Is Mannion the best QB on the roster right now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Literally?
Literally
that's all you've been saying?

lol. That's my biggest pet peeve.

Using literally to mean figuratively as a point of emphasis is actually an accepted usage of the word.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Using literally to mean figuratively as a point of emphasis is actually an accepted usage of the word.
Maybe to you millenials, but you best keep that trash outta my house.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe to you millenials, but you best keep that trash outta my house.

Surprisingly, it's been that way for centuries. Great writers such as Charles Dickens and F. Scott Fitzgerald have used the word in that manner.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ya, but is it literally your biggest pet peeve...
It's a tie between that, and the people who FUCKING slow-walk across the road in front of my car when they're entering or leaving a store. Especially when I wave them across just to be nice, and they STILL slow-walk like they have no sense of urgency at all. I so wanna go all Death Race 2000 on those fools.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Surprisingly, it's been that way for centuries. Great writers such as Charles Dickens and F. Scott Fitzgerald have used the word in that manner.
I'm literally going to throttle you in the throat if you suggest I accept it as a norm.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a tie between that, and the people who freaking slow-walk across the road in front of my car when they're entering or leaving a store. Especially when I wave them across just to be nice, and they STILL slow-walk like they have no sense of urgency at all. I so wanna go all Death Race 2000 on those fools.

I hate people who try to jump the line in traffic (which ends up causing a bottleneck which is what caused the traffic in the first place). I assume they're all Patriots fans.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
https://www.vocabulary.com/articles/chooseyourwords/figuratively-literally/

Because people (famous authors or not) who freak up my language are virtually my biggest pet peeve...:whistle:

That's the point I'm making. They're actually not fucking up the language. Language is meant to adapt and evolve. There aren't concrete rules to it. But the reality is that literally being used for emphasis in a metaphorical way is not new. It's an accepted usage for the word that's gone on for centuries.

Personally, I don't use it that way because I don't think it packs enough punch, but it is technically correct.

Anyways, isn't this better than arguing over Goff and Mannion? ;)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
<brushes off both shoulders>

And another thread derailment for the X Man!

I literally fucked you all.
(now, Jrry. Tell me how it felt. You know, since I literally fucked you).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
<brushes off both shoulders>

And another thread derailment for the X Man!

I literally freaked you all.
(now, Jrry. Tell me how it felt. You know, since I literally freaked you).

Gentle. Very gentle. But you really should buy me a drink first. I deserve to be wined and dined.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
What just happened?

How can I get that 3 and 1/2 minutes back that I spent reading these posts?

Name
Preman
No can do.

Let''s put him on the practice squad and see if somebody picks him up for his contract so we can free up some cap room.

This is the NFL, (not for long).

We don't have any time for development or coaching.

Good luck with that...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How does this thread go 16 pages??:OT::bueller:
Ever hear of Pavlov's dog?
Watch this....

Orlovsky was bad last night, but still looks as good as Mannion

anigif_enhanced-1366-1414615847-39.gif

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
With the 189th post, Let me say again for the third time.....NO
(In my best Roger GODell voice) "With the 189th post in the 2017 ROD dumbest thread, @LoyalRam selects....NO...from Appalachian State...... @UKram is now on the clock."