Is more accountability on the way with this roster?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Accountability?

I don't listen to the post-game pressers but, let me take a stab at what Fisher said:
We didn't play well... we've got to get better... and we will get better.
We're going to put this game behind us and start fresh tomorrow... we'll address the deficiencies and get them corrected... I'm proud of how hard these guys played.. they played their guts our under difficult conditions.

To anyone who did listen... am I close?

fearsomefour

Legend
....in an unrelated development Gabbart posted a 90+ QB rating yesterday vs Seattle on the road with their dumb coach and horrible O line.
So, begs the question about our O and our approach....

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Despite the argument about not overpaying for free agents, one could reasonably say that the "free agent" part of that designation is irrelevant. We're already overpaying for players already on the roster.

Looking towards 2016
  • Chris Long has a cap hit of $14.25M in 2016. We can save all but $2.5M by cutting him.
  • Jared Cook has a cap hit of $8.3M. We can save all but $2.6M by cutting him.
  • James Laurinaitis has a cap hit of $6.4M. We can save all but $900k by cutting him.
  • Saffold has a cap hit of $6M. We can save all but $3M by cutting him.
  • Kenny Britt has a cap hit of $4.8M, all of which can be saved by cutting him.
I'd be shocked if we did not see some sacred cows sacrificed this off-season, both to pay for people who are performing (JJenks and TruJo), but also to get a quality free agent offensive lineman or two.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Despite the argument about not overpaying for free agents, one could reasonably say that the "free agent" part of that designation is irrelevant. We're already overpaying for players already on the roster.

Looking towards 2016
  • Chris Long has a cap hit of $14.25M in 2016. We can save all but $2.5M by cutting him.
  • Jared Cook has a cap hit of $8.3M. We can save all but $2.6M by cutting him.
  • James Laurinaitis has a cap hit of $6.4M. We can save all but $900k by cutting him.
  • Saffold has a cap hit of $6M. We can save all but $3M by cutting him.
  • Kenny Britt has a cap hit of $4.8M, all of which can be saved by cutting him.
I'd be shocked if we did not see some sacred cows sacrificed this off-season, both to pay for people who are performing (JJenks and TruJo), but also to get a quality free agent offensive lineman or two.

Yeah man there are going to be immense personnel changes even IF by some miracle Fisher manages to keep his job. This is going to be one of those offseasons where a critical amount of personnel decisions need to be made, much moreso than a normal offseason:

Rams need to find their QB of the future. They need to finish up the OL ffs. They need to cut the fat as you alluded to above, and replace or improve those positions. They have their first wave of FA for the players brought in by this regime and many key decisions to make.

In other words this seems like a very good offseason to hire your coach for the future if you don't think it is Fisher.

RamzFanz

Damnit
It looks like Tre Mason got some accountability bench time.

Not a single carry against Baltimore.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It looks like Tre Mason got some accountability bench time.

Not a single carry against Baltimore.

Yes I definitely noted that. Of course Fish has always held players accountable for team rules (Mason reportedly violated some rule probably broke curfew idk though). If it was due to that fumble I would be impressed. But then why in the F is Cook still starting? Dude is a straight bum.