Is Finnegan Done?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If he doesn't produce he will be done, now that Williams is in town.

The article by Matt Bowen on Williams philosophy is an excellent read for understanding how he looks at production. Greg Williams is very demanding and calls players out in front of the team to hold them accountable. Bowen said Williams will sit anyone that is not doing their job well...no matter who it is, where they were drafted, or how much they signed for.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I would like to see him brought back this season...as a DB coach. I fully understand that most players are not great coaches but I think that is primarily the "elite" (I hate that term for its ambiguity) athlete who performs at a high level due to superior talent. I think those players have a hard time understanding why "lessor" players don't compete up to their level. M. Jordan as a basketball coach comes to mind.

Then you have Finnegan who has excelled due to his tenacious effort, hard work and edgy playing style. I think he probably adopted this style of play out of necessity because he was never the most talented guy on the field but he REALLY wanted it. That, to me, sounds like the makings of a great coach, one who could preach the benefits of hard work, hard play and how to play with that attitude. Such a move would also allow Fisher to be loyal to his long time player and allow Finnegan an "out" that didn't bruise his ego.

Ramifications

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the clarification, flv, appreciated.

Ramifications

I would like to see him brought back this season...as a DB coach. I fully understand that most players are not great coaches but I think that is primarily the "elite" (I hate that term for its ambiguity) athlete who performs at a high level due to superior talent. I think those players have a hard time understanding why "lessor" players don't compete up to their level. M. Jordan as a basketball coach comes to mind.

Then you have Finnegan who has excelled due to his tenacious effort, hard work and edgy playing style. I think he probably adopted this style of play out of necessity because he was never the most talented guy on the field but he REALLY wanted it. That, to me, sounds like the makings of a great coach, one who could preach the benefits of hard work, hard play and how to play with that attitude. Such a move would also allow Fisher to be loyal to his long time player and allow Finnegan an "out" that didn't bruise his ego.

Great idea, I completely agree.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
How much does the highest paid nickelback make in the NFL, because that's all Finnegan will do. And imo he should be making significantly less than the highest paid nickelback in the league

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Thanks ... now my fucking head is spinning!! LOL But as I see it ... he needs at least to be restructured. I don't think he will be outright "cut" ... because he is a "Fisher guy" JF is very loyal to those loyal to him. But I can see them asking him to take a cut in $$$ and help mentor an already young secondary.

Ramifications

What percentage on the dollar would his 2013 campaign merit? A lot less than 50%? I guess I'd have to know that before deciding if I was on board or not. Loyalty is important, but if he can't help anymore, it is counterproductive. Maybe he will know if he can return to some semblance of his earlier, better form, or not, and not make Fisher cut him if he lost it. And if he returns, maybe a sign of a glimmering of hope?

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
So basically if Finn is owed a $3 million roster bonus in one week we will know pretty soon for sure whether he comes back. If the Rams pay that bonus then it's a given that he's coming back. Otherwise, he might end up getting cut soon.