is it ever ok to leave a game early, as i did yesterday?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

drpugilist

i will say however that i wasnt alone in doing this. several fans boo'd in the second half and even more began filing out after our first series in the 4th quarter. brutal to watch.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Yeah, in my book if the game's as painful to watch as that one!
Man, that's an ugly sig!:)

drpugilist

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i hate leaving early or walking out on my team but that was just ridiculous. i actually condone walking out in these types of situations. not necessarily for the players sake but in hopes that the coaching staff and management see that their fans arent going to accept this type of play.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
The wife and I left with 7 mins to go. I figured if the team gave up why couldn't we...
Very disappointing game but today's a new day and beating the brakes off the Bucs will make it all better

drpugilist

The wife and I left with 7 mins to go. I figured if the team gave up why couldn't we...
Very disappointing game but today's a new day and beating the brakes off the Bucs will make it all better

man i hope youre right. i just dont know if we are capable of beating the brakes off of a little league team right now.
also, im in ky as well. where are you from?

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
We were walking up the stairs as Harrison Smith was returning the INT for a TD. Couldn't take it any more. The frustrating thing for us, is that we have 2 small kids at home and it was a beautiful day. Feel like we wasted like 4 hours of our life we could've spent outside doing some stuff with them, and saved the babysitter money. Obviously I don't feel like that when we go see a good game... but when you see that debacle, it kinda makes you feel like you wasted your money and a beautiful day!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
You should leave any event that you have paid for once the enjoyment is gone. Football is entertainment funded directly and indirectly by fans. We as fans have the right to leave, bitch or stop supporting at any time. It is the responsibility of the entertaining entity to entertain.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
My family has had season tickets since 1995...when I think back on the past 10 years it really hurts to think of the great autumn Sunday afternoons I've wasted.

I'll keep going...but my patience to sit until the end is being stretched very, very thin.

drpugilist

whats worse is, i drive almost 3 hrs to watch the games with my fam (most of the time). my oldest son gets so hyped for these games and even on the drive to the dome, only to witness what we saw yesterday. and i still believe that we have the talent to play well at most positions! just disappointing...

Sum1

Hall of Fame
whats worse is, i drive almost 3 hrs to watch the games with my fam (most of the time). my oldest son gets so hyped for these games and even on the drive to the dome, only to witness what we saw yesterday. and i still believe that we have the talent to play well at most positions! just disappointing...
Agreed on all counts!!!

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I don't blame you, I hate band wagoners and think guys like the Heat fans that left with the team still in it then trying to break back in ought to be publically exposed and ridiculed for giving up too easy.

However what we experienced yesterday I don't blame you one bit for not wanting yo be around. It was terrible, we were completely unprepared and gave up completely by the 3rd. If they can't care, then you shouldn't be expected to either.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I stayed in my seat for the duration. But that's because I'm an idiot, not because I'm a better fan than you.

Also, I lucked into turning my nosebleeds into 4th row, 50 yard line seats behind the Rams sideline. Never going to sit there again so I had to soak it all in.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Yeah. You pay your money. You've got a right to voice your discontent with either your money, your noise or your lack of attendance. You did your job by buying tickets. The team didn't do theirs.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
"Sorry, If MY Team can't walk off I'm not!". I know it was brutal to watch! I Compare it to being in a REALLY nasty Fire-Fight, (Like I was In Viet Nam), You want to get the Hell out of their, BUT your best friends are depending on you to have their Back!!!

jl918

UDFA
Name
jl918
When a team lays down yes. I left the 2005 Orange Bowl at halftime after paying $320 per ticket to watch USC absolutely humiliate OU.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I have never left a game early until yesterday. Mostly it was to keep my father and daughter from having to fight the metro crowds but I knew in my heart it was going to go from bad to worse and I couldn't bear it.

The good news is when they bounce back and start crushing teams, there will be plenty of cheap seats available and I'll be there!

ramfaninfla

nothin' left to do but SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!
since i have to fly to most games I always hang around till the end. I just wish I could show them(rams FO) my receipt of the cost of ticket,flight and hotel costs and redeam some of the money back for there product that put on the field. lol. My last 2 ram games I seen live have been Dallas (last year) & yesterday game. (I did see with win against Ariz last year. Followed by the lose in Atl, so 1 & 3 with 2 ass whoopings) Hopefully seeing them this week in Tampa will change. But again, I will stay till the end.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
It was just a very boring game to watch. The defense played well enough, but there was absolutely zero excitement on offense. I know people like to watch defenses, but offenses are the money maker.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I'm really worried about the crowds going forward. A lot of optimism yesterday with a home opener, and still lots of empty seats. I can't imagine what it's going to be like the next game. If they can't come out and give a better effort than that at home in their opener, it's not going to make any casual fan spend their hard-earned money to go see them. I hope they can rebound big next week and at least get some positive vibes going before the next home game. I'll be there regardless.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i will say however that i wasnt alone in doing this. several fans boo'd in the second half and even more began filing out after our first series in the 4th quarter. brutal to watch.
If the team has the nerve to display that kind of trash during the opening season home game, than the fans should have the nerve to say "we Will not support this anymore".