there are a lot of potentially good ones in this draft. I want Watkins more because I think he is special more than because I think we "need" a WR, but we all know you can get special players at different points in the draft...a lot of it is luck.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
No if you want Watkins you take him @ #1.2 you do not trade back up this year giving up all your second day draft picks & more.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
There's threads about trading up and down, but I haven't seen any specifically talking Clowney and Watkins both being drafted by the Rams.. make me aware if there is one.
Its all good bro. Tis the season for multiple insane draft/trade threads. Lol

laramsoriginal

Starter
Would hate the Clowney pick at #2.

For instance if the rams trade down with Atlanta or Minnesota then if Clowney slides to those picks then I would not mind taking him at 6th or 8th overall. Not #2.

What if the rams trade down from #2 to #5 (raiders) and get a 2nd round pick.
Then trade up from 13 to 8th giving up a 2nd rounder.

Rams would then have 5th and 8th selection to draft either Robinson or Mathews then draft Mike Evans 8th. That would be awesome. With the 2nd round pick select a CB or S.

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Its all good bro. Tis the season for multiple insane draft/trade threads. Lol
Haha yeah man, the draft is too far away!

For instance if the rams trade down with Atlanta or Minnesota then if Clowney slides to those picks then I would not mind taking him at 6th or 8th overall. Not #2.

Rams would then have 5th and 8th selection to draft either Robinson or Mathews then draft Mike Evans 8th. That would be awesome. With the 2nd round pick select a CB or S.
Lots and lots of options. I'm excited to see what happens.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
As long as wea re trading down or both ways in the draft IMO Snead and Fisher can argue they are building still,but when you trade up after all we've done, it's a "finishing" move IMO and then you're asking to be questioned if things don't materialize.
IMO we need to trade down this year get up to 5 picks in the first two rounds and have "that draft" where you hit on six or more players to keep you going after Chris Long, Jake Long and James Lauranitis are gone clearing massive cap space,IMO this coming year are those guys last with us. But I still don't want Clowney

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

If we trade with ATL I can't see them taking anyone but Clowney at 2. I don't see him being around at 6 in this scenario. Who else are you thinking ATL moves up to 2 to draft?

laramsoriginal

Starter
If we trade with ATL I can't see them taking anyone but Clowney at 2. I don't see him being around at 6 in this scenario. Who else are you thinking ATL moves up to 2 to draft?

They need help on the OL and WR. So if Atlanta moves up and takes Robinson/Sammy then Mathews will be available at #6. Rams then could take one of the two OT's mentioned above.

Like a poster mentioned above, I dont see MLB James staying with the rams considering his cap hit in 2015.
So if Rams do select at #6 then can draft Mathews then trade 13th pick down to the late teens for an additional 2nd rounder. Then draft LB Mosley. With the 3 second round picks rams can address the S, CB, DT positions.

OL Mathews
ILB/OLB Mosley
S
CB
DT

Finnegan will most likely be back at a lower price. I believe the rams will pay Saffold big bucks. He deserves It I believe, his versatility is unique.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I think ATL is set at WR Roddy White still has a few years left in him and they have Julio Jones and harry douglas for the slot. Now they do need help at TE since Gonzo is not coming back but there not gonna move up to two to draft a TE. I also say if ATL moves up its only for clowny. they can get one of the top Olineman at 6 if thats what they want.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
As long as wea re trading down or both ways in the draft IMO Snead and Fisher can argue they are building still,but when you trade up after all we've done, it's a "finishing" move IMO and then you're asking to be questioned if things don't materialize.
IMO we need to trade down this year get up to 5 picks in the first two rounds and have "that draft" where you hit on six or more players to keep you going after Chris Long, Jake Long and James Lauranitis are gone clearing massive cap space,IMO this coming year are those guys last with us. But I still don't want Clowney

I hope Chris long is with us until he isn't productive. He's an excellent player and I would hate to see that void created at the end of next year.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
They need help on the OL and WR. So if Atlanta moves up and takes Robinson/Sammy then Mathews will be available at #6. Rams then could take one of the two OT's mentioned above.

Like a poster mentioned above, I dont see MLB James staying with the rams considering his cap hit in 2015.
So if Rams do select at #6 then can draft Mathews then trade 13th pick down to the late teens for an additional 2nd rounder. Then draft LB Mosley. With the 3 second round picks rams can address the S, CB, DT positions.

OL Mathews
ILB/OLB Mosley
S
CB
DT

Finnegan will most likely be back at a lower price. I believe the rams will pay Saffold big bucks. He deserves It I believe, his versatility is unique.
Thanks for clearing up your thoughts on that.

Last edited:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I hope Chris long is with us until he isn't productive. He's an excellent player and I would hate to see that void created at the end of next year.
Yeah but , those three guys can't keep getting that money and eating the cap they's almost a 1/4 of it now add Sam and a third of your cap is on 4 players only one of which is a SKILL position .