Is Nick Foles the Answer for the Rams at QB?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I got as far as the 49er game before my internet starting being a bitch again, and it really wasn't pretty up until that point. I've got some time, so I'll probably finish it at some point. The only problem I have with finishing it is that people are going to go all ape-crap and demand I show the 2013 highlights for a fair comparison. I'm not interested in two years ago in a gimmick offense with no tape on Kelly. I think 2014 is a more accurate depiction of what we should expect here.
I'm not sure which Foles we're going to get... some say 2013... some say 2014... some say he'll be somewhere in between those two seasons.

What I am confident of is...

* IF they don't adequately address the Oline before the season begins... like, if they throw 2 rookies in with Barnes... or Rhaney... and a still pretty raw Robinson, it'll be messy and clearly muddy what Foles MIGHT be.

* And, if Cignetti is either unable to - or prohibited from - being more creative than Schottenheimer in order to open up the offense more, then I don't feel very good about the Rams getting above .500 (again).

FRO

Legend
I got as far as the 49er game before my internet starting being a bitch again, and it really wasn't pretty up until that point. I've got some time, so I'll probably finish it at some point. The only problem I have with finishing it is that people are going to go all ape-crap and demand I show the 2013 highlights for a fair comparison. I'm not interested in two years ago in a gimmick offense with no tape on Kelly. I think 2014 is a more accurate depiction of what we should expect here.
Screw them. I just want to see how he looks. Highlights make almost anybody look good. The 15 yard plus throw video is a good indicator on how the QB is doing. Are the throws on target? Is he able to fit stuff on tight windows? Ect.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Clearly, we have our answer on this one.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
yea I think we can kill this thread lol. we'd have to give picks away just to unload that sorry sack

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
(Takes a deep breath...)

I'm not totally convinced he sucks as bad as it looks like he does. Have no idea wtf happened, but I just don't think you can completely ignore the dogshit he's got for receivers, or the total joke of a line.
He NEVER gets his feet set, and this is partly on him, but also cuz he's always running for his life thanks to the sieve up front, or looking for a receiver who doesn't get open. He's missed open guys a lot, granted, but I just think it's in his head now that he's got no time. Would still draft a QB with our 1st pick, but am curious to see what (how) he does next year with a real WR and a healthy line. Let's face it, Keenum didn't (and isn't going to) do any better.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I just don't buy that Foles is THIS bad of a QB. He's not. If you watch him when he lines up the offense he is confused, and after the snap his fundamentals are all over the place. This is basically what Nick Foles looks like when he's completely lost his $#!+ and has melted down like a Japanese reactor.

I have to guess Boras is going to get the offense back to a heavy run look. If he does that these QBs might improve a bit, but the low level of confidence that seems to be running through the whole unit is going to be very hard to turn around.

Either way if I am the owner I do not allow this regime to cut Foles before a new OC comes in that knows wtf he is doing with the passing game. My preference is get Foles back to work on his fundamentals, primarily footwork in the pocket and on his throws, and let him compete with whoever they bring in. Basically I am not going to dump on the guy, I know it's hard to imagine him playing well again but he's a team-first guy who has had success when things are right around him.