Is This Denver Team Good Enough To Beat Sea Or Sf If They Win Afc?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't know?

Defensively, they appear okay, not great. Neither SF or SEA have strong offenses... So, they should keep the game in reach.

Offensively they are good, but a little pass-gimmicky. A good defense would seem to slow that down.

Manning is great, but his passes hang a little more these days... Seattle could present some challenges.

They need to be better than they were against San Diego. They let SD hang around.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
If Denver makes it they will have to get the early lead. If they get down I can see the NFC team shoving it down their throat on the ground.

RFIP

Not in bad weather and especially against Seattle's secondary. And Peyton IS going to get hit and hit hard agaainst either team but in bad weather I think Seattle is the worse math up for Peyton.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
What i find interesting is the QB's in the AFC vs the AFC QB's.
Manning/Brady and Kaepernik/Wilson.

I've felt for weeks that Seattle was going to win the SB,but i'm not so sure anymore. I think i like whatever team comes out of the AFC simply because of the QB's.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
To answer your question CGI...yes. IMO.
I don't think either NFC QB can make enough plays if shit doesn't go right in the ground game.
Brady/Manning can take over games.

Ram_of_Old

Yes, they are. Any team that has Manning as a QB can beat any other team. He is the best to even stand behind center.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
NO! Denver will get overpowered by either team. They better pray SF wins because Denver will have a much tougher time with that that tough Seattle secondary. I strongly beleive Seattle will go all the way.

NE could win it AFC, but I think they'd get hammered even worse than Denver.

iced

NO! Denver will get overpowered by either team. They better pray SF wins because Denver will have a much tougher time with that that tough Seattle secondary. I strongly beleive Seattle will go all the way.

NE could win it AFC, but I think they'd get hammered even worse than Denver.

that secondary would get exposed vs peyton with the way the run defense has been for seattle... peyton would just run it then play action fake

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
that secondary would get exposed vs peyton with the way the run defense has been for seattle... peyton would just run it then play action fake

Denver would be very one demensionsal. They will not run worth a crap against either team. Therefore, Seattle (my pick... not that I'm happy about it) can play a bend but no break style of defense that will stifle Denver in the Red Zone. Eventually Seattle would wear them out physically.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
It's interesting to me how so many on here think the highest scoring team in the history of football doesn't stand a chance. Powered by arguably the greatest QB the league has ever seen. Not to mention the best statistical season ever. If the Bronco's defense plays like it did today against the Chargers I would argue that the only team that can beat Denver is them beating themselves. Just like the first game against NE. Did anyone actually watch the Seattle game. Without their defense they looked average. Hell, even WE had a chance to beat Seattle twice..

bluecoconuts

Legend
Honestly, as much as I hate to say it, I think the Pats are our only chance to keep either SF or Seattle from winning. Brady and the Pats are either the most winningest, or close to it, bunch in the history of football when the temperature drops and the conditions get shitty. Manning however has been pretty bad when conditions aren't ideal. Seattle and SF both have the run game to enjoy a cold game with crap weather, in fact they would both rather it that way, take the game out of the hands of their QB's. So you're going to need a passing offense that isn't afraid to throw it and put the pressure on despite the weather. New England is the most likely team to do this.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
It's interesting to me how so many on here think the highest scoring team in the history of football doesn't stand a chance. Powered by arguably the greatest QB the league has ever seen. Not to mention the best statistical season ever. If the Bronco's defense plays like it did today against the Chargers I would argue that the only team that can beat Denver is them beating themselves. Just like the first game against NE. Did anyone actually watch the Seattle game. Without their defense they looked average. Hell, even WE had a chance to beat Seattle twice..
Crazy isn't it, teams we went 2-1-1 with last year can't be beaten by Denver people watch too much TV

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Honestly, as much as I hate to say it, I think the Pats are our only chance to keep either SF or Seattle from winning. Brady and the Pats are either the most winningest, or close to it, bunch in the history of football when the temperature drops and the conditions get shitty. Manning however has been pretty bad when conditions aren't ideal. Seattle and SF both have the run game to enjoy a cold game with crap weather, in fact they would both rather it that way, take the game out of the hands of their QB's. So you're going to need a passing offense that isn't afraid to throw it and put the pressure on despite the weather. New England is the most likely team to do this.
Agreed Blue. Excellent take.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I think we're forgetting the absence of the HFA. Without the 12th man, Seattle's offense will struggle more than it does at the Clink. Without the 12th man, will their defense still be allowed to hold on almost every pass play? Both teams will have 2 weeks to prepare. My money would be on Manning's prep over most defenses, even one with an advantage similar to what the Patriots used to do when they were winning SBs.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
No. Denver didn't look great today, and their defense was soft as I thought they would be. Their secondary is terrible with aging CBs (Bailey & Jammer) & DRC & suspect safety play. And they generate little pass rush w/o Miller. Their O can be shut down.

New England has a chance to beat SF or SEA though. No great threats on O, not a great D. But they do play as a TEAM, though I hate to say it. As much as I hate NE for the SB loss, I'd rather see them win the SB than SEA or SF. Denver wouldn't have a chance vs SEA/SF

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Though the axiom of "Any given Sunday" is very true in this league, I'd have to say NO. There is no way either of these teams loses to the AFC in the SB. And that disgusts me to even think it. I am stuck with one of those two teams winning the SB? Fucking sucks. There are four teams still playing and I absolutely revile three of them. No Superbowl for me unless Denver happens to be kicking ass. I couldn't care less about Denver but if they are about to beat the others? I'm in. It'd be like the Giants punking the patsies.

iced

Denver would be very one demensionsal. They will not run worth a crap against either team. Therefore, Seattle (my pick... not that I'm happy about it) can play a bend but no break style of defense that will stifle Denver in the Red Zone. Eventually Seattle would wear them out physically.

please...

seattle has not been great against the run the past 6 weeks..peyton will take advantage against that secondary - plus since denver has so much hype and good players on offense, the refs might actually call seadderall on their bs antics

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
please...

seattle has not been great against the run the past 6 weeks..peyton will take advantage against that secondary - plus since denver has so much hype and good players on offense, the refs might actually call seadderall on their bs antics

I'm gonna argue in favor of Seattle... we'll just see.