Is McVay's rebuild of the Rams as large as Fisher's rebuild of the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Is McVay's rebuild of the Rams as large as Fisher's rebuild of the Rams?

• No

Votes: 74 78.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the 1-15 team under Spagnuolo was the worst Rams team I have seen and one of the worst ever. They were one trick play away from being 0-16 and got blown out in half of the games.
Agreed. IIRC they finished last in points for and points against.
Takes a special brand of suck to take a 2-14 team with the 1st pick in each round and still find a way to get worse

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Though I would agree that the money is the key ingredient, Shaq came to the Lakers because of the glitz and glamor. He was offered more by other teams. Garnet wanted out of Minnesota because.... it was Minnesota. Chris Webber wanted out of Sacramento because it was a "hick town" that rolled up the sidewalks at night. Location still means something to these guys.

Granted, the Rams are not the Lakers right now and salaries have gone through the roof, but there is a cache that is LA and Rams players used to live it. Not sure I remember too many Browns or Bills players beyond OJ having TV shows and such.

Dude!! Jim Brown QUIT football because Hollywood offered more $ than football would have been able to at the time. Those guys made WAY smaller checks.

Shaq went to the Lakers on a huge deal, only the Magic could beat it because of the rules back then, the Bird Exception. He still went to LA because with Kobe he knew they would be in the mix for titles. Plus IIRC he was a bit of a Lakers fan as a kid. But make no mistake if another team offered him that money he would have taken it, he was on his way out of Orlando. The Lakers had the only offer that wasn't bigger than the Magic. As a Lakers fan I was glad to see him there too..........it made them the favorite in pretty much every game.

Webber was a schmuck about leaving the Kings. And he was enough of a headcase that the Warriors dumped him after an impressive rookie season. Then in Washington he wore out his welcome. And he did it again in Sactown. I don't recall how he behaved with the Sixers, I don't remember reading anything about him being a dick so who knows. He was a mercenary type. 5 or 6 teams I think. He was a dick.

Garnett wanted out because he wanted a title. The Wolves were not putting pieces in place and just couldn't get over the hump. And believe me he got paid by the Celtics while they were putting together a sort of "Big 3". The Wolves were in bad shape and McHale had made a mess of them. He was tight with Ainge in Boston. Garnett was traded, he didn't leave..........and Minny is a very cool city you should check it out somtime, more fun the Chicago IMO.

Plus by the way Garnett was going to be playing with RAllen and The Truth, that was the final straw. Oh that and the bazzilions he got paid LOL. Garnett copped some huge contract in his 20 year career. And the Celtics handed him LOADS.

Money is the key ingredient and I have watched pro sports for years. There is the occasional exception where an old vet hasn't ever won a title and will take the minimum to go to a team that is considered a lock or close to it for a trip to the title game/series. I don't blame guys like that but it takes a little of the shine off the ring IMO, it's a little less lustrous. These guys play for the money first essentially regardless of where they live short term to earn it, everything else is either second or third of floating on the periphery.

I don't blame them one bit either.

It's the paycheck.