Is Janoris Jenkins in the discussion for DROY?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Defensive Rookie of the Year?

Maybe?

I know there are some other guys who are playing well too, but still.
FOUR touchdowns?

hi-res-157360819_crop_exact.jpg

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I cant think of any rookie that has outplayed him on the defensive side of the ball. Maybe Luke Kuechly because of the impact he has had on the overall performance of the Panther D, but I cant think of anyone else off the top of my head.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
libertadrocks said:
I cant think of any rookie that has outplayed him on the defensive side of the ball. Maybe Luke Kuechly because of the impact he has had on the overall performance of the Panther D, but I cant think of anyone else off the top of my head.
Lavonte David, Melvin Ingram, Casey Hayward, and Harrison Smith are all having good years, but Jenkins is a TD machine. My fear is that the Rams' record is gonna weigh him down when it comes time for consideration. That's a shitty way to rank players, but it is what it is in this league.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
X said:
libertadrocks said:
Lavonte David, Melvin Ingram, Casey Hayward, and Harrison Smith are all having good years, but Jenkins is a TD machine. My fear is that the Rams' record is gonna weigh him down when it comes time for consideration. That's a shitty way to rank players, but it is what it is in this league.
That is shitty because it's an individual award and shouldn't be based on the team.
He's got my vote.

GO RAMS!!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
X said:
libertadrocks said:
Lavonte David, Melvin Ingram, Casey Hayward, and Harrison Smith are all having good years, but Jenkins is a TD machine. My fear is that the Rams' record is gonna weigh him down when it comes time for consideration. That's a cruddy way to rank players, but it is what it is in this league.

Myself and others were screaming for Lavonte David at our Isaiah Pead selection.

I'm not giving up on Pead, just, ouch. We had a great draft, but wow... if we had taken David it would have been colossal.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
libertadrocks said:
Lavonte David, Melvin Ingram, Casey Hayward, and Harrison Smith are all having good years, but Jenkins is a TD machine. My fear is that the Rams' record is gonna weigh him down when it comes time for consideration. That's a cruddy way to rank players, but it is what it is in this league.

Myself and others were screaming for Lavonte David at our Isaiah Pead selection.

I'm not giving up on Pead, just, ouch. We had a great draft, but wow... if we had taken David it would have been colossal.

Don't remind me! Pead will probably contribute some day but damn. David is exactly who I knew he was coming out of Nebraska.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Ramhusker said:
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
libertadrocks said:

Don't remind me! Pead will probably contribute some day but damn. David is exactly who I knew he was coming out of Nebraska.

What was so strange... everyone liked David. The only critique seemed to be his size... so he fell. But at the end of the day, it was hard to find anyone who didn't like his play.

It's like scouts got duped by measurables instead of game tape.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
libertadrocks said:

And you shouldn't IMO if we'd picked someone OTHER than DR with that pick and Pead had gotten the playing time ,he'd be doing most if not more than DR.
I think eventualy Pead outperforms DR,I think he's more powerful and faster, just didn't hit the ground right.

OH and Yes on DROY for Jenkins, he's a baller ,definately the all rookie team ahead of Mo Claiborne

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
If I had a choice of 5 rookies for DROY I would include both Jenkins and Brockers amongst Kuechley, L. David and Bobby Wagner.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
CGI_Ram said:
Ramhusker said:
CGI_Ram said:
X said:
libertadrocks said:

What was so strange... everyone liked David. The only critique seemed to be his size... so he fell. But at the end of the day, it was hard to find anyone who didn't like his play.

It's like scouts got duped by measurables instead of game tape.
David is definitely playing well and it would be nice to have an OLB who has been playing as well as he has. But there might be another reason we passed on him. It might be that Fisher's D values size at LB and thus he wouldn't have been a good fit. What I'm basically saying is that, though he is playing well, he may not have played quite so well in our system.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I heard Savard say the Rams "coveted" David during the draft, don't know why they passed on him.

Oh well.