Is this legit? Raiders to Las Vegas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Funny. :cheers:
Funny?
200.gif

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
Sin City Raiders sounds cooler, but I doubt the NFL lets them wear that label.
At least not officially, anyway.

I like that! Sin City Raiders would be a really awesome name.

Hey @tavian - based on what exactly.
How much personal knowledge/ experience do you have of Vegas or the Raiders.

Stupid freaking post.

May have overreacted a bit

No more than anywhere else.
Just more up front about it.

No, they're not, they just dress funny.

But yes, I DO think Sin City and the Raiders are a match made in heaven...(or maybe somewhere else)...and hope it happens.

Why would you question what knowledge he has of either? He can have an opinion just as you can, if you think it's a match made in heaven as you said, (which is what he said at the beginning and you called it a stupid post) then what's the big deal?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
It wasn't a big deal. I took it wrong and replied knee-jerk style. My bad.

fearsomefour

Legend
I would surprised if this did not happen.
A lot of momentum for this in Nevada.
Owners have to approve it, but, money speaks.
Really sucks for the loyal and great fans in the East Bay.
Las Vegas Raiders of the East Bay.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Vegas is one of the few places that the Raiders would actually fit.
Las Vegas Raiders has a nice ring to it.The atmosphere matches.
AS LONG AS THEY DON'T COME BACK TO L.A. and the Rams don't have to share a Stadium with them I'm Cool with it!:D But it's too bad they couldn't stay in Oakland!(y)

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are no dumb questions.

When I used to teach philosophy classes in college, I would tell my students at the beginning of the semester "There are no dumb questions. Unless you ask one I had answered a minute or two before while you were dozing in the back of the class. Then I will mock you mercilessly."

I don't think I was cut out for teaching.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Having a lil experience in franchises moving.....

Until I see it....won't happen.

Raiders belong in Oakland...build a freaking stadium NFL

Chargers belong in Diego....Build the damn stadium NFL

Vegas needs an expansion team in 10 years....So does St. Louis..

Make it happen NFL....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OOF! That was quick! The Chargers are looking to upgrade their stadium home however we can..We will begin talks with the Oakland Coliseum within the week.
~Dean Spanos

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, isn't the NHL team an expansion team?
yes, however, no other nhl expansion team has been given anything near that. guaranteed lottery pick for 5 years, regardless of where they finish. seriously?? and they come in by themselves so when they pick players off of other teams' roster, they dont lose players to the other team. the NHL doesnt like when one conference has more teams than the other...................except when las vegas shows up. lots of backdoor deals going on here. i'll be curious to see if the next new franchise is treated with such white gloves.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
yes, however, no other nhl expansion team has been given anything near that. guaranteed lottery pick for 5 years, regardless of where they finish. seriously?? and they come in by themselves so when they pick players off of other teams' roster, they dont lose players to the other team. the NHL doesnt like when one conference has more teams than the other...................except when las vegas shows up. lots of backdoor deals going on here. i'll be curious to see if the next new franchise is treated with such white gloves.
Just curious, but when was the last time there was a true expansion team in the NHL? What kind of concessions did they get? I remember that in the NFL when they added Jacksonville and Carolina, they went overboard with concessions and both teams made the playoffs in their 2nd year IIRC. When Cleveland and Houston came in, they didn't get the same benefit

bluecoconuts

Legend

NHL conferences are already unbalanced, largely because Detroit whined about being in the west and the NHL folded. There's 16 in the East and 14 (now 15) in the West.. They'll look to add another team, my guess is Quebec City, but maybe Seattle.. If it is Quebec, then Columbus will likely move to the West.

In terms of Vegas, they're going to be picking a bunch of shit players in the expansion draft, so it's not like they're going to be that competitive for a while.

Just curious, but when was the last time there was a true expansion team in the NHL? What kind of concessions did they get? I remember that in the NFL when they added Jacksonville and Carolina, they went overboard with concessions and both teams made the playoffs in their 2nd year IIRC. When Cleveland and Houston came in, they didn't get the same benefit

2000, there weren't really much in terms of concessions as far as I can remember.