Is Mike Thomas poised to be Kenny Britt's replacement?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Keep Kenny Britt another year or roll with Thomas on the outside?

• Thomas, if he has a good year

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Britt, can't beat that experience

Votes: 36 65.5%
  • Neither, lets bring on Cooper

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters

A55VA6

Legend
I'm gonna say we better hold on to Britt regardless. He makes quite a few deep ball plays and he's experienced (and still only 27). Although, I do hope guys like Cooper and Thomas can come in and make a big impact.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Rookie WRs typically take a few years to develop. It's really rare to see a rookie WR set the league on fire.

Thank God we have Britt and Austin.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If Fisher was slow about starting guys like Asron Donald in his rookie year
Only because Kendal Langford was starting in front of him....Not that Langford was some all-pro, but he was pretty good....So if Britt & Quick prove to be pretty damn good with Goff, I'd expect a very slow transition for any rookie to start out wide....unless they show Aaron Donald type ability....Win win in my book...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I like the talented NEW WR's we've brought in BUT they need time to develop, and with a New starting QB we need Britt in their!!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Like @A55VA6 said Britt is only 27 so if he is in shape (which he usually is) dedicated and undistracted by his new playground we could have the perfect mix for him to have his best year. He has a QB with an NFL arm, pocket awareness and accuracy coupled with being in his physical prime along with increased maturity he could and should be our best true wr. I think 50 850 5 are realistic hopes

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Guys, thanks for reading! One thing, I didn't mean lets replace Britt with Thomas now...I meant since we have an estimated 43mil in cap room next year but we need it to pay Brockers, McDonald and Tru. I am just saying that if Britt can be replaced by a productive wide out then we should do that. Need to conserve money to keep Donald, Gurley and Austin

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I am just saying that if Britt can be replaced by a productive wide out then we should do that.
If he's not trying to give Fish a hometown discount for saving his career, I'd agree....3 years $15-18 mil....maybe $20+ if he goes for 1000 yards 12+ tds

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Ok, I'm on board with 50 850 5. I think Mr. Britt surprises a lot of people this year - and especially not a few Rams fans!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Thomas hasn't seen a down yet in the NFL and someone already has him taking Britt's place???

GAWD can we just get through the off season already!!!

Let's see if Thomas can make the roster before giving him the #1 WR job

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thomas hasn't seen a down yet in the NFL and someone already has him taking Britt's place???

GAWD can we just get through the off season already!!!

Let's see if Thomas can make the roster before giving him the #1 WR job
Just a suggestion but read the article, he's talking about next year. Britt is a free agent and he is wondering if Thomas shows enough this year to make us save money and not bring back Britt.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
JMO, but I don't think that person is on our roster. We still need a prototype #1 to take attention off of Austin and Gurley.
That is likely via trade or next years draft.
I can't count on a 5-7th round draft pick to be that guy. Love for it to happen but not likely.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Ok, I'm on board with 50 850 5. I think Mr. Britt surprises a lot of people this year - and especially not a few Rams fans!

If he does that, could be interesting negotiation for next year. Not superstar numbers but you can't sneeze at that either.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
JMO, but I don't think that person is on our roster. We still need a prototype #1 to take attention off of Austin and Gurley.
That is likely via trade or next years draft.
I can't count on a 5-7th round draft pick to be that guy. Love for it to happen but not likely.
That once happened when we acquired Brandon Lloyd for a 5th rounder...Was such a spark just was the wrong year to have him...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That once happened when we acquired Brandon Lloyd for a 5th rounder...Was such a spark just was the wrong year to have him...
Agree, also want Antonio Brown a 6th rounder? Any round pick can be an All Pro.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Just a suggestion but read the article, he's talking about next year. Britt is a free agent and he is wondering if Thomas shows enough this year to make us save money and not bring back Britt.
Read the article, it still make little or no sense. Thomas may not make the roster and Britt is a proven commodity who has been pretty dang good as a Ram with the garbage he's had throwing the ball.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It can happen but I'm pretty sure we don't have an AB on our roster :)
My point is you ruled out finding a player in the 5-7th round range and that's folly. Just last year Stefon Diggs was a 5th round pick by the Vikings he had a good rookie year. Karlos Williams was the Bills #2 back last year as a 5th round rookie. Just to name a couple. It's funny peoples perceptions that you can only get certain things in certain rounds. Hell one of our starting CB this year could very well be a 6th round pick.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Read the article, it still make little or no sense. Thomas may not make the roster and Britt is a proven commodity who has been pretty dang good as a Ram with the garbage he's had throwing the ball.
I'll drop it you don't seem to grasp the concept of the article.