Is Goff/Gurley the best backfield in the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
IMO yes they are. I can't look at the standings and find a better duo.

Gurley is having a repeat of last year but with more TD's, and we are all seeing Goff playing like a perennial All Pro.

I'm glad we got Donald under contract for sure, but my priority was Gurley.

There is some real talent in the critical positions on the Rams. Playcaller, QB, GM and Gurley is the cherry on top.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Yes they are. I love how we don’t rely on Gurley as much. It makes us that much more lethal.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let me think Les...
1. Goff and Gurley
2. Mahomes and Hunt
3. Rivers and Gordon
4. Brees and Kamara
5. Manning and Barkley

I did not include injured players, suspended players, or players who are holding out. Even when/if Bell, Freeman, and Ingram return I probably still place the Goff/Gurley on top, with Big Ben and Bell just a smidge below them. Yet, there is a question of Bell ever playing for the Steelers again, as the Steelers are reportedly shopping him around the NFL (heard that this morning).

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
They are right there.

Rivers / Gordon, Mahomes / Hunt, Manning / Barkley, Brees / Kamara are also top tier.

Cousins / Cook, Wentz / Ajay, Carr / Lynch, Ryan / Freeman might be next tier.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Let me think Les...
1. Goff and Gurley
2. Mahomes and Hunt
3. Rivers and Gordon
4. Brees and Kamara
5. Manning and Barkley

I did not include injured players, suspended players, or players who are holding out. Even when/if Bell, Freeman, and Ingram return I probably still place the Goff/Gurley on top, with Big Ben and Bell just a smidge below them. Yet, there is a question of Bell ever playing for the Steelers again, as the Steelers are reportedly shopping him around the NFL (heard that this morning).

I listed the same top 5 before seeing yours.

We’re on to something... :LOL:

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That OL is doing work too. Making all of the skill position players job a lot easier.

…..

Legend
Brees/Kamara/Ingram gotta top the list

Unless you're playing fantasy, because Gurley is Kamara and Ingram all by himself.

Having said that, I'm only giving Brees the godfather nod here. I like our guys, but respect out the the grizzled vet with the dynamic Kamara.

Even though the Saints have more options than us out of the backfield, our receiving corps makes us frightful to play against. I think if you add reciever then New Orleans drops to #4 behind us, the Vikings, and KC

jmo.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hunt is sporting 3.2 YPA.

Cook is sporting 2.7 YPA.

Ajayi is sporting 3.9 YPA

Kamara 3.8 and just 47 yards a game on the ground. Ingram is still suspended. (IMO Kamara is a big play threat who fails more often than he success by a wide margin).

The only tandem that's even in the discussion is Rivers and Gordon but in order to help them measure up you have to include their other RB, who is challenging Gordons production with half the touches. So I am going to go FULL HOMER right here and now and disqualify them because with Gordon alone it's not even close.

I hereby crown Goff & Gurley as The Best Backfield in the NFL. :rolllaugh:

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
How you gonna stop this!

Gurley Man.JPG

BTW, best uniforms we have. Best.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Goff has been amazing but our offense still runs through Gurley... our play-action passing game would prob be significantly less effective with another back in the backfield where LBs didn't crash down so hard.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yes. And both are young. And both aren't going anywhere for a looooong time. Goddamn it feels good to be a Rams fan right now. :D