is Quinn injured???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I'm just tired of all the excuses. 1 sack in 5 games the worse EVER in the NFL. There is holding ever week on great players and they get it done in spite of the holds.
This defense does need to play better and/or be coached better, no doubt about it. But the blatant holding last night was a big reason for lack of pass rush, not an excuse.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This defense does need to play better and/or be coached better, no doubt about it. But the blatant holding last night was a big reason for lack of pass rush, not an excuse.
You should see how badly JJ Watt is being held this year. And yet....

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm just tired of all the excuses. 1 sack in 5 games the worse EVER in the NFL. There is holding ever week on great players and they get it done in spite of the holds.

But at the same time, you can't just stick your head in the sand about the ridiculous level of holding against the Rams this year that is not getting called. Last year we got held too, but the difference is the Rams DL was above the league average in drawing holding penalties from the opposing OL. This year we are significantly below average.

If even 1/4 of the blatant, obvious but uncalled incidents of holding are called this season, it has a huge impact on the opposing team's offense. Either they have to start playing it straight or they are constantly put in longer and longer down and distance situations. The cumulative impact would have significantly slowed down those offenses, and probably would have forced some of them to play Quinn straight up - at which time he would have almost certainly beat them for a few sacks.

Again, you can't just turn a blind eye to this and say it's just excuses. One sack in five games is several standard deviations from the norm and would be nearly impossible to get if holding were enforced as it should be. Simply labeling that as excuses is just denying the reality that is right in front of your face.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams has to be leading the league in non holding calls, convert them into possible sacks, they would be leading the league in sacks..hehhe

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many offensive holding calls has he drawn?

Bet it's more than Quinn.
Is there an easy way to find out? I just went through the last 2 box scores of Houston games, and didnt see an opposition holding call on a pass play. Particularly in Watt's monster game vs Indy where he single handedly took over the game. But no holding calls

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Rams has to be leading the league in non holding calls, convert them into possible sacks, they would be leading the league in sacks..hehhe

Hell, if you just convert a percentage of them into actual enforced holding penalties, the cumulative affect would be tremendous. It's the difference between the opposition scoring TD's and making big 1st down plays vs. getting repeatedly put into long down and distance situations, and having to play within the rules as written.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Is there an easy way to find out? I just went through the last 2 box scores of Houston games, and didnt see an opposition holding call on a pass play. Particularly in Watt's monster game vs Indy where he single handedly took over the game. But no holding calls

I looked it up on another website, Houston has drawn 13 offensive holding penalties vs. 6 drawn by the Rams. Over 5 games, that's more than a 2-1 difference.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I looked it up on another website, Houston has drawn 13 offensive holding penalties vs. 6 drawn by the Rams. Over 5 games, that's more than a 2-1 difference.
I saw 3 holding calls in 2 games that were on running plays. 2 by TE and 1 by the center. Does that site break down what plays they were on?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I saw 3 holding calls in 2 games that were on running plays. 2 by TE and 1 by the center. Does that site break down what plays they were on?

No, it didn't.

Irrespective, it's hard to deny that the Rams aren't getting the benefit of the doubt on offensive holding and that the officials are swallowing their whistles, even if Watt is getting held too. Perhaps Waufle/Williams need to coach Quinn and the DL more on how to beat holding ... but of course, then the refs will probably call defensive holding or some other BS, like they did in the Sims sack against Dallas.

Something is rotten in Denmark.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
IMO, that's impossible. Not for a team that had 53 sacks last year. Quinn isn't the only one being held. You forget about Langford being dragged down on the Dez Bryant TD, and Donald being bear-hugged from behind. It's trending for the Rams.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Just not buying the conspiracy that the Rams are the only team that never gets a call. There are obvious bad calls and non calls but that happens in every game. It sucks but I already hate the number of plays with penalties. This is nothing new and if you watched the game last night you saw Grudens list of excuses for not getting to the QB. EVERY DL has them every game every year.

It is time to quite whinning and produce.