Is Jeff Fisher becoming "Goodell Jr."?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
NFL wants to crack down on on-field taunting
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 26, 2014

roddywhiterichardsherman-e1360881247824.jpg
AP

Officials monitoring players taunting each other has been in the league’s rule book, as a point of emphasis.

It’s now moving from the back of the book to the front of the book.

“We’re going to raise the standard on the field,” Rams coach Jeff Fisher said.

Fisher, speaking for the league’s competition committee, said this morning that the NCAA had also asked the league to crack down on taunting, to prevent a trickling down through all levels of football.

As such, the league’s going to crack down on taunting.

The new emphasis adds one more thing for officials to worry about on the field, but Fisher was adamant that things were moving down the wrong road. With commissioner Roger Goodell opening the meetings with an emphasis on “respect,” it’s hardly a surprise.

But it’s clear they want things to change.
-------------------------
C'mon Jeff, don't the refs have enough work to do without making sure players don't get their feelings hurt during a game? :wtf:

69superbowl

Rookie
About time. They should try teaching proper tackling technique in Pee Wee football next.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I'm guessing that this means something to Fisher! Probably stems from the crap that went down in NC. Refs let that get out of hand and the Rams got the short end!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The problem with this has been the lack of consistency from the zebras. Of course, I think it's fair to say that the zebras lack of consistency was a problem across the board with all that they did last year. But with the taunting... Just think about what we saw go down in the shit hole known as Carolina last season. If that team of punk asses had done the exact same things while playing against the patsies or the broncos... The zebras would NOT have looked the other way like they did with us. No question in my mind. Fish should be showing video clips from that debacle to GODell right now and demanding answers.

We'll see how serious they are. My guess is the lack of consistency will continue. The refs will continue to let the jersey,,, and the name on the back of the jersey,,, determine what will be "permitted".

Fuck GODell and his bull fucking shit.

This rant may still not be complete.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
I don't mind taunting. It's nature of the game with mind tricks, and as long as they back it up with their play.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
NFL wants to crack down on on-field taunting
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 26, 2014

roddywhiterichardsherman-e1360881247824.jpg
AP

Officials monitoring players taunting each other has been in the league’s rule book, as a point of emphasis.

It’s now moving from the back of the book to the front of the book.

“We’re going to raise the standard on the field,” Rams coach Jeff Fisher said.

Fisher, speaking for the league’s competition committee, said this morning that the NCAA had also asked the league to crack down on taunting, to prevent a trickling down through all levels of football.

As such, the league’s going to crack down on taunting.

The new emphasis adds one more thing for officials to worry about on the field, but Fisher was adamant that things were moving down the wrong road. With commissioner Roger Goodell opening the meetings with an emphasis on “respect,” it’s hardly a surprise.

But it’s clear they want things to change.
-------------------------
C'mon Jeff, don't the refs have enough work to do without making sure players don't get their feelings hurt during a game? :wtf:
Wait, I think I get it. Jeff is using this to gain competitive advantage against the Seachickens, who may be one of the teams that suffer the most from this rule change. If I'm right, then this is pure genius.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I think Fisher might be in line to get some sort of league job when he's done coaching. Let's just hope they throw the Rams a bone and gift us a superbowl because he's on our team.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Let's hope the message gets through to all of OUR taunters, because we are well-stocked just like everyone else.

F. Mulder

Starter
I just wish the refs would give him more calls since he is one the Rules Committee. I'm a homer but it sure felt like we got a lot of short-ends-of-the-stick calls last year.

moklerman

Warner-phile
The problem is, some consider taunting unprofessional and immature while others think it's fun and a part of the game. I don't want it to go to either extreme but ultimately, enforcing it will be a judgment call by the officials and that's always a bad thing.

Alan

Legend
More power to them in their efforts.

Good sportsmanship is supposed to be an integral part of our society. Something we're supposed to be teaching our children. How can you teach those values to your children if you don't believe in them yourselves?

Just saying.

moklerman

Warner-phile
More power to them in their efforts.

Good sportsmanship is supposed to be an integral part of our society. Something we're supposed to be teaching our children. How can you teach those values to your children if you don't believe in them yourselves?

Just saying.
Is there a universal definition of good sportsmanship?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Let's hope the message gets through to all of OUR taunters, because we are well-stocked just like everyone else.

Was Fisher as gung-ho against taunting while Finnegan was on the team? As I recall we beat RGIII and the Skins in part because of Finnegan taunting one of their WR's near the end of that game.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
I hope all this Rule committee stuff doesn't take away from Jeff Fisher's commitment to the Rams winning.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Word is the NCAA asked the NFL to cracked down, as it's filtering down into their players now.