Is Mike Thomas poised to be Kenny Britt's replacement?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Keep Kenny Britt another year or roll with Thomas on the outside?

• Thomas, if he has a good year

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Britt, can't beat that experience

Votes: 36 65.5%
  • Neither, lets bring on Cooper

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I loved the pick but in the OTAs Thomas was not the guy getting off to the fast start and making a name for himself among the rooks. The guy who did that was Coop.

Long way to go in camp so not gonna be down on any of these guys yet. But I think Thomas is in for a helluva fight for a roster spot and there's a reasonable chance he won't make it.

Britt's not a guy we can realistically say is going to arrive or anything, since he is what he is at this point. That said, has he ever had a top staff developing him? And I don't know if the Rams have the offensive staff talent they need this year finally, but if they do what kind of improvement could Britt be in for if any? I think he's that under the radar guy who might really surprise everyone. If he can do that plus Coop stepping in and playing well, this offense will have the weapons it needs to significantly raise the scoring.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
My point is you ruled out finding a player in the 5-7th round range and that's folly. Just last year Stefon Diggs was a 5th round pick by the Vikings he had a good rookie year. Karlos Williams was the Bills #2 back last year as a 5th round rookie. Just to name a couple. It's funny peoples perceptions that you can only get certain things in certain rounds. Hell one of our starting CB this year could very well be a 6th round pick.

I didn't rule it out bro, I just said I can't count on it and it wasn't likely. And I'm saying more specifically to US not the league.
We just haven't been that lucky with late round finds in terms of WR's. I would love for that to change and really my response was to THIS years draft. Maybe that changes in the future but have we ever drafted someone that late that made a real impact?

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Hard to say this early in Thomas' career just what his trajectory will look like.

He does have potential. And he was a draft pick. Makes the occasional highlight reel one hander for a TD. Then drops a perfectly thrown easy one.

Honestly, I don't have a dog in this hunt. May the best 6 make the 53. Period.

I do think that our best 6 will make for an effective corps for Goff.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't rule it out bro, I just said I can't count on it and it wasn't likely. And I'm saying more specifically to US not the league.
We just haven't been that lucky with late round finds in terms of WR's. I would love for that to change and really my response was to THIS years draft. Maybe that changes in the future but have we ever drafted someone that late that made a real impact?
EJ Gaines

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He plays WR?
We haven't used late round picks on WR's until this year. Late round picks can be successful regardless of position. Because we haven't had a 5th-7th round WR who turned out to be good prior to this year isn't a reason to doubt the current picks in that range especially since as I said. The only WR this regime has taken in your rounds you mentioned was Bud Sasser who was a medical DQ cause of a heart condition. It's ok I get it you're just looking to be negative about a draft pick because of the round he was taken and because the one time this front office took a WR that late he didn't make the team because he was a medical release. Late round picks don't always work out nobody anywhere is going to say that they do. But to write them off before they even play? That's a new level of pessimism.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I loved the pick but in the OTAs Thomas was not the guy getting off to the fast start and making a name for himself among the rooks. The guy who did that was Coop.

Long way to go in camp so not gonna be down on any of these guys yet. But I think Thomas is in for a helluva fight for a roster spot and there's a reasonable chance he won't make it.

Britt's not a guy we can realistically say is going to arrive or anything, since he is what he is at this point. That said, has he ever had a top staff developing him? And I don't know if the Rams have the offensive staff talent they need this year finally, but if they do what kind of improvement could Britt be in for if any? I think he's that under the radar guy who might really surprise everyone. If he can do that plus Coop stepping in and playing well, this offense will have the weapons it needs to significantly raise the scoring.
I think its arguable Spruce has made even more of an impact but keep in mind we only know what we see and hear. Some guys aren't fully themselves yet as rookies, it will take time but I think Thomas is going to be very good

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
We haven't used late round picks on WR's until this year. Late round picks can be successful regardless of position. Because we haven't had a 5th-7th round WR who turned out to be good prior to this year isn't a reason to doubt the current picks in that range especially since as I said. The only WR this regime has taken in your rounds you mentioned was Bud Sasser who was a medical DQ cause of a heart condition. It's ok I get it you're just looking to be negative about a draft pick because of the round he was taken and because the one time this front office took a WR that late he didn't make the team because he was a medical release. Late round picks don't always work out nobody anywhere is going to say that they do. But to write them off before they even play? That's a new level of pessimism.

Dude, you are taking this to whatever level you seem to want to. I simply said I'm not counting on a late round pick to take Britt or anyone else's position at this point. Obviously we haven't seen him play. This thread is about WR, not any dang draft pick period. Keep it to the topic please. It's not being negative or pessimistic, that's just reality. most late round picks aren't stars. Is it possible? of course it is. I just simply said I'm not counting on it with Thomas. So please stop spinning it.