Is Scott Wells done?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Is Scott Wells done?

• He's done. He won't be a Ram Week 1.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • He's done, but the Rams will still play him and suffer the consequences.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • I think he still has something left.

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • He's not just done... He's WELLS DONE!

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Do you think there's any sense in counting on a contribution from Scott Wells this year? If we had a plan for center, it would enable at least one of our backups to slide over to Guard... which still doesn't solve the Guard issue, but makes it more manageable.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think he's got something left. That's how I voted.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
He certainly can't be counted on to stay on the field. They better have a back up plan.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
He's done, but the Rams will still play him and suffer the consequences.

Alan

Legend
It doesn't matter whether he's done or not to me. Counting on him to not be done is the problem.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He's got something left. He's done so little that IDK how he could have lost anything...

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
He certainly can't be counted on to stay on the field. They better have a back up plan.
Same plan as last yr Tim Barnes & Barrett Jones...if the Rams want they could bring back 2012 back up plan...Robert Turner who started last season for the Titans got beat out of his post then went IR. Turner has been IR two of his last 3 seasons.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
for my own sanity, I can't entertain wells being another hole on the o line

Alan

Legend
NJRamsFan bemoaning his bad luck:
for my own sanity
, I can't entertain wells being another hole on the o line
Thank Bhudda I don't have those worries NJ.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Thank Bhudda I don't have those worries NJ.

Just wanted to say I love these posts, man. To see you announce what has been said in different wording is fraggin' hilarious. It always catches my eye.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Something left in the tank as a backup. Mentor the young players and re-structure contract.

Alan

Legend
Yeah, no pressure now!
upload_2014-3-12_22-18-29.jpeg

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
The question is WHY NOT bring him back? He's EASILY better than Barnes and Jones when healthy. Better with protections, get more push in the run game, sustains blocks longer. If we were to dump him it is unlikely we could upgrade him through FA. And I can't see us drafting a center because Barnes & Jones are supposed to battle to be his replacement. Which begs the question: aren't 3 centers better than 1? If Wells goes down, we're back to where we would be if we cut him, but if he stays healthy the center position is significantly better.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we'll be ok at Center but Wells will be solid when on the field...my concern is if he can stay healthy.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
What Wells does best is protection calls. Hopefully he can get through one more season.