Is Joe Barksdale Hurt?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Good run blocking RT, some issues vs speed rushers.
Another better alternative? I don't see one.
Resign.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Wells had yet another terrible game as well. His play has been strikingly poor. At least for Barksdale it seems unusual to see him beaten repeatedly.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
If the Rams put a better RG beside him or moved Saffold back to RG and are able to find a starting caliber LG next offseason then Barksdale may also be better in the sacks allowed Dept. Rams will not break the bank trying to bring him back.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was it not you Jrry32 who here in this forum earlier this year claimed & argued that the responsibilities of the interior OL like Wells & Joseph were just as important as the exterior OT's? You claimed that most defenses were sending quick pass rushers & grouped speeders up the interior of the OL as much or more than just outside. That the past emphasis of high value on the OLT & ORT's had diminished as offenses attacked the middle. Which I will agreed. (Thus why a DT like Aaron Donald has great value & great impact) If you have forgotten I can search for it.

Yes. For a different reason. Because pressure up the middle is more damaging to today's horizontal, timing based pass offenses.

But look at the sack leaders, they aren't DTs. Because it's much more difficult to get sacks as an interior DL. Last year, the worst Center in terms of sacks was Ryan Wendell with 6 allowed. The worst OG was Brian Winters with 10 sacks allowed. The worst OT was William Beatty with 13 sacks allowed.

Do you think the worst OT was 7 sacks worse than the worst C? No.(that's assuming giving up the most sacks actually tells you who the worst OL is...which it doesn't...but bear with me here)

The issue that interior pressure presents is it clogs interior throwing lanes and doesn't allow the QB to step up to avoid the outside pass rushers...which creates sacks for the outside rushers and makes the job of the OTs much more difficult.

I never claimed that the interior OLs gave up as many sacks as the OTs.

In conclusion I know that Joe Barksdale is very popular here with most all members in this forum & its just about Taboo to say anything contrary to the popular belief that JB is a very good ORT in the NFL. .......I do not fall into that cadre who think that. JB is the best ORT we had in over a decade & sure happy he is a starting Ram on my team if JB was not here I have no ideal who could play ORT. But he is far from a complete NFL ORT in the passing game (as those stats point out).

I don't disagree. I disagreed with you contrasting Barksdale's sacks allowed with Wells and Joseph. It's just not a fair comparison.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
Barksdale is a tough guy. He's a soldier. I'm happy to have him on the team.