Is Jeff Fisher the 4th best coach.....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I think this^ is correct. And for those of you who seem to want to start a 'Ditch Williams' campaign, keep in mind The Starters he's either Lost, had injured, or weren't able to practice in preseason! Patience! Fisher said on his Monday night show their doing a lot of evaluating and re-thinking as we speak!
I wonder what this means? What's going to change?

Athos

Legend
My list of 3 potential replacements:

Kevin Sumlin (A&M HC)
James Franklin (depends how well he does at Penn State this year, but very high on him from his Vanderbilt days)
Dan Quinn (Seahawks DC, maybe a bit of a homer pick)

On one hand, I'd try to pry away Kevin Sumlin like crazy. He just has an offensive system that works, and in the SEC at all. He seems whip smart on offense. On the other hand, that means a new offensive system. But damned if he isn't one of the more intriguing names in college ball.

On one hand, I'd try to pry away Kevin Sumlin like crazy. He just has an offensive system that works, and in the SEC at all. He seems whip smart on offense. On the other hand, that means a new offensive system. But damned if he isn't one of the more intriguing names in college ball.

Bear in mind he was Sam's OC at OU, so if we choose to stick with Sam he'd at least have a step ahead.

ram007

Starter
I wonder what this means? What's going to change?

Probable changes:
1. Austin Davis at QB for Philly game
2. Play 4 men on DL and overload blitzes (hopefully secondary can cover a little longer) during passing situations
3. JF will scheme the next few games on Defense. Greg Williams will follow it to T

I have a feeling LeSean McCoy will have a field day against Rams. Nick Foles will be average. But Austin Davis will complete 65% of passes no interceptions for a 27-26 thrilling rams win.

If rams go 0-2 next two games, there is no stopping the avalanche that will follow. Which means they will and have to win the next game!

blueberry

UDFA
Name
Joey
Carroll
Arians
Harbaugh
Fisher

I've never liked Jeff Fisher. I feel he's overrated by many.

Nonetheless, he is a good coach.

V3

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure what Harbaugh is. He might be fourth due to how he seems to be grating on many in SF. If he didn't have that personality, I'd probably put him at three but with it, I don't see him lasting much longer....that is, if all the reports of people getting tired of him are true.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Bear in mind he was Sam's OC at OU, so if we choose to stick with Sam he'd at least have a step ahead.

Hard to pry him away from TAMU when he's making 5 mil a year there. He'd probably only leave for a head coaching gig, but what do I know.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Simply for discussion reasons...let's say Fisher is axed. What direction would you like to see the Rams go in? Former NFL HC, college HC, or an up-and-coming coordinator type? I'd almost be tempted to poach a coordinator from one of our division rivals, such as Darrell Bevel.
I'd want a Sumlin type(college-innovative), with a DC from the NFL (that's younger than Williams with recent success) from a proven defensive system. Dick LeBeau-ish...This is really getting ridiculous...the penalties, the poor scheme, the lack of halftime adjustments. Getting out-coached by Garrett leaves a lot to be desired in this staff.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There is no way Fish will lose enough games with this roster to get fired. And the loss of Bradford is only going to help him in terms of allowing him to coach another season. I'd put the odds at 99% or thereabouts that Fish returns. Only thing that would force Stan's hand is a complete collapse which is very, very unlikely.

Snead is the guy who will get some questions if that happens, most likely. He would be on the seat to explain why he did not think, with Sam's injury history and two first round picks in his hand, that it was necessary to add some better QB depth to this roster.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Great question! Last year, after week #4, you saw what happened! "Who know what evil Lerks in the hearts of Man!?"
I'm hopeful for great things.

I continue to think Davis will play lights out for the rest of the year, and push Sam next year. But I'm curious to see how we can get more pressure on D when the OL is allowed to tackle us without penalty.

bluecoconuts

Legend
He could be, but I think Fisher is a bridge coach.

Don't get me wrong, I love him and I think he can lead us to a championship. However, I've said it before, I see this team the same way I saw the Kings back in about 2008/2009. A very young team with lots of potential, that needs time to grow and learn how to win. Their coach, Terry Murray was perfect for teaching young players how to adjust to the game and learn how to play strong defense with solid fundamentals. After a few years he got them into the playoffs, where they won 2 games and were bounced from the first round two years in a row. Then half way through the following season (after their second time being eliminated) Murray was replaced by a much more aggressive coach. Although he still preached defense, he also told them to go out and attack, get the puck and keep it. Now they have two cups in three years, three consecutive conference finals trips, and are considered one of the best (and best ran) teams in the league.

I think the Rams will show continued improvement, I think we'd be further along if not for injuries as well, but this team has the talent to make some noise. If Fisher is unable to do it, my guess is the next coach we get does. I'm willing to give Fisher the end of his contract (assuming we don't just start to tank and tank hard), but if there's no real promising replacement out there, I'm not really in favor of change just for the sake of change.

At any rate, he's better than Harblow, and I'm not convinced on Pete the Cheat either (mostly because you know most of that defense is juicing, and given that they blatantly bragged about their cheating you know he encourages it), but the Cardinals may have gotten themselves a real quality guy.