Is Sam B. our sacrificial lamb?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Demand n 1

" Let the cool water take me under"
Name
doc
Through history many societies sacrifice their best and most innocent. The act of contrition can galvanize the muddled masses to greater deeds. Not saying that SB8 is a vestal virgin, but does his loss tell us something about the rest of us.
As fans, do we scatter in the harsh winds of change or redouble our fanaticism?
Does Coach Fish find a way to motivate or get lost in the reeds?
Does management breathe new life into the organization or suffocate under heaps of scorn?
Do players rise with a new leader or fall with the tide?

What say you? Stud Rams or team Lamb chop.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
The Rams ratchet it up a notch. I don't know what the right move is now for the Rams as far as Sam Bradford goes but this team has to have the "next man up" mindset. Time waits for no man (or team) so the future is now. What I'd like to see happen is for the Rams to restructure Sam's deal so he can be on the sidelines this season instead of cutting him which is probably the best business decision. Regardless, that 2015 1st round pick that I wanted to see used on a LB is probably for a QB now.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
As long as Quick and Britt stay hungry, I have faith in this team.

Winning cures all. As long as we get W's, this team's morale will be fine.

Memphis Ram

Legend
IMO, this team has a real chance at being very good this year with or without Sam Bradford. And what I expect is, when this happens, there's going to be a groundswell stating that Bradford may have been the team's problem all along.:whistle:

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
I will repeat what I posted in a previous thread. Don't misunderstand me I think SB was nothing but pure class in his time here and I have great respect for that and him. Unfortunately that doesn't count for much in this league these days and it didn't help Sam out any. It made him one of the guys I really pulled for but that didn't help much either. At the end of the day, when he was healthy he was unable to lift the team when they had an extremely poor roster. I do not believe he was ever going to be elite. I believe that this much improved roster of 2014 will win just as many games with a competent backup. Sam Bradford brought superior arm strength and accuracy but little else. Shawn Hill will be an upgrade in some areas, particularly when put under duress by the pass rush. We will never know what the record would have been with Sam, but In a way it is a relief to not have the constant threat of injury to a fragile quarterback hanging over the teams head. For sure this will be a run first team and defense first team. It will be interesting to see what Fisher does longterm at the qb position.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
It's a team game, Right? The team will win with Hill because it's a team game! I hope Sam works out a deal with the TEAM and stays a Ram! If for no other reason than to piss off the bashers!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
IMO, this team has a real chance at being very good this year with or without Sam Bradford. And what I expect is, when this happens, there's going to be a groundswell stating that Bradford may have been the team's problem all along.:whistle:

We already heard that last year and it never truly died. In fact, that's always been there. That truly is making Bradford the sacrificial lamb. It's jacked up...

I feel so bad for Sam. I feel worse for Sam as a person than than I do the impact of the team. He's the Golden Boy.,. Now he's the whipping boy... :(

V3

Hall of Fame
If Sam wasn't the sacrifice, all the draft picks we lose in a trade up sure will feel like it.