Is Jeff Fisher the 4th best coach.....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
In our division? I hate to say it but Bruce Arians has done a fantastic job with the Cards. Pete in Seattle & Harbaugh in SF have reumes too. Are we being out gunned not only in talent but also in scheme week to week? What's wrong with this defense? Why doesn't Jeff Fisher just take control of the "D" and stop looking for a DC that obviously hasn't got a clue on how to maximize our talent?!?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Our d sure does seem to play better when Fishers involved.

A55VA6

Legend
I think it's a toss up between Fisher and Harbaugh as the worst HC in the division. In my opinion, at least.

Carroll and Arians are outstanding coaches, as much as I hate to say it.

Psycho_X

Legend
I think Harbaugh is the worst coach personally. But I've always like Arians and have said in other places that I was mad when the Cardinals hired him. He will always have them playing competitive football I guarantee. And the job he did with Indy when Chuck Pagano had his cancer scare was unbelievable with a rookie QB. Arians knows offense no matter who he has as players on the field he'll find a way to get points out of his teams. Look at some of the offenses he has been a part of.... was Peyton Mannings QB coach his first 3 years in the NFL, led a Browns offense with Tim Couch to the playoffs for god sakes, then went to the Steelers and eventually was Roethlesibergers OC during his best years and was part of the last super bowl there before heading to the Colts. Arians truly scares me the most long term.

Carroll, meh he does what it takes to win. I think the guy is a sleeze and just something about him rubs me the wrong way. But he is blessed with good talent evaluators in Seattle that know who fits his systems and he's good at putting them in the positions they need to be to win. But I'd say Carroll is blessed with a very good front office as well.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
It's definitely debatable, but I think it's a testament to how good the coaches are in our division rather than a knock on Jeff Fisher.

ram007

Starter
I wonder why Fisher needs a DC. Fisher is real good as a Defensive mind.
Wonder why he doesn't call plays on defense?
Arians is an offensive coach and he hired an OC for namesake. Arians calls all the plays

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Carroll, now in his 5th year, was 7-9, and 7-9, then he got Wilson. Harbaugh and Arians inherited talented teams. Fisher, now in his 3rd year, inherited a dumpster fire.
Bradford and Long don't go down this year, we're all singing a different tune. Plus, the season's young yet.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's definitely debatable, but I think it's a testament to how good the coaches are in our division rather than a knock on Jeff Fisher.
I think this^ is correct. And for those of you who seem to want to start a 'Ditch Williams' campaign, keep in mind The Starters he's either Lost, had injured, or weren't able to practice in preseason! Patience! Fisher said on his Monday night show their doing a lot of evaluating and re-thinking as we speak!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think this^ is correct. And for those of you who seem to want to start a 'Ditch Williams' campaign, keep in mind The Starters he's either Lost, had injured, or weren't able to practice in preseason! Patience! Fisher said on his Monday night show their doing a lot of evaluating and re-thinking as we speak!
OK, I feel ya...I'm so pissed at some of these defensive calls....3 man lines.....21 point leads lost at HOME.....I'ma roll with this...lets see these changes.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I think Harbaugh is the worst coach personally. But I've always like Arians and have said in other places that I was mad when the Cardinals hired him. He will always have them playing competitive football I guarantee. And the job he did with Indy when Chuck Pagano had his cancer scare was unbelievable with a rookie QB. Arians knows offense no matter who he has as players on the field he'll find a way to get points out of his teams. Look at some of the offenses he has been a part of.... was Peyton Mannings QB coach his first 3 years in the NFL, led a Browns offense with Tim Couch to the playoffs for god sakes, then went to the Steelers and eventually was Roethlesibergers OC during his best years and was part of the last super bowl there before heading to the Colts. Arians truly scares me the most long term.

Carroll, meh he does what it takes to win. I think the guy is a sleeze and just something about him rubs me the wrong way. But he is blessed with good talent evaluators in Seattle that know who fits his systems and he's good at putting them in the positions they need to be to win. But I'd say Carroll is blessed with a very good front office as well.

Arians has the make up of a great coach. They were the only team to beat Seattle in the 12th man last year. I wasn't too happy the Cardinals hired him.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
It would be wise to consider the GM's, owners, scouts, and the shape the team was in when Arians, Harbaugh, Carroll, and Fisher came on board their respective teams. I guarantee you that no team was in worse shape in all those areas than the Rams when Jeff Fisher took over.

As far as the D goes; it is baffling that with experienced defensive coaches like Jeff Fisher, Mike Wauffle, Dave McGinnis, Chuck Cecil, and Greg Williams, that they can't come up with better game plans and in-game adjustments.

its-a-yes-from-me.png

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Harbaugh walked into a very talented team, and his fiery approach led them well. But, he's going to lose that team very soon, with his childishness, and his personality rubbing people the wrong way. Hell, even the owners tried to trade him in the offseason. He must be pissing someone off!

Athos

Legend
I have to admit......I'm super jealous of Arizona. They seem to have a franchise HC in Arians. They play with controlled swagger. You could say he inherited a talented team, but he has quality experience.

Harbough is an overrated joke. Came to a SB level defense already in place, with super bowl level playmakers sans QB already on the team. He lucked out.

Carroll is super sleaze and I wouldn't take him for free.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder why Fisher needs a DC. Fisher is real good as a Defensive mind.

Its probably because he has to manage the team also. I mean how many defensive minded head coaches out there with a DC? Probably alot.

Philly5

Rookie
IMO Arians is the best coach in the NFL. Innovative and well respected.

Think Harbaugh is overrated. Can't stand him, but Carroll seems to have it figured out.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
If this team doesn't go .500 this year I think it is beyond reasonable to start considering a change, which I hate to say.

I understand some things have happened, like Bradford and Long getting injured...but Fisher has gotten the patience from the fans and such. In todays NFL the turn around can happen very rapidly. I think they've put together a talented roster, now it's time to get them to start winning some games. If this staff can't do it now my faith they will do it "next year" will be teetering on the edge.

Simply for discussion reasons...let's say Fisher is axed. What direction would you like to see the Rams go in? Former NFL HC, college HC, or an up-and-coming coordinator type? I'd almost be tempted to poach a coordinator from one of our division rivals, such as Darrell Bevel.

If this team doesn't go .500 this year I think it is beyond reasonable to start considering a change, which I hate to say.

I understand some things have happened, like Bradford and Long getting injured...but Fisher has gotten the patience from the fans and such. In todays NFL the turn around can happen very rapidly. I think they've put together a talented roster, now it's time to get them to start winning some games. If this staff can't do it now my faith they will do it "next year" will be teetering on the edge.

Simply for discussion reasons...let's say Fisher is axed. What direction would you like to see the Rams go in? Former NFL HC, college HC, or an up-and-coming coordinator type? I'd almost be tempted to poach a coordinator from one of our division rivals, such as Darrell Bevel.

My list of 3 potential replacements:

Kevin Sumlin (A&M HC)
James Franklin (depends how well he does at Penn State this year, but very high on him from his Vanderbilt days)
Dan Quinn (Seahawks DC, maybe a bit of a homer pick)