Is Stefen Wisniewski still available?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
Well then I believe in him. If Quick gets 3 years to show what he's got then so should Jones. We didn't draft him for no reason.
The difference between the two is that if one[Quick] fails to do his job, he won't get the QB killed. If Jones doesn't look good enough, then don't play him. They shouldn't play him just because they picked him in the draft.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
The difference between the two is that if one[Quick] fails to do his job, he won't get the QB killed. If Jones doesn't look good enough, then don't play him. They shouldn't play him just because they picked him in the draft.
Yeah, but he HAS to be better then Wells at least. And he's cheap. Let's develope him.

V3

Hall of Fame
Yeah, but he HAS to be better then Wells at least. And he's cheap. Let's develope him.
If he's better than Wells, why wasn't he playing at least at the end of the year last season? That's what I want to know. What's changed to make him starter worthy? When he couldn't beat out Wells last year(even at the end), that spoke volumes IMO. I sure hope he'll be a good starter but I've lost a lot of faith in that happening.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This guys situation is an odd one - he takes a free agent visit or two and then its just crickets. I wonder if there is something medical or if his people just decided to put things on hold for now and see how the market develops.

On Stefon Wisniewski .....Maybe he is not a team player or maybe his personality just sucks or maybe he thinks he is better than he really is ......I have no ideal...what it is?:unsure:

If he's better than Wells, why wasn't he playing at least at the end of the year last season? That's what I want to know. What's changed to make him starter worthy? When he couldn't beat out Wells last year(even at the end), that spoke volumes IMO. I sure hope he'll be a good starter but I've lost a lot of faith in that happening.

On your Barrett Jones questions V3....It could be that back injury & following surgery. The doctors could have recommended that Jones could be used sparingly & part time use but no full out full starting duty so early on his surgically repaired back would not be recommended.

Remember Bou had his main back up center Barnes fighting through two shoulder injuries & he has lost Rhaney to injury & the IR plus he had the on going Barrett Jones health issues could all point best to Rams original decision just ride the old vet into the sunset who may have been the healthiest of the four Ram centers. Which may point to the critical situation that was ongoing with the 2014 OL.

I just need to recall this about the Rams OL in 2014:
#1-Fisher discovered way too late that Davin Joseph signing was one big MISTAKE @ ORG! & he was falling apart right in front of their eyes in full total fail mode. Forced raw rookie Greg Robinson early into starting OLG.
#2-During wk 6 Ram lost 6th OL'er & top center back up Tim Barnes to a shoulder injury for several weeks & remained hampered.
#3- Only got 6 completed games out of the most important OL post @ OLT with Jake Long before his injury. Thus forcing rookie Robinson to shift from starting OLG post into starting OLT duty in the KC game. Welcome to the NFL for the 21 yr old rookie!
#4-In wk 8 Center Scott Wells suffered a dislocated right elbow injury.
#5- Just about this same time ORT Joe Barksdale began his regression & was handing out gift sacks to the opponents defense. Add that Rams did not have another ORT on the roster.

Last edited:

lockdnram21

Legend
IMG_20150324_070535.jpg

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I think there must be something up with SW - if he's as great as what they're saying, he wouldn't have been dropped by the Raiders, and he would have been picked up already - I think we need to stay clear of him, his Pass protection isn't better than what we had last year anyhow. I suggest we start Jones, if we can pick up a FA vet to back up then great, but as it stands its looking like out first 3 draft picks are going to have to be o-linemen

lockdnram21

Legend
you know fisher is loyal to his vets. Fisher said he liked the way jones played vs kc

lockdnram21

Legend
The Rams have no offensive line. They had $23 mil in cap space. They need to sign this guy and Barksdale and Blalock.
Either they want to win or they don't.
no they dont. maybe Blalock but Barksdale sucks in pass protectio and Wiz thinks hes worth more then he is

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
The problem with saying no way to SW or Blaylock is that there isn't much to say yes to. At the end of the day we still have to field 5 decent OL on every play. We currently have 1 and a guy who can be, should be, and hopefully will be good but was damn near the dead last rated LT last year. If he has the usual sophomore slump look out. So what do you go with? Scrubs that we know aren't very good? Rookies that we don't even know will be there when it's our turn to draft? Rely on players like Jones who up until now are, at the very best, unreliable?

I know building thru the draft is the proper way to assemble a line. But, our window is open as far as its going to get. SF and the Cards are in shambles. All our talented players from the RGIII bonanza are nearing the end of their contracts. Our new QB is in a contract year. If we ever want to stop "developing" and start winning we have got to get two of those lineman here, even if they aren't optimal. At least SW is young. If Boo can develop rookies he can whip him up too. And we know SW is at least competent. Barksdale is pretty good. Just bring them in, and draft the shit out of OL in the draft. I don't understand the rolling the dice mentality here. We managed to get a frequently fat and sometimes lazy DT in here on a prove it deal in a hurry but we're afraid of Blaylock and SW?

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
If he's better than Wells, why wasn't he playing at least at the end of the year last season? That's what I want to know. What's changed to make him starter worthy? When he couldn't beat out Wells last year(even at the end), that spoke volumes IMO.
Your first ?, why wasn't Keenum starting? Fisher is notorious for letting bad players continue to play while other players sit on the bench. Another example is Stacy not starting until the two staters were injured.
So Jones never really had a chance to beat Wells out because that's the way Fisher rolls, another example it tok 4-5 games before Donald was even made a starter.
The only thing that spoke and speaks volumes is Fisher and him not starting players who should be starting.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Why did the Rams not sign Iupati?
If you say anything about money dont bother posting.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@BonifayRam Wisniewski is a good guy. He was a team leader in college and well liked by coaches. He was willing to play wherever they wanted him to. He wants 4 mil coming off shoulder surgery. That is the sticking point.

I still contest that Barret Jones simply was not good enough to beat out Wells. If Fisher simply refused to play him or his doctors forbid it then Jones would have been a game day scratch each week. JT said recently that Jones still was not able to get as strong as the coaches want. Until I see him starting, I won't believe he can.

lockdnram21

Legend
The problem with saying no way to SW or Blaylock is that there isn't much to say yes to. At the end of the day we still have to field 5 decent OL on every play. We currently have 1 and a guy who can be, should be, and hopefully will be good but was damn near the dead last rated LT last year. If he has the usual sophomore slump look out. So what do you go with? Scrubs that we know aren't very good? Rookies that we don't even know will be there when it's our turn to draft? Rely on players like Jones who up until now are, at the very best, unreliable?

I know building thru the draft is the proper way to assemble a line. But, our window is open as far as its going to get. SF and the Cards are in shambles. All our talented players from the RGIII bonanza are nearing the end of their contracts. Our new QB is in a contract year. If we ever want to stop "developing" and start winning we have got to get two of those lineman here, even if they aren't optimal. At least SW is young. If Boo can develop rookies he can whip him up too. And we know SW is at least competent. Barksdale is pretty good. Just bring them in, and draft the crap out of OL in the draft. I don't understand the rolling the dice mentality here. We managed to get a frequently fat and sometimes lazy DT in here on a prove it deal in a hurry but we're afraid of Blaylock and SW?
I want no parts of Barksdale. He is really overrated by most rams fans from what I see, he's mediocre at best. Also from what I heard Wiz isn't that good in pass protection neither is Barksdale. Then u have Robinson who we don't know if he's improved . Ya trying to get Foles hurt