Is Schotty the "Fall Guy" Once Again?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
We all know how his venture with the NYJ panned out but there are multiple flaws with this team. ST's penalties are crazy high, Finnegan gets burned multiple times throughout every game, and we have no running game. Our offense is very one demensionsal and predictable but the team as a whole is playing terribly. I just hate it for the players that have skill unlike Rams teams of the past. There is a disconnect between the skill sets and the team and Schotty is part of the problem. However, if Schotty does get the ax then remember he's not the only one contributing to a poor product. The disconnect runs deeper, perhaps from head coach all the way down. The question is... what will Stan do? I hope he hears our cries because Fisher clearly doesn't.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
CCrieBt.jpg

jk, I'm just very disappointed with tonight and last week.

iced

no running game, how many points in 2 weeks? how many 3 and outs? how many creative plays have we seen for tavon austin?

why does it take 2 or 3 quarters to call a screen when you keep getting blitzed?

yea, i hope he's done

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
iced said:
no running game, how many points in 2 weeks? how many 3 and outs? how many creative plays have we seen for tavon austin?

why does it take 2 or 3 quarters to call a screen when you keep getting blitzed?

yea, i hope he's done

I rarely call for a Coach's head but Schotty is killing me. He need to put all in better positions. I know that's vague but it is what it is. Right now he isn't designing anything for anyone to succeed in the passing or running game. This is not a rant. Truth. :huh:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Last year Schotty did a good job IMO, but this year, he's doing worse than Shurmur.

If Bradford is making the checkdowns by his own decisions, that's one thing, but the coaches need to tell him to throw downfield at least once in a while. I have a feeling the coaches are dictating all the check downs and short passes.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
HE WITH HORNS said:
Last year Schotty did a good job IMO, but this year, he's doing worse than Shurmur.

If Bradford is making the checkdowns by his own decisions, that's one thing, but the coaches need to tell him to throw downfield at least once in a while. I have a feeling the coaches are dictating all the check downs and short passes.

It's not just the check downs. How are no holes opening for the running game? Why is it that Austin runs the same three routes against everyone and gets smothered once he catches the ball less than a second after the catch. How can one not scheme a horse like cook open more often? No deep shots to givens or Austin (fly patterns)? I can go on. Terrible screen designs.

Guys I know execution is key but I've been watching football long enough that something wreaks of poor play calling here.

Anonymous

We have a Lane Kiffan on our hands. No deep play calling at all!

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Re: Is Schotty the "Fall Guy" Once Again?

Someone told me it is a bad idea to cut your OC in middle of the season. My question to them that never got answered is how can it get worse.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Re: Is Schotty the

Rabid Ram said:
Someone told me it is a bad idea to cut your OC in middle of the season. My question to them that never got answered is how can it get worse.
Next time someone tells you that, ask them how it worked out for the 2012 Ravens.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think his offense made Stafford look much better than he was. However he seems to be holding this offense back.

I'm not sure anymore.

moklerman

Warner-phile
bluecoconuts said:
I think his offense made Stafford look much better than he was. However he seems to be holding this offense back.

I'm not sure anymore.
Stafford or Sanchez?

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
Re: Is Schotty the "Fall Guy" Once Again?

moklerman said:
Rabid Ram said:
Next time someone tells you that, ask them how it worked out for the 2012 Ravens.
True

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
When I think of dynamic and productive offenses, the 06-11 Jets do NOT come to mind. Like, at all. I also didn't think hiring the DC from New Orleans was a good idea... they weren't def stoppers at all. Who is hiring these guys???? Are these old pals of Fisher's???

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
raised_fisT said:
When I think of dynamic and productive offenses, the 06-11 Jets do NOT come to mind. Like, at all. I also didn't think hiring the DC from New Orleans was a good idea... they weren't def stoppers at all. Who is hiring these guys???? Are these old pals of Fisher's???
Head coaches hire the assistants.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
TexRamFan said:
_6500516.gif

Hey Guys.....I think I found Schotty's Playbook!

Now thats funny.....and kinda sad cause its pretty close to reality.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
BigCiX said:
We have a Lane Kiffan on our hands. No deep play calling at all!

Yes, and they look EXACTLY like USC at the moment, except USC has an excellent defense.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
smram said:
iced said:

yea, i hope he's done

I rarely call for a Coach's head but Schotty is killing me. He need to put all in better positions. I know that's vague but it is what it is. Right now he isn't designing anything for anyone to succeed in the passing or running game. This is not a rant. Truth. :huh:

Agree.

I don't think we're making Schotty the fall guy. Instead it's more calling a spade a spade.

He's doing the same thing week after week. No down field passing. No creative sets to put Cook or Austin in matchup advantages.

We've got enough speed to blow coverages. Why is it not happening?

WvuIN02

Starter
Best quote from an NFL.com article

The Rams added in-space playmakers Jared Cook and Tavon Austin to unimaginative offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer's arsenal, which is a bit like shoving a Rubik's Cube under a toddler's nose.