Is Shaun Hill Better Then Trent Dilfer?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

I dont know if I would necessarily call Hill better then Dilfer, But I certainly wouldn't call him worse.

If that dillhole can lead a team to a SB I dont see why Hill cant either.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I dont know if I would necessarily call Hill better then Dilfer, But I certainly wouldn't call him worse.

IMO, Hill is an all-pro compared to dilrod! (y)

Jwise1727

UDFA
A lot of people are underestimating Hill and the entire Rams team right now. With and WITHOUT Sam this is a talented team. This year will still be exciting no doubt.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Dilfer had one of the strongest arms ever ,so he couldn't have been very good or he'd be HOF

RamzFanz

Damnit
You know, I don't want to compare to GSOT in any way, but it's the same feeling when we lost Green. People are texting me that the season is over for the Rams but this time I'm thinking...

Muuuuahahahahaha

we+_2401c27c8c53f6abe83c2157c6e10cd6.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yes. Better than Dilfer.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dilfer had one of the strongest arms ever ,so he couldn't have been very good or he'd be HOF

Lets look at another guy who didnt have the strongest of arms but collected a few rings... Phil Simms.

I would think that Hill can at LEAST play on the level of a Phil Simms

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will

If the Rams defense can duplicate the 2000 Ravens defense than sure Hill can lead us to a SB.

Defensive legacy[edit]
The Ravens defense in 2000 is often named among the greatest NFL defenses of all time. A 2007 ESPN Page 2 list ranked the 2000 Ravens defense at #3 in NFL history.[1] Baltimore gave up only 970 rushing yards (60.6 per game) all year, an NFL record for a 16-game season,[2] and 186 fewer yards than the next lowest team, Baltimore's Super Bowl XXXV opponent, the New York Giants. Baltimore gave up only five rushing touchdowns all season, and allowed a paltry 2.7 yards per rush, both league bests. Baltimore only allowed 165 points all season, also an NFL record for a 16-game season. Furthermore, the Ravens recovered an astronomical 26 fumbles during the season, double the total the second-ranked team.[3]

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If our Defense is as good as I expect them to be, we can certainly make a playoff run with Shaun Hill.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Lets look at another guy who didnt have the strongest of arms but collected a few rings... Phil Simms.

I think Hill will have fewer drops because he doesn't throw so hard ,he's catch-able

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If the Rams defense can duplicate the 2000 Ravens defense than sure Hill can lead us to a SB.

Defensive legacy[edit]
The Ravens defense in 2000 is often named among the greatest NFL defenses of all time. A 2007 ESPN Page 2 list ranked the 2000 Ravens defense at #3 in NFL history.[1] Baltimore gave up only 970 rushing yards (60.6 per game) all year, an NFL record for a 16-game season,[2] and 186 fewer yards than the next lowest team, Baltimore's Super Bowl XXXV opponent, the New York Giants. Baltimore gave up only five rushing touchdowns all season, and allowed a paltry 2.7 yards per rush, both league bests. Baltimore only allowed 165 points all season, also an NFL record for a 16-game season. Furthermore, the Ravens recovered an astronomical 26 fumbles during the season, double the total the second-ranked team.[3]

I guess Williams better start game planning.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg

I agree. But can Shaun babble as well as Simms? That guy thinks he is the greatest QB ever and best analyst ever too.

33386595.jpg

Memphis Ram

Legend
I think he's better than Dilfer.

But, speaking of the Ravens reference, most focus on the defense. However, many seem to forget that they also had a top 5 rushing offense. That's where the Rams really need to focus on offensively or everything else is moot.

And I have to admit, I've not been impressed at all with the Rams rushing attack this preseason. In fact, I'm a bit concerned. The Rams need a Jamal Lewis / Priest Holmes type of performance from their backs.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Trent Dilfer threw for 1500 yards and 12 touchdowns when the Ravens won the Super Bowl. I'm pretty sure I could do better.