Is Maty Mauk the Worst Starting QB?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
he is easily the worst in the SEC, but as far as the major conferences go, and top 25 teams....can anyone think of anyone that sucks as bad as he does?

I'm a huge Mizzou fan, and it gets difficult to watch this little fucker be as full blown cocky as he is and be so fucking terrible. It was great seeing GP put in the freshman...can't remember his name. Dude put up good numbers, especially compared to Mauk attempt for attempt.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Darius Wade of Boston College is much worse lol. Im a big BC fan and alum. Wade is pretty bad.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lock came in and made Mauk look like shit. Mauk just throws the fucking ball. He doesn't care who is there. If he didn't have 6'4" receivers I don't know that he would do much. Last season he had a game with 27 yards. It's terrible.

howski3318

Rookie
I'm not sure I can necessarily say he's the worst in CFB. However, I would say he may be the worst Mizzou QB since Gary Pinkel took over. He hasn't seemed to take the next step in developing decision making.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Fuck Mauk. I want Drew Lock in NOW.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I thank God that I'm not a Mizzou fan. I've watched a few games where Mauk is playing and it is not only painful to watch but Mauk might as well be Tom Brady's son because it deflates all the fun out of the game.

yoinesh123

UDFA
Name
yoinesh
Mauk is not the worst starting in CFB. Obviously he hasnt looked good but he should've had 4 touchdowns in the game vs Semo. Moore and Brown both dropped easy catches. But, it should be Lock Time

Athos

Legend
No. Some pretty shitty D1 QBs out there.

Tell us this tho. MM makes me realize just how underrated and under appreciated I had Jes Franklin rated.

Mail sucks shit. He can't even use his legs effectively anymore and leaves tons of yards in the field.

Franklin typically got you what he could and was prolly fucked over by surfer boy Yost repeatedly running the QB draw up the gut in the most telegraphed of ways.

Offense was streamlined under him.

MM can't QB in the SEC.

Pinked just has to get Lock plenty of exp before conference play or I'm afraid MM will have severa more of those UF games like last year.

Athos

Legend
There's the proof right there, if any are watching the Arky game.

FRO

Legend
Mauk does suck. Clearly the worst starting QB in the Pinkel era.

Speaking of QBs, Connor Cook gets hype, and at one point I liked him, but to me he isn't a QB I'm spending a first round pick on. Decent tools, but not always a great decision maker.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
He's pretty damn bad, it's almost embarrassing after years and years of solid QB play to come down to him. Definitely doesn't help that he's playing so hot of the heels of Daniel, Gabbert and Franklin, but man... He's brutal.

So obviously he'll be the first of ours QBs to actually be successful in the NFL.

FRO

Legend
He's pretty damn bad, it's almost embarrassing after years and years of solid QB play to come down to him. Definitely doesn't help that he's playing so hot of the heels of Daniel, Gabbert and Franklin, but man... He's brutal.

So obviously he'll be the first of ours QBs to actually be successful in the NFL.
Brad Smith was successful.....as a special teams player.

Mauk's low completion percentage in a system where there are a bunch of easy completions is very alarming. He throws a bunch of bad interceptions. He is absolutely garbage and should be benched. It won't happen though.

Athos

Legend
MM sucks in the NFL game. Meaning the short and intermediate routes. Some of the worst passing mechanics I've seen, which leads to his piss poor completion rate. He doesn't throw an easily catchable ball.

Poor Lock. Came into that hostile ENV a bit too amped and nervous and threw a pass a bit too hard leading to an INT and benched after that.

MUs WRs worry me and I can't remember ever being worried about the WRs under the Pinkel era. He needs to start recruiting SEC offensive players.

All our WRs seemed to come from Texas. Did we give up that state or what?

howski3318

Rookie
I think it's become a bit more difficult after the Big XII switch to recruit in Texas. They went from playing potentially three games a year to at best 1. I think that is why they are recruiting better in GA and FL then they ever did.

I never thought I would feel that a Mizzou team would have to be 100% carried by defense.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had to watch for myself because I hadn't watched them yet this year or at all last year and I kept hearing about this wonderfully bad QB. Well I'm no QB whisperer or professional scout. But if the Rams picked this guy up next year I'd be disappointed. He's not good at all.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
MM was really bad last night! I don't know how long he'll be the starter if he continues to play this poorly.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's pathetic...he must have some blackmail on Pinkle

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not fair. Missouri suspended him for the SC game. They should punish themselves by forcing him to play every snap. :p

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Not fair. Missouri suspended him for the SC game. They should punish themselves by forcing him to play every snap. :p

Thank fate. Now Drew Lock can play and hopefully win the job.