Is Isaiah Pead In Trouble?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

62ramsfan

UDFA
He's definitely got physical ability. I wish he could just take charge of his situation and make it happen. I put it more on him than on the coaches. I was hoping to see a markedly stronger guy mentally this year. Quick seems to have made a nice step forward. I'd like to see that from Pead, and soon. I'm not sure I buy the stuff about him missing OTAs last year as the root of his problems. I know it didn't help, but before the new CBA, 1st round picks used to hold out and miss a lot longer than that and still play well once they got into camp.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
albefree69 said:
Ganaway better get on the field and produce too or he'll be one less RB Pead needs to worry about.

By this statement, you are making the assumption he HASN'T been producing. I take it you make this assumption based on the fact you haven't seen him do anything yet.

I watch him in practice and trust me, he has more than produced on a day in and day out basis. That he is "dinged up" now, really doesn't change his status, IMO, with this coaching staff one way or another.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
CoachO giving some detail:
By this statement, you are making the assumption he HASN'T been producing. I take it you make this assumption based on the fact you haven't seen him do anything yet.

I watch him in practice and trust me, he has more than produced on a day in and day out basis. That he is "dinged up" now, really doesn't change his status, IMO, with this coaching staff one way or another.

It's based totally on the Browns game. Zero touches. Practice is fine but game time is crucial IMO.

nighttrain

Legend
RamFan503 said:
A55VA6 said:
Let me ask you guys this.

Saturday night. Edward Jones Dome. Green Bay Packers. Pead fumbles. What now? Or... what if he runs the ball very well, no fumbles, and maybe even scores a TD?

I'm just curious on how the Pead supporters and doubters would feel with each scenario for the next game. Does it change anything?

If he does well IMO that is just a step potentially in the right direction. I'm not going to get too geeked up over a preseason game either way. I would however, like to see some quality runs and maybe a pass out of the back-field out of him.

I'm not invested too deeply in him individually so whether it is him, DR, Stacy, Benny, Gannaway, I really don't care. Draft status? At this point.... meh. What's done is done. You get the chance to draft players and you hope they work out. If a few of them don't but you nail a couple of others late in the draft, it's a wash IMO. Maybe it's wasted money but I don't think there is a team in the league that doesn't have a few of those EVERY year. You just have to work with what you got and hope the players pan out.

I just want to see two or three of our backs really show something. I think we'd be just fine going into the season with a one two punch of DR and one of the other more bruising type backs. Personally, I'm not sure I would like it being Pead and DR. They are a little too similar from what I have seen.

I'm not sure dressing three backs each week is a good idea but I honestly don't recall if that is a normal scenario. My ideal scenario would be a back with decent size and speed like Benny/Stacy/Gannaway with a speedster type back like Pead or DR. Which combination? Don't really care as long as they work well in our system.

If that means Pead goes by the wayside? So be it. If the guy is good enough, I will pull for him like any other player wearing horns. If not, I will pull for the other guys. It's not like any of these RBs are vets that have strapped on the horns for years. In that vein, Pead needs to start showing something or he will likely be gone - 2nd rounder or no.
minus the fumble, Pead three carries 18 yds
DR 6 carries 24 yds
neither of those rock my boat, and i'd bet my boat one one of these two come out as our primary back
train

A55VA6

Legend
nighttrain said:
RamFan503 said:
A55VA6 said:

Saturday night. Edward Jones Dome. Green Bay Packers. Pead fumbles. What now? Or... what if he runs the ball very well, no fumbles, and maybe even scores a TD?

I'm just curious on how the Pead supporters and doubters would feel with each scenario for the next game. Does it change anything?

If he does well IMO that is just a step potentially in the right direction. I'm not going to get too geeked up over a preseason game either way. I would however, like to see some quality runs and maybe a pass out of the back-field out of him.

I'm not invested too deeply in him individually so whether it is him, DR, Stacy, Benny, Gannaway, I really don't care. Draft status? At this point.... meh. What's done is done. You get the chance to draft players and you hope they work out. If a few of them don't but you nail a couple of others late in the draft, it's a wash IMO. Maybe it's wasted money but I don't think there is a team in the league that doesn't have a few of those EVERY year. You just have to work with what you got and hope the players pan out.

