Is it just me or....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Does it seem like no matter who we play recievers are WIDE open for most of the game, and we cant get off the field on 3rd down? But our recievers are seemingly always closely covered. And when I watch other teams play there are maybe just a handful of plays where a reciever is WIDE open. I hold my breathe on every 3rd down rather we have the ball or not. This has been going on for years now, even when spags was here... Remember no one on our team could cover a TE or anyone running a seam route? It reminds me of watching Bulger drop back to pass and I was always afraid he would throw an int.

This is alarming to me and I know I'm not over anaylizing this. Why won't we change this? If I have to go through this whole season watching 3rd and 3 scenerios with our DBs 7yds off the los giving up easy slant passes I'm gonna loose my mind!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Ah... It's just you. Finnegan played a subpar game but the rams look fine

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Gonna be rough the first few games (as many predicted). Until everyone is playing as a well-oiled machine, we're gonna see some hiccups, and we'll probably see more zone than press man. It's easier to cover a part of the field than it is to man-up on receivers like Fitzgerald. Case in point ... Finnegan was in man coverage both times he got beat deep.

A55VA6

Legend
It looked like it was just soft zones all day.. I don't like that.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea, I did notice finnegan was beat on man to man but if its 3rd and 3 why play so far off the ball? Why not jam a wr and still play zone? To me it just seems like the dc is counting on the pass rush and ignoring the secondary. And if the rush doesn't get there, and the qb doesn't make a mistake, the reciever is always open. And comes down with the ball.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
fastcat said:
Yea, I did notice finnegan was beat on man to man but if its 3rd and 3 why play so far off the ball? Why not jam a wr and still play zone? To me it just seems like the dc is counting on the pass rush and ignoring the secondary. And if the rush doesn't get there, and the qb doesn't make a mistake, the reciever is always open. And comes down with the ball.

Honestly? Six of one, half dozen of another. If you play 3-5 yards off the ball on 3rd and short, you can break on a quick slant if the QB is pressured and possibly get a pick 6. If you're in man, sometimes you can get beat for a 50 yarder with just one quick cut or missed tackle. Keeping things in front is a safe play most of the time, and they'll do that less and less as the defense gets more acclimated with the playbook and everyone on defense has more situational awareness (knowing where their teammates will be at all times as well).

I know it's aggravating to watch, but there are reasons for everything. Not to mention there are FIVE defensive coordinators on staff all at the same time (Fisher, McGinnis, Walton, Bush, Cecil), with about 40 years of combined experience. They can't be all collectively stupid, can they?

Slappy967

Starter
There were some moments today that felt just like week 1 last year, the difference being the "veteran" lol players overcame adversity which they failed to do last year. Our inability throughout the 1st half to stop 90% of 3rd down plays was frustrating. But its fascinating how quickly the Fish and hid coaches got these rookies game ready. I predict a lot of growing pains this year for sure but I expect our defense to get much better as the year progresses.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I don't like it either.

It's gonna be interesting to see how they play against Roddy White and Julio Jones next week.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Angry Ram said:
I don't like it either.

It's gonna be interesting to see how they play against Roddy White and Julio Jones next week.
Yeesh. :whome?: