Is Johnson (CB) the Best Player in the Secondary?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
The fact that you can even make a case for this is amazing. Jenkins is playing very well, but he does give up the occasional home run. When is the last time Johnson gave up the big play? Finnegan gave it up on a weekly basis. Our safeties hold their own for the most part but they don't really make a big play. I think Johnson is proving to be a great pick for our team. It's tremendously refreshing to see some return on a guy that we didn't reach on, take a chance, or have to go up and get and still see an awesome return. I guess with all the doom and gloom around here over Bradford going down has over shadowed the play of players that are stepping up. Johnson may be our most underrated player right. I still say Dunbar is underrated, too.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'd like to get some advanced analytics on Johnson. To me, he's seemed rather mediocre. He might be out best CB this year but that isn't saying much.

Last edited by a moderator:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think he's quietly have a very solid season. I know Jenks and Finn get all the spotlight but he's plays better than them two in a lot of moments. IDK, maybe it's just me.

lockdnram21

Legend
Hes been playing decent but has had some timely penaltys. I think if we continue use press coverage him and janoris both will play better. We might only need a Fs next draft if they continue like the last 2 weeks

A55VA6

Legend
I think he's played really well recently. Part of it has to do with the defense changing a little bit imo. The corners and safeties seem to be playing alot better together than they did earlier in the year.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Jenks lines up against the #1s so you have to account for that too. Tru has been solid, but not better then jenks IMO

A55VA6

Legend
i think ive seen tru guarding the ones 2
Yeah I believe this is correct. It depends on where the offense lines up their WR's. Jenkins and Tru only line up on their own sides of the field. So even Finnegan goes up against a #1 that lines up in the slot.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The best DB? not so sure that our second yr. CB ...TJ is any better than the other two second yr DB's ....JJ or Rodney myself. What I do know is he is far better than Cortland Finnegan who is paid all pro $$$ to ride the bench. Another thing I do know it these CB's play much better in press up close than with a cushion.

By the end of the 2013 season our starting secondary consisting of three 2nd yr players & a rookie (Johnson-Jenkins-McLeod & McDonald) puts us in good shape as starters for the future. I see no Ram future for the other former 2013 starters like Finnegan-Stewart or Giordano in 2014.

It was said before the 2012 draft that both our starting CB's were bonified first round corner material but both had red flags on the personal side. For these two corners it would appear that they need to mix it up close in to be highly effective. Could be said the same about Cortland too.

jap

Legend
I don't even know what to say about Cort anymore. Even if one wanted to explore moving him to safety, no NFL safety collects the kind of coin Finnegan gets. I hope Fish isn't too much of a player's coach to hold onto a high price vet who simply isn't cutting it anymore.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Yeah I believe this is correct. It depends on where the offense lines up their WR's. Jenkins and Tru only line up on their own sides of the field. So even Finnegan goes up against a #1 that lines up in the slot.
ill look this weekend, but I don't remember this being the case. I thought jenks went with the 1s and Finn did the same before he got hurt