I just want to see two or three of our backs really show something. I think we'd be just fine going into the season with a one two punch of DR and one of the other more bruising type backs. Personally, I'm not sure I would like it being Pead and DR. They are a little too similar from what I have seen.

I'm not sure dressing three backs each week is a good idea but I honestly don't recall if that is a normal scenario. My ideal scenario would be a back with decent size and speed like Benny/Stacy/Gannaway with a speedster type back like Pead or DR. Which combination? Don't really care as long as they work well in our system.

If that means Pead goes by the wayside? So be it. If the guy is good enough, I will pull for him like any other player wearing horns. If not, I will pull for the other guys. It's not like any of these RBs are vets that have strapped on the horns for years. In that vein, Pead needs to start showing something or he will likely be gone - 2nd rounder or no.
DR 6 carries 24 yds
neither of those rock my boat, and i'd bet my boat one one of these two come out as our primary back
train
Those are equal or even better than Steven Jackson numbers..

nighttrain

Legend
A55VA6 said:
nighttrain said:
RamFan503 said:
A55VA6 said:

DR 6 carries 24 yds
train
Those are equal or even better than Steven Jackson numbers..
No surprise here, DR says he can block for Sam, everything i've read about camp says he cant, but Pead can. Where does this go, 3 more preseason games may tell us, it might take half the season
train

iced

62ramsfan said:
He's definitely got physical ability. I wish he could just take charge of his situation and make it happen. I put it more on him than on the coaches. I was hoping to see a markedly stronger guy mentally this year. Quick seems to have made a nice step forward. I'd like to see that from Pead, and soon. I'm not sure I buy the stuff about him missing OTAs last year as the root of his problems. I know it didn't help, but before the new CBA, 1st round picks used to hold out and miss a lot longer than that and still play well once they got into camp.

I'm completely sympathetic.

At my college, part of my Spanish class was on campus and online..

It was a hell lot easier to learn in person vs online. Easier to ask questions, actually be able to point things out and walk through it, etc.

Learning an offense is like learning a 2nd language

CoachO

Hall of Fame
albefree69 said:
CoachO giving some detail:

It's based totally on the Browns game. Zero touches. Practice is fine but game time is crucial IMO.

He didn't DRESS for the Browns game due to a MINOR leg strain. He didn't practice Saturday, but was back doing unit drills on Monday.

And how do you really think they are going to be able to get "touches" for SIX RBs in the same Preseason game?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
What's the longest thread we've ever had here at ROD? This one has to be getting close?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
We usually, logically hash things out by now. Oh well.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's a great topic.

A great example of what's fun with forums.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CGI_Ram said:
It's a great topic.

No it's not.... :pokeu:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
It's a great topic.

Lol.

It's good debate with good arguments both ways. I love it!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
It's a great topic.

Lol.

There is no end to it, because fundamentally there is a divide on how to evaluate him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
It's a great topic.

Lol.

There is no end to it, because fundamentally there is a divide on how to evaluate him.

We get more data this weekend. This thread will live on!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
It's a great topic.

Lol.

Yep, some of you will be switching sides :hehe:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
It's a great topic.

Lol.

Yep, some of you will be switching sides.

Lol.

I hope it's the guys who "doubt him" that delete. Yes, that's me. I hope I'm worried for no reason.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
It's a great topic.

Lol.

Lol.

I hope it's the guys who "doubt him" that delete. Yes, that's me. I hope I'm worried for no reason.

That is where everybody is on the same side, I hope. We should all want him to be successful, because that is what will bode well for this team.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
It's a great topic.

Lol.

Lol.

That is where everybody is on the same side, I hope. We should all want him to be successful, because that is what will bode well for this team.

Absofreakinloutly.

As critical as I've been, dude can turn the table real quick.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
DR RAM said:

CGI Ram said:

Absofreakinloutly.

As critical as I've been, dude can turn the table real quick.
Like_1.jpg

I sure like this new "like" button. It comes in real handy.