Is Schotty the "Fall Guy" Once Again?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
WvuIN02 said:
Best quote from an NFL.com article

The Rams added in-space playmakers Jared Cook and Tavon Austin to unimaginative offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer's arsenal, which is a bit like shoving a Rubik's Cube under a toddler's nose.

Damn that's funny.......but sad.

RamzFanz

Damnit
WvuIN02 said:

The Rams added in-space playmakers Jared Cook and Tavon Austin to unimaginative offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer's arsenal, which is a bit like shoving a Rubik's Cube under a toddler's nose.

Bouncyhelmet_zps67a277c4.gif

iced

I only wonder if Fisher has a track record of being stubborn or hesitant to get rid of his coordinators if they're under performing.

anyone know ?

TexRamFan

Rookie
iced said:
I only wonder if Fisher has a track record of being stubborn or hesitant to get rid of his coordinators if they're under performing.

anyone know ?

He seemed to have no problem getting ridding of the Williams kid last year and he wasnt even underperforming. Unless he was not doing anything at all.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
LesBaker said:
WvuIN02 said:

Damn that's funny.......but sad.

Took the words right out of my mouth Les.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Schott isn't even a has been, he was a never was.

His offenses sucked in New York until Mark Sanchez and LT and co came and saved his bacon. The team played well in spite of him, not because of him. He's nothing but a bum living off the coattails of his successful father's name.

Like McDaniels he's not making use of the talent we have, he's just trying to force his way with the talent we have regardless of skill, his way only works if you have a runner an LT guy.

We don't, but he refuses to play like we don't and instead of going down the field to open up the run, we just throw a bunch of short passes and hope to God maybe the defense will fall asleep and we can run on them with Richardson's bland running.

iced

TexRamFan said:
iced said:

anyone know ?

He seemed to have no problem getting ridding of the Williams kid last year and he wasnt even underperforming. Unless he was not doing anything at all.

blake williams rubbed off wrong on the other coaches too, that was a big part i'm sure...

maybe that's where the attitude went

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I am sooooo ready for the Return Of Mike Martz. Martz-The Sequel. Mad Mike Part Deaux.

I don't want to hear about how he would get our QB killed, especially with this OL....cuz I don't care. I want an occasional FISRT FUCKING DOWN!!!

Make it happen Stan. Man would THAT be fun......

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
How does a team prepare all week and come out and look like they've done ZERO preparation... 4 games in a row? What exactly did we game plan to do?

Also; what exactly is our offensive identity? Seriously? Up the middle runs with short passes? Are we a ball control offense (I laughed out loud typing that). Anyway, I don't have any idea what we are trying to do out there.

We add all this speed to the roster; Givens, Quick, Austin, and Cook... and we can't muster down the field plays?

Also; in addition to the speed weren't Quick, Austin, and Cook supposed to be matchup nightmares? What have we done to get these guys into those situations?

I am so sick of this offense... if Schotty was fired I'd spring for a round of drinks!

:cheers:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Like I said, we got an Abrams and we're trying to use it as an M88.

For those who don't understand the reference, it would essentially like using the Abrams tank as a towing vehicle... The Abrams can tow just about any vehicle in the military because of it's power, but that's not obviously what it's supposed to do.

We have all these skill guys who excel in the spread with their speed, but we're not using them correctly. I hope that we can figure it out without having to go through coaching changes, but if not, then unfortunately heads will begin to roll. It's not going to be Fisher, and we're not going to start another rebuild, so it'll be on Schotty.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re: Is Schotty the "Fall Guy" Once Again?

WvuIN02 said:

Dang that's true. We need an OC with that can actually call plays that play towards its offense's strengths and much less predictable. It made sense when we lacked talent, it's no longer working.