Is Nick Foles our long term answer?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Nick Foles is a clear upgrade over what we had last year. The question is if he can be the guy long term or is he a stop gap type.

By the numbers in 2014:
Austin Davis/Shaun Hill:
63%
3658 Yards
7.1 YPA
20 TDs
15 INTs

Nick Foles projected over 16 games:
60%
7 YPA
26 TDs
20 INTs

Foles was in a QB friendly scheme. A scheme that made scrub QB Mark Sanchez appear to belong in the league. Foles was surrounded by guys like Maclin, Matthews, Ertz, McCoy, Sproles. In St. Louis his support cast isn't going to be as prolific.

My bottom line, we don't need a Joe Montana/Kurt Warner. All we need is an Alex Smith type. In order to do that Foles decision making must improve. In the game against the Rams Foles made various bad decisions with the football. In 2013 Foles had an outstanding TD to turnover ratio. The Rams still need to build up the offensive line and build their offense around the run game.

Athos

Legend
Impossible to tell right now.

We need to see what he brings to the table in what would only be his 2nd full season in the league as a starter. Or rather, his 1st season as full starter. I hope.

If we can get Alex Smith type production and game management out of Foles, I think we make the playoffs.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
good God pump the brakes it's been 24 hours and the room is still spinning.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Don't see any way in hell you can make a judgement about that when he hasn't played a single minute in Horns...I think I would like it if he is so that I can stop hearing about QBs for a while...

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Impossible to tell right now.

We need to see what he brings to the table in what would only be his 2nd full season in the league as a starter. Or rather, his 1st season as full starter. I hope.

If we can get Alex Smith type production and game management out of Foles, I think we make the playoffs.
I agree with this.

I still don't feel comfortable with our backup QBs. Foles hasn't been durable either and I don't want to see Davis or Keenum play at all.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
This is my biggest fear with this trade. I have nothing against Foles but I like Bradford in the long term. I can't stand the thought of him healthy and lighting it up for another team.

FRO

Legend
Don't see any way in hell you can make a judgement about that when he hasn't played a single minute in Horns...I think I would like it if he is so that I can stop hearing about QBs for a while...
Unfortunately I don't see that happening. Fans are always obsessed with QBs.

I noticed some aren't happy with this topic. Was just starting a conversation on what we think Foles is long term. He is a definite upgrade over last year. Just wanted to see if people think he is the guy long term or just a stop gap guy.

FRO

Legend
This is my biggest fear with this trade. I have nothing against Foles but I like Bradford in the long term. I can't stand the thought of him healthy and lighting it up for another team.
I'm a Sam guy too, but the trade made a ton of sense. Fisher and Snead would have their jobs hinging on Bradford's health, which let them down 2 out of 3 years. Talent wise Bradford is superior. The fact we got so much for him despite the back to back knee injuries is proof. Foles is an upgrade over last year and will help put us in contention.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Good question. I kind of hope he is our Matt Flynn and we draft a Russel Wilson - I'm just having a hard time seeing that in this draft.

If I'm Les, I'm still looking around though - we only have Foles for 1 yr.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ask me again around week 8. People should know though that the eagles oline failed heavily last year and the offense showed it, from McCoy to foles. Last year could've been an anomaly

FRO

Legend
Ask me again around week 8. People should know though that the eagles oline failed heavily last year and the offense showed it, from McCoy to foles. Last year could've been an anomaly
Well we haven't had a good offensive line since the GSOT era, so that experience will come in handy for him.

FRO

Legend
Good question. I kind of hope he is our Matt Flynn and we draft a Russel Wilson - I'm just having a hard time seeing that in this draft.

If I'm Les, I'm still looking around though - we only have Foles for 1 yr.
Hackenberg, Goff, Jones, Cook. Some good prospects next year.

A55VA6

Legend
Wayyyyy too early. We gotta wait several games into the new season before we start talking about the future.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
What those stats didn't tell the story of was how costly a lot of those INTs were. There were too many momentum killing or even game killing INTs last year. Foles hopefully wont make those mistakes - so those stats can be a little misleading.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Foles is the answer for the next 10 years...Next question please?
10268932_710968755688139_383743105_n.jpg