Is Getting Into the HoF First Ballot Important?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Is Getting Into the HoF First Ballot Important?

• Total voters

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Tried posting this one the other day, but I messed up posting the poll, then the correct one ended up being deleted rather than the bad one, and it was all a whole thing.

But now it's back! Do you believe it's important that certain people get into the Hall of Fame on their first year of eligibility? Is it still a snub if they get in later?

Big Willie

Starter
It matters to living HOFers at first because it identifies you as the best of the best. But after you are in, it matters very little. But for me there was only one answer...and my Spidey sense pointed it out!

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
I've come to the point where I don't really recognize Hall of Fames. In the end it's just opinions. If an individual wants to celebrate or deny an individual's accomplishments on any grounds, that's their right. It really renders moot the petty ESPN talking points and faux controversies and also allows us to change our minds. I'm sure Belichick will be elected to the one in Canton, but I'll never recognize him as more than a cheater.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The "He's a Hall of Fame player, but not a first ballot Hall of fame player" is ridiculous to me.
You were either a dominant player in your era, or you weren't.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
It only matters because every player wants in the HOF. Every year he misses it, now that he already misses playing the game, is a year he wishes he was preparing his inaugural speech. It matters to fans who appreciated the joy his success brought. So, yes, it matters.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The quality of the class each year effects how easy it is to be first ballot.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Tried posting this one the other day, but I messed up posting the poll, then the correct one ended up being deleted rather than the bad one, and it was all a whole thing.

But now it's back! Do you believe it's important that certain people get into the Hall of Fame on their first year of eligibility? Is it still a snub if they get in later?
I don't think it matters if a person goes in on the 1st ballot or not. Some years you have a lot of talent at one position, like this year at WR, they can't all get in, in one year!! Of course the exception to the rule is IF your a Ram you go to the Head of the Line!!(y):D