Is Steven Jackson next?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Now that the Rams have signed James Laurinaitis to an extension (which is great news!) will they start working on an extension with Jackson or will they wait for the offseason to begin negotiations or will they wait even longer? Of course, I guess there is always that possibility that Jackson could eventually leave as a free agent or be traded (personally, I hope he retires as a Ram!).

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'd bet they do that in the offseason, there's no rush with Jackson he's got a few years left on his contract.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Any idea on how long Steven Jackson's current contract goes through? For some reason I thought it was at the end of next season but I am glad I am wrong!

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
paceram said:
Any idea on how long Steven Jackson's current contract goes through? For some reason I thought it was at the end of next season but I am glad I am wrong!
Through 2013.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Thanks for the information! It will be interesting to see how the Rams deal with Jackson!

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
SJ is my favorite Ram. I want him to be a Ram for life.

I think the FO should start talking numbers with him and his agent, but IMO it would be unwise to get anything done before this upcoming offseason. The physical degradation of RBs his age is just so prominent. I dont think SJ will fall off a cliff like the other guys, but the odds are against him.

DannyA maybe next.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think it would be a class move to make SJ a lifer. He has been a warrior even through these awful years with no real support. I realize it is a business - yadda yadda yadda. I just sure hope that the two sides can come together on a deal that would have SJ retire as a Ram.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
RamFan503 said:
I think it would be a class move to make SJ a lifer. He has been a warrior even through these awful years with no real support. I realize it is a business - yadda yadda yadda. I just sure hope that the two sides can come together on a deal that would have SJ retire as a Ram.

Getting rookie salaries under control SHOULD help teams keep iconic players like SJ ,so I rate the chances much better than they were for keeping Bruce and Ike.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
RamFan503 said:
I couldn't agree with you more, Bro. To do what SJ has done behind horrible O lines is nothing short of incredible. Not only that but the fact that he keeps himself in unbelievable condition, he should get at least a five year deal and retire a Ram whenever HE decides.

GO RAMS!!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Cullen Bryant said:
I Agree, would hate to see Jackson wearing another uniform.
And you just KNOW which uniform it would be too.

That freakin' Bill Bellyfat likes to pick up aging stars and give them one last hurrah.

paceram

Pro Bowler
It would be a nightmare seeing Jackson in a Patriot uniform! The only site worse (in my opinion!) would be seeing him in a San Francisco uniform!

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
Cullen Bryant said:
I Agree, would hate to see Jackson wearing another uniform.
And you just KNOW which uniform it would be too.

That freakin' Bill Bellyfat likes to pick up aging stars and give them one last hurrah.

Don't even say things like that.

1285034705737.jpg

Iron Lion

Starter
Isn't the writing on the wall... two RBs drafted this year. Even Richardson the 7th rounder looks quite talented.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Iron Lion said:
Isn't the writing on the wall... two RBs drafted this year. Even Richardson the 7th rounder looks quite talented.
Well, the writing's always on the wall with RB's over 28 years old, but Richardson and Pead could serve to extend Jackson's career a bit longer, so he's got that going for him. Which is good. That said, you know, Jackson is probably the most physically fit RB in the world, and he's such a freaking beast that I can't see the Rams making a move away from him just to do it. Too much of an asset.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
A side note - Jackson's alma mater beat #13 Wisconsin today. Woot! Go Beaver Nation!