Is McDonald Coming Back?!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I just saw one of those camp reports from Steve Wyche. He was actually saying the Rams are going to have 3 new starters in the secondary and that the Rams do not expect TJ McDonald back. Is this accurate?

Supposedly Wyche has spent quite a bit of time as an insider at OTAs. Are we missing something here? It would really suck not having TJ. Any insight?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I just saw one of those camp reports from Steve Wyche. He was actually saying the Rams are going to have 3 new starters in the secondary and that the Rams do not expect TJ McDonald back. Is this accurate?

Supposedly Wyche has spent quite a bit of time as an insider at OTAs. Are we missing something here? It would really suck not having TJ. Any insight?

Well if it is true, it's for the better. TJ has been ok with The Rams. That is a solid source. --I like Green now more than Tre at RB.
--Was weird how those 2 were not at OTA's .

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well if it is true, it's for the better. TJ has been ok with The Rams. That is a solid source. --I like Green now more than Tre at RB.
Yeah but I consider TJ one of our core guys. Love his game. I hope this is smoke.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
TJ's beef is no way bad enough to get him thrown off the team. a game or two suspension at most.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
this is all I can find
"T.J. McDonald out of OTA’s dealing with legal issues"

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
The unknown with TJ is what previously runins with Drugs or Personal conduct he has. If he has had prior contact he moves up to at least a 4 or 6 game level. Plus we still do not know what the substance was. Lastly, he was major banged up last year. We still have not heard any conclusive statements about his physical condition.

We at this point do not have enough info and because of that, it is getting more unnerving by the day.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler

Oh come on man. McDonald is a solid player for us and there IS a drop off from him to the next guy. Green has no business being on a 53-man roster for any NFL team. Unless he carves out a VERY solid role in special teams I don't see how he's going to make the team. I see nothing from his college tape that leads me to believe he's better than Mason, Cunningham, or Brown.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert

Can you post the link?
Thanks

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
TJ is a warrior. We absolutely need him with our current predicament at safety.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
TJ is a stud and yes someone will need to start while he is out. Not really new news just somewhat misleading.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know the REASON is not news. Just the fact that someone supposedly from the inside says he may not be back AT ALL. Seems newsy to me.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I know the REASON is not news. Just the fact that someone supposedly from the inside says he may not be back AT ALL. Seems newsy to me.
True enough dude by all means report we can always choose not to read or comment. I did not hear that TJ may never come back that indeed is different than someone having to fill in for a couple games while out. The latter is a bit of a non story knowing TJ has been coming back from injury and been involved in behavior that could result in suspension.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Oh come on man. McDonald is a solid player for us and there IS a drop off from him to the next guy. Green has no business being on a 53-man roster for any NFL team. Unless he carves out a VERY solid role in special teams I don't see how he's going to make the team. I see nothing from his college tape that leads me to believe he's better than Mason, Cunningham, or Brown.

TJ is an SC guy !! I go back to the NJ Giants game.He got beat by the best though.
I respect TJ's game, but if Fisher & The Rams have an issue (????) it has to be for the better of the team.Fisher & TJ's dad are SC guys !!
I really have any info on the subject, except this post here that I'n quoting on .