Is the rebuild over now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
PrometheusFaulk said:
Teams are always rising and falling in the NFL.

We haven't done much rising since 2003!

:razzed:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
PrometheusFaulk said:
In a way, it's just semantics, after all whether a team is "rebuilding" or not, teams usually draft about the same amount of guys, have the same to spend in FA, have guys get old, injured, etc. Teams are always rising and falling in the NFL.

This post sums up my thoughts. You're going to see players get released every year, as well as draft picks and the occasional FA signing, but the vast majority of roster turnover, I think, has been finished.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:
I never figured this would turn contentious, and it wasn't my objective to see it if would or not.

Well if there isn't going to be a big fat never ending fight about the Rams actually putting it all back together again then......what's the point?

Mebbe this boards not fer me....... :what:

Hehehehe.....interesting that this topic didn't turn into something that would fit into a scene from Clockwork Orange.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I would say its not til we use both 1st round picks after the big trade. Then we will have all our holes filled.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
HE WITH HORNS said:
I would say its not til we use both 1st round picks after the big trade. Then we will have all our holes filled.
Yeah, eventually you reach the point where you're entering into normal roster turnover from year to year. That's when you have a fairly solid 'core group' of players that you can continue to build around. Depending on how this year goes (with the guys we signed/drafted), I'd say we'll be there by the end of the year.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
HE WITH HORNS said:
Yeah, eventually you reach the point where you're entering into normal roster turnover from year to year. That's when you have a fairly solid 'core group' of players that you can continue to build around. Depending on how this year goes (with the guys we signed/drafted), I'd say we'll be there by the end of the year.
True ,all true, but like some have said it won't be over until we've proven what was built was worthy, and lik HWH said more succinctly than I, Fishers first draft from year one is still not completed so until that's done , there are parts of the blueprint left to complete.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I sure would not make that assumption, I feel it would be a big mistake. I consider that far premature when considering this present Ram team.

So many of the 2012 & 2013 draft cadre has shown & accomplished very little thus far. Its my opinion that what progress I have seen is due to Fisher & his assembled coaches work that put together what was this Ram team was early in 2012, before the Snead Fisher first draft.

I still use the word foundational building project often & would argue the same @ this moment in time. I may let off some when this Ram teams produces a winning season then moves onto making its way farther into the playoff contention. I remind myself daily that its been a decade since this Ram team produced a winning season! That 2003 Ram team was lucky to be running on just the fumes of the GSOT in the twilight of its time. That great Ram team only lasted five yrs before the mighty walls crumbled down to its very foundation. :huhidk:

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
I think we are close to Rebuilding our roster. For me, rebuilding starts from the inside trenches to the outer positions is a good foundation to start. Meaning our guys in the trenches....Our D-Line is already there. Our O-line is almost there if we can solidify our LG situation, and see what Saffold will do at the end of the year.

nighttrain

Legend
CGI_Ram said:
The house has been torn down.

The new structure is up.

Floors are in. Walls are painted.

But we haven't fully decorated yet and the house hasn't settled.

I think we have way too much youth to believe we'll be at our best in 2013. We might make a playoff run... and who knows how far we could go. I'm willing to dream big... but give this team a little seasoning plus the 2014 draft and we're in serious business.
+1 CGI, with you and others, the heavy work is done. Now like with all things, there are adjustments, some minor(I hope & think) & some major, but major would take injuries to the backbone of this team.
train