Is there any player you'd give a quick one up top the head?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I think at some point there's a player we've all wanted to slap on the head and be like, "Are you serious bro?" I'm curious to what my fellow Rams bros think, so I thought I'd ask.

I'll start. If the accounts of his laziness and lack of motivation are true, I'd definitely pop Jared Cook one, way too much talent and skill in a place where people would commit murder to get to to be giving up on routes and lackadaisically blocking. I'll never understand guys who are so gifted who just don't care.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What does he care. He got his money. We all thought it was the titan's qbs that were the problem but we know better now. I hope he saves it well because he won't be getting any big paydays again.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
No debate here , I watched him avoid contact when he was supposed to block repeatedly, it's time for Clemens to get in his grill in public

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

What does he care. He got his money. We all thought it was the titan's qbs that were the problem but we know better now. I hope he saves it well because he won't be getting any big paydays again.

Sorta reminds me of another ex Titan receiver the Rams purchased named Drew Bennett ...as I am on a roll might as well throw in another ex Titan named Cortland Finnegan who says all the right things to the press & to the fans ....then goes and lays another rotten egg in performance on the field where it counts.....hey but he has been injured since December of 2012....

Back to Cook that 5 yr 35 million contract with16 million of Guaranteed money a signing bonus of 5 million and an averge of 7 million a yr until 2018??? at this point would cause a Ram fan to sing the blues a bit. Meanwhile Kendricks & Harkey out play him on the field with their assignments.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Cook wasn't signed to be a blocking TE, and I'm not certain he was ever very good at it, but he is getting better if anyone is compelled to take one game as my sample size. It's also his first year in an entirely different scheme.

And yes, I know that his contract suggests that he should come in and immediately produce, but I'm guessing that he's still trying to get settled in with the offense, and now with his changing role. IMO, we should reevaluate this at season's end and see if the investment was a wise one.

/apologetic defense.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Cook wasn't signed to be a blocking TE, and I'm not certain he was ever very good at it, but he is getting better if anyone is compelled to take one game as my sample size. It's also his first year in an entirely different scheme.

And yes, I know that his contract suggests that he should come in and immediately produce, but I'm guessing that he's still trying to get settled in with the offense, and now with his changing role. IMO, we should reevaluate this at season's end and see if the investment was a wise one.

/apologetic defense.
Don't know if our current qb situation will allowhim to prove his worth. Sure has been a disappointment thus far. Hoped for lots more than we've seen!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Don't know if our current qb situation will allowhim to prove his worth. Sure has been a disappointment thus far. Hoped for lots more than we've seen!
Hard to argue with that...

Thordaddy

Name
Rich

/apologetic defense.

Admittedly he wasn't signed for his blocking prowess, but I've seen him repeatedly avoid copntact,on one play Mon. Night a LB was crashing down the LOS Cook torroed him and he made a tackle for no gain.
Then the Bruce Irvin interception Fisher flat out SAID Cook "quit on the route " and WHAT a Valiant effort he put forth to tackle Irvin once the int had happened:rolleyes:.

This whole team played their hearts out Monday EXCEPT HIM IMO . And FWIW that's two plays if he had been would neither be a complaint and as tight as that game was, we could easily have won.

Sure we're gonna look at this again at the end of the season , but SO FAR he's a HUGE disappointment and isn't playing up to his contract in no small part because of sub standard EFFORT.

V3

Hall of Fame
Sorta reminds me of another ex Titan receiver the Rams purchased named Drew Bennett ...as I am on a roll might as well throw in another ex Titan named Cortland Finnegan who says all the right things to the press & to the fans ....then goes and lays another rotten egg in performance on the field where it counts.....hey but he has been injured since December of 2012....

Back to Cook that 5 yr 35 million contract with16 million of Guaranteed money a signing bonus of 5 million and an averge of 7 million a yr until 2018??? at this point would cause a Ram fan to sing the blues a bit. Meanwhile Kendricks & Harkey out play him on the field with their assignments.

Note to self: NEVER go after Titans FA's.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
AND MAY I reiterate, blocking is 2% skill,98% attitude

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
RE: Cook

Meh.

It's 8 games and we're passing judgement? Only 7 games with our starting QB. It's a new offense for Cook too!

Yeah, he's tied for 5th highest paid TE. He'd be 23rd if designated as a WR.

I'm comfortable with $7M per year right now. Let's back off and judge his body of work.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

/apologetic defense.

I think thats what hurts the most, he DID come in and IMMEDIATELY produce. Who wudda thought he'd only have 22 catches for 230 yards in the 7 games after that opening game.

I agree though, he has been better lately

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hadn't meant for this to end up a Cook debate.

I honestly expected a lot of Steve Smiths, Richard Shermans and Golden Tates.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I hadn't meant for this to end up a Cook debate.

I honestly expected a lot of Steve Smiths, Richard Shermans and Golden Tates.
You should have made the thread title, "Is there any player you'd like to send to an emergency dentist?"

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You should have made the thread title, "Is there any player you'd like to send to an emergency dentist?"
:heh:

More like a last minute lobotomist.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I actually thought Cook has been pretty good in the pass game.

I'd head bonk Finnegan.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I'd like to see someone slap Bates the next time he commits a special teams penalty.

LLittle12

UDFA
Oh.. if we can go for other players I am taking Brooks from the Niners. That guy is as dirty as they get and comes offsides all the time without being called 70% of the time.